5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

vfiber kombat nose

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 04:21 AM

vfiber kombat nose

anybody running the vfiber kombat nose..before i buy it i want to see if anyone has had it or is still running it..looking to see how the fitment and quality of the bumper is..i just dont want to buy it and have all the seemsaround the hood and lights to be all uneven if you get what i mean..let me know
Old 03-02-2009, 05:07 AM

and i want your input good or bad..i was thinking of dong the kombat nose with the stillen sides and rear lip..i just dont no how it would line up..i just hate the body kits rear bumpers so i want to try the lip all around with a new nose
Old 03-03-2009, 07:03 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I had the Combat kit from Extreme Dimensions (same thing as the one you are looking at) on my car and the fitmnent was not too bad. The gap between the hood and the bumper is a little bigger, but barely noticeable. We adjusted the rubber stoppers for the hood to let the hood sit a little lower to reduce the gap and that worked fine. The gap between the headlights and the bumper was the same as stock. You will loose your sidemarker lights as there is no cutout for them in the bumper. Also, you will notice that the flare on the bumper does not match the flare on the stock fender. I am not sure how to describe it but you can see it in the pictures for the kit how they are different. Also, with the Extreme Dimensions Kit we had to cut the metal bracket around the hood release latch because it sits too high for the bumper and prevents it from fitting on the front of the car. We cut the bracket and pushed the metal down on either side so that it sat a little lower than at the stock height. This is the metal bracket that the top of you stock bumper attaches to using pop screws. With my kit we also had to bend the hood release because the notch for it in the Combat bumper does not match that of the stock bumper. Sorry for the long post but these are the little things you will run into. I do not have the bumper on my car at the moment because I went back to the Stillen kit, but I have often thought of putting it back on with the Stillen sides and rear section.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:04 PM

ya i get what you say about the flares around the wheel wells i noticed that...and ya i def. want to know how they actually kit ..what you descripe doesnt seem to bad just alittle tweaking..and will that nose line up on the bottem with the stillen sides not all uneven
Old 03-04-2009, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by bs02maxima
ya i get what you say about the flares around the wheel wells i noticed that...and ya i def. want to know how they actually kit ..what you descripe doesnt seem to bad just alittle tweaking..and will that nose line up on the bottem with the stillen sides not all uneven
Yea, didn't mean to scare you. lol. The stuff that needed to be done was not bad at all. Like you said it is just a little tweaking. I have the car back with the stock bumpers and those tweaks did not interfere at all just in case you do decide to change in the future. The nose should line up. I have the Stillen lip with the side skirts off that kit (had to mold them under the doors to make them fit and now I want them off...) and the lip lines up just as the nose did so it should look great. Are you having a professional install it?
Old 03-04-2009, 06:52 AM

Feedback: I'm not a big body kit fan, but surprisingly, I didn't hate this one when I pulled up the website and looked at the kit. From the name I was expecting something that harkened back to the days of the Shogun kits. I wouldn't put it on my car, but it's definitely one of the better looking ones out there, IMHO.

Please have a professional install it though, and paint it to match right away. It kills me to see cars driving around with these outrageously expensive kits and wheels and the kits are primered out. It just ruins the effect.

All of that said, it's your car. If you like it, go for it. If there are any performance shops in your area, you might want to talk to them about what brands of kits they've had good luck with in the past.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:51 PM

ya idk i think i can install it paint no way..having it prof. done..cause i want it to match exactly!!..ya i hate that to you see say a red eclipes with a kit on it but the fronts not even primer just a mint green color and the rear bumper is the yellowish color such a waste!!!!..ya thats the only real noise i like for the 5th gens everything else seems to bulky and over done......im wondering im lowered on eibachs and ridding on 19 mille miglia ev-s ..i hope it wont be too too low
Old 03-05-2009, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by bs02maxima
ya idk i think i can install it paint no way..having it prof. done..cause i want it to match exactly!!..ya i hate that to you see say a red eclipes with a kit on it but the fronts not even primer just a mint green color and the rear bumper is the yellowish color such a waste!!!!..ya thats the only real noise i like for the 5th gens everything else seems to bulky and over done......im wondering im lowered on eibachs and ridding on 19 mille miglia ev-s ..i hope it wont be too too low
It will not be too low. Mine was low but that we because I was on 17's and absolutely slammed on coilovers. lol. You are only going with a 1.5" drop (I believe that is the drop with eibach's) and are on 19's so you will be fine.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:06 PM

ya its like 1.5-1.3 in the front or somthing along those lines..ok i just didnt want it to be scraping i had an s10 xtreme with a 4-6 drop and 20s on it and the fatory front air dam would always hit..i literally couldnt roll a beer can under it lol..just checking
Old 03-06-2009, 02:31 PM

Just get a lip it looks better and cheaper from stillen
Old 03-06-2009, 02:38 PM

ya im tosted between the 2