5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Stereo installation diagram or pics no where to be found....WHY???

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2001, 04:25 PM
Mauja He Mauja

Stereo installation diagram or pics no where to be found....WHY???

I have looked through the whole FORUm, spending hours reading all the threads and replies. There is information to change almost everything. The only thing i haven't seen is how to change a BOSE fact 7 speaker on 2K se with an aftermarket stereo. I mean how is that possible. No one took pics of when they changes their stereo.....Come on ppl!!!! Someone somewhere must have pics,,,idead,,,,diagrams of how to wire an amp with exxisting fact wires.....

This is how i am feeling right now:

HELP
Behind this wall i am stuck
Old 10-28-2001, 09:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Okay why not be more specific with what you want to do, tell me, email me, PM me, anything.

Just explain what you are TRYING to or WANTING to do.

Dixit
Old 10-28-2001, 09:38 PM
Mauja He Mauja

Originally posted by BigDogJonx
Okay why not be more specific with what you want to do, tell me, email me, PM me, anything.

Just explain what you are TRYING to or WANTING to do.

Dixit
Okay this is what i have narrowed it down to. I want to replace the bose with kenwood HU, alping eq, replace all four of the door speakers, put in a 5 channel amp, and a 12" free air sub.

I need the following:

1 Should i run new wires from amp to the 4 speakers?
2 If i am using the existing bose wiring,,which wires do i tap in?
3 What type of speakers should i get pioneer,,,alping,,infinity etc??
4 If i do run new wire from the amp,,,what happens to the tweets in the front pillar?? Will they work? Or will i have to rewire them as well?

Hmm i think thats it for now..Thanks for all your help
Old 10-29-2001, 03:13 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by dba1999us

Okay this is what i have narrowed it down to. I want to replace the bose with kenwood HU, alping eq, replace all four of the door speakers, put in a 5 channel amp, and a 12" free air sub.

I need the following:

1 Should i run new wires from amp to the 4 speakers?
2 If i am using the existing bose wiring,,which wires do i tap in?
3 What type of speakers should i get pioneer,,,alping,,infinity etc??
4 If i do run new wire from the amp,,,what happens to the tweets in the front pillar?? Will they work? Or will i have to rewire them as well?

Hmm i think thats it for now..Thanks for all your help
You would have much better off asking this question in the "Audio and Electronics" forum. Where are you going to stick a free air sub anyway? Our trunks are not sealed anywhere near close to the reqs of the free air sub - go for a box unless you want to build a wall behind the rear seats. Also Audio forum has a FAQ thread on top and has a link to wirinig diagrams. Alot of people replaced their bose systems with aftermarket AV products ( talk about wise choice of options at the dealer... "hey let's get a $1000 sound option only to rip it out 6 month later..." j/k )

1. You could probably use existing wiring and just patch in where HU used to be. But you would probably better off running a new wire - it's not that hard on our car... trim panels just snap off/on.

2. From FAQ: http://www.ee.utulsa.edu/~mblehm/faq/Wiring%20Info.zip

3. Preference based... just go and listen somwhere... people like diff things. I like Pioneers

4. Alot of people opt to run component speakers in the front since pillar mounted tweeter raises soundstage from your foot level to not quite your ears but at least close...