5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

A couple of TSB questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2001, 06:55 AM

A couple of TSB questions

Now is the time for all good people.......

Well however that went! Here is my problem. I want ot get rid of the ticking noise that is coming from the HVAC. I thought there was a TSB for that...BTW I looked!

Also, my dealer is telling me that they will need to keep my car for a couple of days (one week is more likely) for my bumper scratches. My bumper is so bad now that they are going to repaint the problem area. I asked if I could get a loaner.."No, I'm sorry we don't have loaners". Should I rent a car for a couple of days and have them fix it or should I just live with the brown poop that once was my bumper!

I am trying to get every bell and whistle fixed before that 36,000 mark!
Old 10-11-2001, 07:10 AM
The silent but deadly Moderator

well

there is a TSB on that, I've had it done.. they can replace the motor and/or insulate it with sound deadening material. They replaced my motor. They managed to scratch my glove box in the process (albeit hard to see and pretty minor, it still P$ssed me off). New motor has been in there about 10 months and is kinda starting to sound like the old one.

Hey, I got the Nissan Gold extended warranty and I have to *argue* to get a rental car! I had to call NofNA and read my warranty to them before they would approve a 1/2 day rental!! contrary to what they say, 1 hour or more labor gets you a car (at least on my papers). they tried that overnight crap and I wasnt having it. they punished me by making it take 2 hours to get the car (crappy sentra) and paperwork ready. the joke was on me after all.
Old 10-11-2001, 07:26 AM

Thanks

I was supposed to take the car in today, but I am going to put it off until I can work out all of these details.

What made me mad the last time going to the dealership was about the bumper TSB. They couldn't find it...and they were just going to wing it and make me get a rental The service manager was telling me that they are going to repaint and readjust the trunk. I tried telling them that there is some special clips for the bumper that they need to order. He then tried to look for the TSB again...to no avail! Do you think I could have them order a new bumper and have them quickly match my paint and paint the new bumper....then go back in a week and have them put it on? I hate the idea of having them repaint because I know how long it can take if I am not first in line.

So your new fan motor is ticking again already!? I can't believe how load mine is...I turn off the whole HVAC when I get a chance because it is louder than the motor at idle....and you can hear the car from 100 feet away when it is on. Sounds like a nasty tapping valve on a old pushrod motor!
Old 10-11-2001, 07:54 AM
The silent but deadly Moderator

oh..

my motor wasnt *that* loud. just bugged me at low speed settings. it got quiet at higher speeds.

ummm, your dealer has lost their mind on the TSB's. If they arent listed above, try Dave. I wouldn't let the work on the car without the TSBs, there are updated partnumbers and other very specific directions regarding both of those fixes. They obviously havent paid for a new CD since 1972!
Old 10-11-2001, 09:17 AM

heh

Well my bumper has scratches...dealer said he ordered the clips..that was last year....gee he never called me. After seeing the type of nimrods that Nissan hires, would you want them tearing your cars body apart so I let it slide. Now my defroster has that pushrod sound and the rotors are warped.

Since I got married I drive 190 miles a day, 5 days a week. The Nissan Flagship feels like a 1982 Chevy Celebrity...24K miles on it, most of them highyway...give me a break...Oh yeah...the front end looks like someone sprayed it with sandblaster.

Buy Chevy...at least you expect things to go wrong.

I'm serious
Old 10-11-2001, 10:01 AM

Re: heh

Originally posted by jnm2kse
Well my bumper has scratches...dealer said he ordered the clips..that was last year....gee he never called me. After seeing the type of nimrods that Nissan hires, would you want them tearing your cars body apart so I let it slide. Now my defroster has that pushrod sound and the rotors are warped.

Since I got married I drive 190 miles a day, 5 days a week. The Nissan Flagship feels like a 1982 Chevy Celebrity...24K miles on it, most of them highyway...give me a break...Oh yeah...the front end looks like someone sprayed it with sandblaster.

Buy Chevy...at least you expect things to go wrong.

I'm serious
It sounds like you were in the same boat as me. I told the SM about 8 monthws ago that I wass getting some scatches...they tried rubbing on them with something and it looked better but it definetely didn't fix the issue. Now the scratches are so bad that they would have to repaint to fix the problem...

I asked the SM if they repaint it do they recommend using some of the 3M tape to cover the problem area so it would not do it again....he took a good look at the trunk and said "No..we will just readjust the trunk so it doesn't rub". Thats bullsh!T! the trunk lines up perfectly right now...I don't want them to jimmy with the damn thing because they are idiots.

I really like the 3M tape idea though...and if I get it fixed that is what I am going to do. Someone out there needs to get this "To the Market". It would be a better fix than having Nissan send out new clips and take off the bumper and all that other B.S.