5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Quick question in help of newbies...

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 01:41 PM

Quick question in help of newbies...

What's the point of having sticky's if none of the links from the sticky's work and this is also for the audio forum as well, You guy's complain about newbie's asking questions and i understand about the search thing but none of the sticky's work and when u do type something in the search there is like 1K threads to read from half of which don't give you the answer you want and the one's that do are like 6 pages long and i have to read all 6 pages to get a proper answer...

I'm just curious so please don't take this as offensive cause that's the norm on here from what i read in the posts...
Old 08-03-2008, 02:41 PM
Banned

IBTL
Old 08-03-2008, 02:59 PM

Here is a sticky for your question regarding stickies...maybe if you actually looked at the stickies you would know about this sticky.

http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...sults-etc.html
Old 08-03-2008, 04:03 PM
No more Maximas...

Originally Posted by sublime258
Here is a sticky for your question regarding stickies...maybe if you actually looked at the stickies you would know about this sticky.

http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...sults-etc.html
Fail.

Have you tried that lately? Say, ever since IB started using us as a testing board for other sites (seeing as how they applied their changes from here to my350z after a month or two)?

Doesn't work with the new SEO forum/thread URLs. You can get the TID manually out of the URL, sure...half the time though, it still doesn't work.

IB FTL.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:06 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by kcxd35
What's the point of having sticky's if none of the links from the sticky's work and this is also for the audio forum as well, You guy's complain about newbie's asking questions and i understand about the search thing but none of the sticky's work and when u do type something in the search there is like 1K threads to read from half of which don't give you the answer you want and the one's that do are like 6 pages long and i have to read all 6 pages to get a proper answer...

I'm just curious so please don't take this as offensive cause that's the norm on here from what i read in the posts...
1. saying "none" of the links work is a stretch. Some work. I know because I fixed them myself.

2. the links were all broken when the board changed servers/providers. There are thousands of links on this site and a small staff of moderators who have lmited time to fix all of them. To fix the links, WE have to search for the answers (using the same search box that you use) and then manually change the links. We fix them when we have time, but we all have real jobs and lives, and don't get paid for this....and trust me, it is NO fun fixing dead links....If you think it's tough finding an answer to your ONE question, think how hard it is for us to find new links for ALL of the sticky answers...

3. I can ALWAYS find what I'm looking for using the same search function that you use. The key is to use more specific terms, and to use the advanced search. Sure if you put the word "intake" or "engine" into the search box you'll get 1,000 threads. But if you're more specific, you will find what you're looking for.

4. Alot of people on here have spent alot of time WRITING the answers to questions. We've spent time doing this. It's not too much to ask for YOU to spend some time browsing threads to find your answer. GOD FORBID you have to scan through ALL SIX pages of a thread!!!

5. There is a noob question thead in this very forum! So if you can't find the answer by searching, you can ask it there. That's why we created it. That's why some of the most knowledgeable members here have hundreds of posts in that thread, answering questions.

6. There is a feedback/suggestions forum. In the future, if you have feedback or suggestions, that is the place to use.

To everyone else....updating the stickies is gonna be a long process. The moderator staff had no control over the reason it happened, and we are fixing them when we have time (which is not all that often)...

Last edited by irish44j; 08-03-2008 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:10 PM
No more Maximas...

Originally Posted by irish44j
2. the links were all broken when the board changed servers/providers. There are thousands of links on this site and a small staff of moderators who have lmited time to fix all of them. To fix the links, WE have to search for the answers (using the same search box that you use) and then manually change the links. We fix them when we have time, but we all have real jobs and lives, and don't get paid for this....and trust me, it is NO fun fixing dead links....If you think it's tough finding an answer to your ONE question, think how hard it is for us to find new links for ALL of the sticky answers...
You know, if you need help with that, I've got a lot of free time...the mod privs would just be a small extra for me .
Old 08-03-2008, 07:09 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by pmohr
You know, if you need help with that, I've got a lot of free time...the mod privs would just be a small extra for me .
I used to say the same thing to mods before I was one
Old 08-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Turbo'd Saab

I used to say the same thing to mods before I was one
and now you barely have any free time with the wee one eh?
Old 08-04-2008, 10:58 AM

Radiator has a crack in it on my 2000 should i go wit a new stock or Koyo oem replacement?
Old 08-04-2008, 11:10 AM

^^^wat???? does this really look like the right thread for that?
Old 08-04-2008, 11:22 AM

brand new oem from daveb is like $400+ (made in japan)
vs oe koyo (made in china) $150 shipped.

and ibtl......
Old 08-04-2008, 12:54 PM

IBTL .. and all the links i needed ended up working ..
Old 08-04-2008, 12:56 PM

btw torgus .. your sig pic is absolutely phenominal .. i wouldnt change it for anything.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:45 PM
Banned

thank you
it took me hours in MSpaint. i dun have photochop on this puter.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:47 PM

damn i thought this thread would have been closed by now
Old 08-04-2008, 04:08 PM

apparently its still open
Old 08-04-2008, 06:08 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by Czerkas
btw torgus .. your sig pic is absolutely phenominal .. i wouldnt change it for anything.
Originally Posted by Torgus
thank you
it took me hours in MSpaint. i dun have photochop on this puter.
You can thank Czerkas for drawing my attention to your sig, which is too wide and too tall per posted signature guidelines

"A good guide is 550 pixels wide at the widest. Also, please avoid extremely long signatures as well. 325 pixels will be considered the limit of signature height"

I'm not concerned with the width (I always allow 650 width), but between your very tall sig and all that stuff you have posted below it, you're gonna have to make it shorter in height. Right now it's 429 pixels tall + 9 or 10 rows of text below it...way too tall.

I have photoshop if you'd like me to crop it to size for you. Let me know.

----

Also, sublime 258 - the text below your sig is way too wide. I fixed it for you to be closer to the width of your pic.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:19 PM
No more Maximas...

You can thank Czerkas for drawing my attention to your sig, which is too wide and too tall per posted signature guidelines

"A good guide is 550 pixels wide at the widest. Also, please avoid extremely long signatures as well. 325 pixels will be considered the limit of signature height"

I'm not concerned with the width (I always allow 650 width), but between your very tall sig and all that stuff you have posted below it, you're gonna have to make it shorter in height. Right now it's 429 pixels tall + 9 or 10 rows of text below it...way too tall.

I have photoshop if you'd like me to crop it to size for you. Let me know.

----

Also, sublime 258 - the text below your sig is way too wide. I fixed it for you to be closer to the width of your pic.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:20 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

1. saying "none" of the links work is a stretch. Some work. I know because I fixed them myself.

3. I can ALWAYS find what I'm looking for using the same search function that you use. The key is to use more specific terms, and to use the advanced search. Sure if you put the word "intake" or "engine" into the search box you'll get 1,000 threads. But if you're more specific, you will find what you're looking for.

4. Alot of people on here have spent alot of time WRITING the answers to questions. We've spent time doing this. It's not too much to ask for YOU to spend some time browsing threads to find your answer. GOD FORBID you have to scan through ALL SIX pages of a thread!!!

5. There is a noob question thead in this very forum! So if you can't find the answer by searching, you can ask it there. That's why we created it. That's why some of the most knowledgeable members here have hundreds of posts in that thread, answering questions.

6. There is a feedback/suggestions forum. In the future, if you have feedback or suggestions, that is the place to use.

To everyone else....updating the stickies is gonna be a long process. The moderator staff had no control over the reason it happened, and we are fixing them when we have time (which is not all that often)...
Simply WOW, you pwned the noob without flaming him, while at the same time showing just how cool of a mod you are, you come across as very self-actualized, Maslow would agree if he read your post.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:27 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by KRRZ350
Simply WOW, you pwned the noob without flaming him, while at the same time showing just how cool of a mod you are, you come across as very self-actualized, Maslow would agree if he read your post.
I am cool, that is SOOOOOOOO true.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:31 PM
Turbo'd Saab

I am cool, that is SOOOOOOOO true.

Your sig is the hottest one on this forum
Old 08-04-2008, 06:50 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by DaveVQ
Your sig is the hottest one on this forum
you know it's true....

and so is my maxima yo!

so...should I lock this thread now or continue the fun-ness?
Old 08-05-2008, 08:54 AM

damn ..
Old 08-05-2008, 04:15 PM

Thank you all so much for putting up the new thread with updated sticky's... =O)
I am so proud now of all you guy's lol....