5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Project: Adding shock sensor to factory alarm.

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2001, 06:05 PM
RussMaxManiac

Project: Adding shock sensor to factory alarm.

I will be installing a Dual Stage Shock Sensor on our Factory Alarm systems. Our Factory Alarms are fair for what they do. Personally most of us would keep them if they had shock sensors and other type of connections. I will be only using the full trigger on this sensor since our alarm does not have pre-warns.

This project should be completed by this weekend with pictures and a detailed write up. I will be picking up the supplies tomarrow after work hopefully to complete this job. The factory alarm does not work off a negative system, so I will be using multiple components to make this work and will have it all listed when the job is completed after I make sure it works properly.

Total project $$$$ About $20 bucks total.

Looks like I will be the first person to attempt this. No one else has every posted in 6 yrs of ever doing this. I am willing to be the beta boy!

Old 10-30-2001, 06:30 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Good luck!
Old 10-30-2001, 08:59 PM
You're Faster, I'm Better

Re: Project: Adding shock sensor to factory alarm.

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac
I will be installing a Dual Stage Shock Sensor on our Factory Alarm systems. Our Factory Alarms are fair for what they do. Personally most of us would keep them if they had shock sensors and other type of connections. I will be only using the full trigger on this sensor since our alarm does not have pre-warns.

This project should be completed by this weekend with pictures and a detailed write up. I will be picking up the supplies tomarrow after work hopefully to complete this job. The factory alarm does not work off a negative system, so I will be using multiple components to make this work and will have it all listed when the job is completed after I make sure it works properly.

Total project $$$$ About $20 bucks total.

Looks like I will be the first person to attempt this. No one else has every posted in 6 yrs of ever doing this. I am willing to be the beta boy!
YES!! I have been wanting to do this for so long. Let me know how it goes so that I can go get mine done up too. What shock sensor are you going to use? Is there the possibility of using more than one shock sensor, one up front and one in the back??
Old 10-31-2001, 05:51 AM

is that $20 amount including the sensor too?? i'm thinking it's not, but i'll probably do this after you get it to work.
Old 10-31-2001, 07:10 AM
The silent but deadly Moderator

or....

you could do this....
http://www.codl.com/its.html
Old 10-31-2001, 03:51 PM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Re: Project: Adding shock sensor to factory alarm.

Originally posted by Rob'sAE

YES!! I have been wanting to do this for so long. Let me know how it goes so that I can go get mine done up too. What shock sensor are you going to use? Is there the possibility of using more than one shock sensor, one up front and one in the back??
Yes you can use 2, I am starting with one right now!

Old 10-31-2001, 03:52 PM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by victor
is that $20 amount including the sensor too?? i'm thinking it's not, but i'll probably do this after you get it to work.
The sensor costs $10 bucks from autotoys.com.

Old 10-31-2001, 04:01 PM

Good luck!!! I can't wait for the write up.