5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

My 01 maxima is totaled happened today :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 09:47 AM

sorry to hear it...
Old 06-26-2008, 09:51 AM

this just happened to me a month ago.. 00 GLE with 90K .. collision insurance gave me a little over 9 g's in a check.. (car was paid off) and i bought a 02se6mt with 20K on it.. stay in the family and look for a 5.5gen.. glad to hear your okay... and about the total out.. if u take collision.. your technically not allowed to touch anything on the car once they total it out from you.because they are buying it from you..for example.. your insurance agent is going to ask you for upgrades and reciepts and stuff.. so tires and wheels will be noted. . but if the places that tows it is cool.. theyu will let you rip stuff off it it while your cleaning out your stuff..
Old 06-26-2008, 10:40 AM
2002 maxima se

Originally Posted by Bradbmx1
I'll pay for the sun glass holder s&h if they're tan, and I'll buy the tail lights too if priced right.

Where do you live? If you're close enough I'll try and buy the wheels too if you can make me a deal.
ya sure. i am in anaheim. i will give you good deal on wheels.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:44 AM
2002 maxima se

Originally Posted by mist max2000
this just happened to me a month ago.. 00 GLE with 90K .. collision insurance gave me a little over 9 g's in a check.. (car was paid off) and i bought a 02se6mt with 20K on it.. stay in the family and look for a 5.5gen.. glad to hear your okay... and about the total out.. if u take collision.. your technically not allowed to touch anything on the car once they total it out from you.because they are buying it from you..for example.. your insurance agent is going to ask you for upgrades and reciepts and stuff.. so tires and wheels will be noted. . but if the places that tows it is cool.. theyu will let you rip stuff off it it while your cleaning out your stuff..
I only have liability no collision. I am getting the car home today and may not remove anything untill i hear from insurance. my car has 154k and is 2001 so i dont know how much i am gonna get and i hope that other idiot carry atleast a liability to pay for my car. if not then i am screwed. i am waiting for the police report and that will tell me everything so at this time i have no idea if that person had insurance. i'll be happy to atleast get $8k for my car.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:07 AM

Damn, sorry for your loss, at least you aren't seriously hurt. If you're parting out, would like to know how much for power steering assembly, mine is leaking bad =/. PM me with reply. Again, sorry for your loss.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by phatboislim
INTERESTED IN THE STEERING WHEEL VOLUME CONTROL
also did u have a full intake?
Old 06-26-2008, 11:55 AM
2002 maxima se

also did u have a full intake?
intake is not damaged and is good. i may not do shipping on heavy parts. come pick it up.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:57 AM
2002 maxima se

COILS, MAF, OPTIMA RED TOP ARE NOT DAMAGED SO LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE WANT THESE THEY ARE EASY TO REMOVE. COILS GOT 30K ON THEM MAF GOT 33K ON IT. BATTERY IS 2 YEARS OLD RED TOP OPTIMA.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:32 PM

GOOD GRIEF MAN, GLAD TO HEAR YOUR ALRIGHT...
Old 06-26-2008, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by OC guy
COILS, MAF, OPTIMA RED TOP ARE NOT DAMAGED SO LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE WANT THESE THEY ARE EASY TO REMOVE. COILS GOT 30K ON THEM MAF GOT 33K ON IT. BATTERY IS 2 YEARS OLD RED TOP OPTIMA.

i take it BOTH HEADLIGHTS ARE TRASHED?
Old 06-26-2008, 12:54 PM
AJ~

Dibs on coils.

I am in Anaheim too, and I can help you remove parts if you need the help.

If the police report names him as causing this accident, and assigns zero blame to you, you will then have options to remedy this tragedy.

Last night there was a NASTY accident at Harbor & North St., Porsche vs. SUV that ended up in someone's front yard, and I doubt the Porsche occupants walked away. That is like 2 miles from where you were hit. 2 in one day, so close to each other.

Be safe out there folks.

-AJ
Old 06-26-2008, 01:15 PM
2003 Nisan Maxima

how much for the red top? what cell capacity is it?
Old 06-26-2008, 01:37 PM

Sorry to hear about your loss. I had almost the same happen to me a month ago. I have a 2k max with 165k. Some dumb girl took a red light and hit me in the front passenger side. Smashed my front bumber, hood and tore off my fender ( it looked like a transformer was about to transform!). I have allstate full cover and she (had a tahoe), didnt have insurance. Towed it to a recommended body shop from my insurance, they had it for about two weeks. They paid me for my front lip and my projector headlights. Which was nice and I didnt have to show a receipt. Too bad I have to pay for my deductible. I didn't even think about it being totaled till the shop told me it was $4700, so it was repairable. It hadn't even crossed my mind, glad it wasent.

ps. Check the police report, it should tell you wether they had insurance or not. sorry again for the loss of ur 5th gen.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:38 PM

intake is not damaged and is good. i may not do shipping on heavy parts. come pick it up.
those parts are light...the air intake and steering wheel control..besides i dotn know your location
Old 06-26-2008, 01:57 PM

That is so messed up! Im sorry you lost the car man, but it kept you safe and thats whats important.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:05 PM

Hey be glad you walked away. Let me know if you need any help pulling parts.

How much are you looking for on that red top? Yea I'm a vulture.

Last edited by Froggmann; 06-26-2008 at 02:07 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:59 PM

how much for the maf shipped??? thanks
Old 06-26-2008, 03:00 PM
2002 maxima se

Originally Posted by AJ~
Dibs on coils.

I am in Anaheim too, and I can help you remove parts if you need the help.

If the police report names him as causing this accident, and assigns zero blame to you, you will then have options to remedy this tragedy.
-AJ

Well its his fault so i hope that i get the justice. I got the car in my garage today and removed the dvd player out of it. my apartment got too many thiefs so i cant leave anything valuable in the car because one window glass is broken and others cant roll up because of no electric connection. i can sell you coils, wheels, tires, or whatever you want. wheels and tires are not damaged at all. factory air box is also safe. i opened the hood and the damage is not as much as it seems to be but i will call it total because the passenger side is also smashed. i also have the side marker lights red and ambers i lost the clear ones during accident. i dont think my insurance will take the car because i am the owner. i am waiting for the police report then i will get a lawyer because my back, neck, ribs are sore and my nose is also bruised. i will have to file the case against that guy. i hope that he has liability.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:02 PM
2002 maxima se

Originally Posted by Teaner
how much for the red top? what cell capacity is it?
$35?
Old 06-26-2008, 03:04 PM
2002 maxima se

those parts are light...the air intake and steering wheel control..besides i dotn know your location
you talking about the cruise control or the audio control on the steering wheel?
Old 06-26-2008, 03:06 PM
2002 maxima se

Originally Posted by Jaz2001
That is so messed up! Im sorry you lost the car man, but it kept you safe and thats whats important.
yes now i know maxima is pretty safe car. i would definitely get another maxima perhapes 6th gen.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:07 PM
2002 maxima se

Originally Posted by Froggmann
Hey be glad you walked away. Let me know if you need any help pulling parts.

How much are you looking for on that red top? Yea I'm a vulture.
$35? i can open the hood so its not hard to remove basic parts but if you want the battery you can come and get it after few days.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:08 PM
2002 maxima se

Originally Posted by rev2red
how much for the maf shipped??? thanks
$45??
Old 06-26-2008, 03:27 PM

ill take it whats ur paypal???
Old 06-26-2008, 03:55 PM
2002 maxima se

gotta wait for few days untill i hear back from insurance.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:54 PM
2003 Nisan Maxima

i have first dibs on the red top...read post #52
Old 06-26-2008, 06:49 PM

holy crap man I'm glad you're alright (well relatively). I recently had a mishap with a deer and while the damage wasn't as extensive as yours I can relate to how you must feel.

I'm interested in your ecu if that wasn't damaged. Hit me up whenever you get a chance
Old 06-26-2008, 07:10 PM
2002 maxima se

Originally Posted by Psyfa
holy crap man I'm glad you're alright (well relatively). I recently had a mishap with a deer and while the damage wasn't as extensive as yours I can relate to how you must feel.

I'm interested in your ecu if that wasn't damaged. Hit me up whenever you get a chance
i would have to be a technician to remove that thing. is that thing easy to remove?
Old 06-26-2008, 08:04 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

how much for the dvd monitor shipped to phoenix?

I already have an alpine deck, will my dash kit for the monitor? if not i'll take yours.

Glad to see you're okay
Old 06-26-2008, 10:56 PM

How much for the catalytic converter and O2 sensors shipped to Atlanta? Dibs if the price is right.

I'll take the entire steering wheel with volume and cruise controls if PHATBOISLIM doesn't take the volume control. Give me a price shipped to Atlanta.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:19 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

How much for the coils shipped to 02563?
Old 06-27-2008, 07:34 AM

you talking about the cruise control or the audio control on the steering wheel?
the audio control
Old 06-27-2008, 01:35 PM

Man I can't make it to Ca, seeing how I'm in TN.

But how much will you take for the tail lights shipped to 37160
Old 06-27-2008, 05:36 PM
Da Roller Coaster!

Damn that sucks! How did you get thrown from the car? Or am I misreading that? If you were thrown from the car and are OK you are f-ing lucky!

Where did that happen? It looks like Buena Park somewhere. How much for the front pre-cat? I can even come down there to remove it myself. But honestly if it was his fault then you might not want to mess with anything on the car because their insurance will be checking the car out to determine if its totaled or not. It may not be totaled...they may want to fix it. If he didn't have insurance and you don't have uninsured on your insurance then you are screwed.....cheapest to repair your car.

Ryan
Old 06-27-2008, 05:39 PM

You guys are asking how much how much...blah blah blah, but if you read what he wrote, he's gotta take care of his insurance claim first, then go from there.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:29 PM
2002 maxima se

Originally Posted by foodmanry
Damn that sucks! How did you get thrown from the car? Or am I misreading that? If you were thrown from the car and are OK you are f-ing lucky!

Where did that happen? It looks like Buena Park somewhere. How much for the front pre-cat? I can even come down there to remove it myself. But honestly if it was his fault then you might not want to mess with anything on the car because their insurance will be checking the car out to determine if its totaled or not. It may not be totaled...they may want to fix it. If he didn't have insurance and you don't have uninsured on your insurance then you are screwed.....cheapest to repair your car.

Ryan

Car windows cant be rolled up so i have removed the dvd player from the car but i will put that back when i get a call from the other insurance adjuster. it happened in anaheim. Lets suppose if thier insurance adjuster says that the car is not totaled and can be repaird but why would i wanna keep the salvage car? I want those jerks to pay me the blue book value for my car even though if they believe that its repairable. I worked hard to pay off the car and i want the right value for it. I am getting a lawyer so i can also claim the back and neck pain that i am going thru. i am not gonna let them screw me. anyway if by any chance i get to keep the car i will let you remove the cat whenever you like. and by the way i was not ejected thru windshield lol or else i wouldnt be typing right now. What i meant to say was my car hit the SUV and it got thrown 20 to 30 feet away.

Last edited by OC guy; 06-27-2008 at 07:35 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:31 PM
2002 maxima se

parts will be available once i get to keep the car, it may take few weeks i will make a new thread for parts.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:12 PM

I just love how guys say in their replies that they're glad you're ok then in the next sentence ask how much for such and such part. Or the tried and true "let the car live on as you donate the parts to others".
Old 06-28-2008, 09:35 AM
Da Roller Coaster!

Car windows cant be rolled up so i have removed the dvd player from the car but i will put that back when i get a call from the other insurance adjuster. it happened in anaheim. Lets suppose if thier insurance adjuster says that the car is not totaled and can be repaird but why would i wanna keep the salvage car? I want those jerks to pay me the blue book value for my car even though if they believe that its repairable. I worked hard to pay off the car and i want the right value for it. I am getting a lawyer so i can also claim the back and neck pain that i am going thru. i am not gonna let them screw me. anyway if by any chance i get to keep the car i will let you remove the cat whenever you like. and by the way i was not ejected thru windshield lol or else i wouldnt be typing right now. What i meant to say was my car hit the SUV and it got thrown 20 to 30 feet away.
If they say it is repairable then it won't be a salvage title. Salvage title is only if they say the car costs more to repair than it is worth.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:36 AM
Da Roller Coaster!

Originally Posted by Maxgig
I just love how guys say in their replies that they're glad you're ok then in the next sentence ask how much for such and such part. Or the tried and true "let the car live on as you donate the parts to others".

Hey man...we all need parts.

Quick Reply: My 01 maxima is totaled happened today :(