5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Thinking about getting a 2k2 SE 6spd... Any former G2 Acura Legend owners out there?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2001, 09:55 PM

Thinking about getting a 2k2 SE 6spd... Any former G2 Acura Legend owners out there?

Hi all, first post...

I took a drive over to my local Nissan dealer today and drove both an Altima 3.5SE 5-speed and a Maxima SE 6-speed. Much preferred the Maxima over the Altima for a number of reasons, but that's not my issue...

My current vehicle is a 1994 Acura Legend L (cloth) sedan with only 46,000 miles on it. I love the car, but I really want to get back into a stick shift and a car with a warranty... The Maxima also gives me everything else I was looking for (xenon lamps, cloth interior, more power, better handling) at a very reasonable price!

I guess I was just wondering if any of you came from an Acura Legend (or similar vehicle for that matter) before your Maxima and how you though the Maxima improved over it?

You've got an outstanding and very informative forum here! Thanks in advance for your thoughts...

1994 Acura Legend L (Cloth) Sedan
-Alpine CHM-S620 CD Changer
-K&N Drop-In Replacement Air Filter
-Philips BlueVision Low/High Beams
Old 11-10-2001, 10:35 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

A few peeps in my family have older acuras.

I guess the only disappointment you could possible have is service. My sister as gotten several free out of warranty repairs with acura. Even once sold them parts at cost and did the labor for free because they had missed out on a service bulletin during warranty. (those legend abs issues).

the max is a fantastic value, cant argue that. and no, the added Nissan gold warranty wont change the attitude with service. Good service varies so widely between dealers though. You should ask around about the dealer's service department. It will make or break your happy ownership experience. not that things cant be fixed, but it can be a real unnecessary ordeal.
Old 11-12-2001, 09:45 PM

Thanks for the info Tim...

I would guess that Nissan gets the lesser service because it isn't the "premium" brand that Infiniti is. Honda vs. Acura is the same way too... Wouldn't it be nice if Honda, Nissan, and Toyota didn't have to bother with Acura, Infiniti, and Lexus for us image challenged Americans who have issues driving a $50,000 Honda, Nissan, or Toyota

Anyways, the one thing I forgot to mention in my original post is that I have a buddy of seven years that owns a Nissan dealer (along with Acura, Audi, Honda, GMC, and Oldsmobile dealers)!!! Hopefully I shouldn't have problems with service

But yes, I'd have to agree that the Maxima is one of the best values on 4-wheels today

1994 Acura Legend L (Cloth) Sedan
-Alpine CHM-S620 CD Changer
-K&N Drop-In Replacement Air Filter
-Philips BlueVision Low/High Beams