5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Boss wants to race?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2001, 05:26 AM
Got Bent?

Boss wants to race?

Not really my boss, but he is the director if the design center I work at.... so he is the senior most person in the office. Anyhow, he has a 2k Boxster (not S), stock. Specs say he has 217 hp and 192 lb-ft torque. He sees me getting mods and stuff delivered at work and he knows I am into cars. He says he wants a race... I am pretty sure he will beat me, but how bad? He is a totally cool guy so winning or losing doesn't mean anything... I guess I'll run him one of these days... hehehe...

By the way, I had a small run in with a TL-S this morning The TL-S was in front of me as we were turning onto an empty road. He turns and punches it when he is one car length ahead of me. I punch it shortly thereafter. He gains maybe half a car length in addition. We took it up to 80 and he ends up a car length ahead... not a bad run.....
Old 10-17-2001, 05:41 AM
PhatGuy

Re: Boss wants to race?

Are you auto or 5spd? A modded 5spd 5th gen should be able to take a normal Boxster in a straight line. If you are auto be sure to race him from a dead stop and a roll and see the outcomes. Be sure to bring it up to at least 90 but 120 would be cool.

As for the TL-S he had a major advantage not only being a car and a half ahead but also punching it before you. Both make a massive difference. If he was only a car length ahead after 80 you did awesome!

Originally posted by UMD_MaxSE
Not really my boss, but he is the director if the design center I work at.... so he is the senior most person in the office. Anyhow, he has a 2k Boxster (not S), stock. Specs say he has 217 hp and 192 lb-ft torque. He sees me getting mods and stuff delivered at work and he knows I am into cars. He says he wants a race... I am pretty sure he will beat me, but how bad? He is a totally cool guy so winning or losing doesn't mean anything... I guess I'll run him one of these days... hehehe...

By the way, I had a small run in with a TL-S this morning The TL-S was in front of me as we were turning onto an empty road. He turns and punches it when he is one car length ahead of me. I punch it shortly thereafter. He gains maybe half a car length in addition. We took it up to 80 and he ends up a car length ahead... not a bad run.....

Old 10-17-2001, 05:47 AM
Got Bent?

Re: Re: Boss wants to race?

Originally posted by PhatGuy
Are you auto or 5spd? A modded 5spd 5th gen should be able to take a normal Boxster in a straight line. If you are auto be sure to race him from a dead stop and a roll and see the outcomes. Be sure to bring it up to at least 90 but 120 would be cool.

As for the TL-S he had a major advantage not only being a car and a half ahead but also punching it before you. Both make a massive difference. If he was only a car length ahead after 80 you did awesome!

I have an auto with a few mods...

it should be interesting if we ever get the chance to run.... I'll let you know how it goes...
Old 10-17-2001, 06:23 AM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

If the Boxster is a manual tranny then you're toast unless he can't drive worth a shia...

If the Boxster is an auto (what GUY would drive an auto boxster? ) then you might have a chance, depending on which year/engine is in that puppy (2.5L or 2.7L) Auto non-S Boxsters run mid-15's stock and do low-mid-7s 0-60's. With your mods you should be able to do at least that if not better...
Old 10-17-2001, 06:25 AM
Got Bent?

he has a stick.... I know he would probably toast me.... but hey, it's all just for fun
Old 10-17-2001, 06:30 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

he has a stick.... I know he would probably toast me.... but hey, it's all just for fun
it's all about having fun...how much does the Boxter cost? if you can stay close to him just imagine what how much he thinks about why he spent so much on the boxter
Old 10-17-2001, 06:35 AM
Got Bent?

Originally posted by Chris91SE

it's all about having fun...how much does the Boxter cost? if you can stay close to him just imagine what how much he thinks about why he spent so much on the boxter
yeah, but this guy has some crazy money.... to him I bet the boxster is like nothing
Old 10-17-2001, 06:52 AM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

yeah, but this guy has some crazy money.... to him I bet the boxster is like nothing
yeah, that car is probably just his daily driver

Old 10-17-2001, 06:54 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Go buy a blue bottle and install it before the race (fill it up too).

Good run!
Old 10-17-2001, 07:17 AM

I have a feeling you may lose, but nothing ventured, nothing gained. You never know what will happen. You have nothing to lose. If you lose, you were supposed to. If you beat him, he'll go home with his tail between his legs... a Boxster beaten by a lowly Maxima.

I got in a little race this morning. I was driving on Wooton Parkway, which goes over I-270. I'm in the left lane at a stoplight drinking coffee. I see a TL-lite pull in behind me. The was another car in the right lane, which I quickly passed. I move into the right lane and the TL gets on it. The speed limit is rather low in that area, so I kept an eye on my Passport. I gunned it and he stayed on it. I pulled on him pretty hard. He finally let off and I kept on it. TL 0 - Maxima 1.