5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Anyone have something different...

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2001, 08:17 PM

Anyone have something different...

I see just about everyone has either Eibachs or H&R springs. Does anyone have the Intrax, Sprint, B&G, etc. I know two people have progress springs, but anyone have anything different?

I would like a little lower drop than the eibachs but rather not pay as much for the H&Rs. The progress springs are looking most apetizing to me, but I remember yo_its_ok saying something about them not seating properly on the rears. Has anyone experienced this?

If you have any suggestions, please pass them my way. I can get eibachs/tokico's to my door for $550.50, but would still like something cheaper. I know the KYB's are coming out soon, but I'd rather not have to modify anything to get them to fit. I remember Catman saying they would have an adapter, but if I remember correctly it's $30 per. That's once again more than I'm wanting to put into them.

Also don't bother mentioning the coilovers. Not interested ... doesn't mean Kev and others can't contribute, but don't suggest the coilovers.

Thanks
Old 10-14-2001, 08:46 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Anyone have something different...

Originally posted by ispeed
I see just about everyone has either Eibachs or H&R springs. Does anyone have the Intrax, Sprint, B&G, etc. I know two people have progress springs, but anyone have anything different?

I would like a little lower drop than the eibachs but rather not pay as much for the H&Rs. The progress springs are looking most apetizing to me, but I remember yo_its_ok saying something about them not seating properly on the rears. Has anyone experienced this?

If you have any suggestions, please pass them my way. I can get eibachs/tokico's to my door for $550.50, but would still like something cheaper. I know the KYB's are coming out soon, but I'd rather not have to modify anything to get them to fit. I remember Catman saying they would have an adapter, but if I remember correctly it's $30 per. That's once again more than I'm wanting to put into them.

Also don't bother mentioning the coilovers. Not interested ... doesn't mean Kev and others can't contribute, but don't suggest the coilovers.

Thanks
well...intrax springs sux!! ( at least from my own experience it was bad..not on a Maxima, but on a different car i used to drive)..
just get the Eibach and Tokicos...i know the eibachs don't lower much,
but we don't have much choice since you don't want the coilovers...
Old 10-14-2001, 09:47 PM

Progress Springs

i have the progress springs installed and besides for having my stock shocks/strust basically blown now, no problems w/ front or rear...ride quality still pretty decent...so cal guys know bout 71 fwy, niceeeeeeeeeeee ride all the way home, but got into Pomona, not too much fun...once i get my struts, most likely koni's, should be all good
atw
Old 10-14-2001, 11:33 PM

Thanks
Try PMing Apexi. He has B&Gs on.
Old 10-14-2001, 11:45 PM

slam it, go sprint
Old 10-15-2001, 03:33 AM
JET Speed Lab

yoitsok installed my progress springs with no probs. dunno where you heard him say that he did.
Old 10-15-2001, 09:33 AM

He only said...

Originally posted by ToYLeT902
yoitsok installed my progress springs with no probs. dunno where you heard him say that he did.
I saw the same comment. He was just saying that you need to be aware that the rear progress springs need to be installed in a certain manner. He said the front springs go in fine...but the rear springs you need to use some common sense with. "The end of the spring coil needs to fit snuggly in the perch" I believe this is what he said. Just something to be aware of, but it should be no problem if you know what you are doing!
Old 10-15-2001, 10:18 AM
JET Speed Lab

Re: He only said...

Originally posted by MOBOY

I saw the same comment. He was just saying that you need to be aware that the rear progress springs need to be installed in a certain manner. He said the front springs go in fine...but the rear springs you need to use some common sense with. "The end of the spring coil needs to fit snuggly in the perch" I believe this is what he said. Just something to be aware of, but it should be no problem if you know what you are doing!
ahh i get it now. how do you like yours?
Old 10-15-2001, 12:30 PM

Re: Re: He only said...

ahh i get it now. how do you like yours?
I am still waiting for mine to show up! He made it sound like they had them in stock....nope! They are back ordered....

I will post some pictures when I get everything installed.
Old 10-15-2001, 12:45 PM

quote from a thread:

The progress springs fit fine on the front however... the rear springs don't truly sit properly on the perch....bottom... but with some manipulation of the factory spring wrap....you can sit it in properly w/o any issues, you must be very careful when decompressing the rear, as you might need to move it around if it doesn't fit in 100% when you go to reinstall the strut assembly. make sure you trust w/o a doubt the person doing your suspension, cause the Progress ones are tricky.

-Peace

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=66968
Old 10-15-2001, 12:54 PM

just thought about this ...

Do you need to cut the bumpstop with the install of the progress springs? I know the eibachs do, but what about others?

Thanks,
Old 10-15-2001, 12:55 PM
JET Speed Lab

quote from a thread:

The progress springs fit fine on the front however... the rear springs don't truly sit properly on the perch....bottom... but with some manipulation of the factory spring wrap....you can sit it in properly w/o any issues, you must be very careful when decompressing the rear, as you might need to move it around if it doesn't fit in 100% when you go to reinstall the strut assembly. make sure you trust w/o a doubt the person doing your suspension, cause the Progress ones are tricky.

-Peace

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=66968
ok
Old 10-16-2001, 12:27 AM

COILOVERS! COILOVERS!! COILOVER!!!
I told you not to mention them...Tee! Hee!!

ADMAN
Old 10-16-2001, 06:12 AM

Re: Re: Anyone have something different...

Originally posted by adman
COILOVERS! COILOVERS!! COILOVER!!!
I told you not to mention them...Tee! Hee!!

ADMAN

coilovers
Old 10-16-2001, 09:04 PM

i have golden apple (maxspeed) springs.. exact same spec as h&r and the ride is good.. they're using my car as a prototype car for testing.. soo far soo good, and it's been alot of months.
Old 10-17-2001, 05:50 AM

Originally posted by mingo
i have golden apple (maxspeed) springs.. exact same spec as h&r and the ride is good.. they're using my car as a prototype car for testing.. soo far soo good, and it's been alot of months.
maxspeed springs? I saw some listed on ebay a couple of days ago for a 2k+ max ... I just thought they were trying to pull someone's leg and take their money. Didn't know they were out.

I have decided to go with the progress springs. The drop is more of what I'm looking for, but now I need to find some tokicos. Once again I'd rather not get the KYB's since they require some sort of modification, but I still might consider them.

Anyone know where I can find tokicos cheap? I tried shox.com but they want $350 shipped, and custommaxima.com wants $345 shipped. Cheaper anyone?

THanks
Old 10-17-2001, 11:50 AM
JET Speed Lab