5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Need Help Asap! Window Won't Go Up And It's Raining!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2001, 06:05 PM

Need Help Asap! Window Won't Go Up And It's Raining! FIXED!

I rented a 01' or 02' Maxima with Enterprise for a trip I'm taking tommorrow. I was playing with the alarm remote and I rolled down the front windows with it. I then got in the car and started it, then pulled the two switches in the drivers door to roll the window up. It was raining lightly at the time and the drivers window came up just fine. I thought the passenger side window came up with it but I guess I was wrong. I held both switches on the drivers door whenever I rolled up the drivers window. I went outside to get my girlfriends purse out of the car when I noticed the passenger window was down. I freaked out and grabbed a bunch of towels and dried everything off. The car isn't soaked (no puddles or anything) just the door and the seat are wet (the seat isn't that bad at all). But I can't get the passenger window to come up at all. When I hold the unlock button down on the remote (which rolled the window down in the first place), I hear 2 clicks, one from the drivers door, and one from the passengers door, and the drivers window rolls down. How do I get this window back up? Is there a way to get it to roll up with the remote? Is there a fuse that could have been blown?

The car only has 9k miles on it... So I'm sure the factory warranty will cover it, but I'm still freakin out over here... Please respond with anything ASAP... If you have AIM, I'm maximum9000 so please hit me up on that... E-Mail, reply, hit me on AIM, something... I'm desparate... Thanks...
Old 11-26-2001, 06:10 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

check your fuses
or
hold switch in the up position and try and force window up if window is partially up
or put a towel in the window to prevent more water coming in the car until you call the dealer tomorrow.
Old 11-26-2001, 06:14 PM
Administrator

http://web2.airmail.net/scutchen/max...ce.htm#windows
Old 11-26-2001, 06:19 PM

Windows

I know this is stupid, but make sure that the "Window Lock" button isn't pushed down that locks out the operation of the windows.

Since the window rolled down in the first place, the electricals must be fine.
Old 11-26-2001, 06:20 PM

What fuse should I check? I pulled the fuse cover and I can't find a fuse for the power windows. Would there even be a separate fuse for the passenger window? It seems kinda stupid to me to have 4 separate fuses for each window. The power locks on all doors and the speaker in the passenger door still work fine. I don't think water caused this. Any other suggestions?
Old 11-26-2001, 06:24 PM

Try using the window control on the pass door. It could be the switch on the drivers door. CHECK THE WINDOW LOCK.

Vandi
Old 11-26-2001, 06:34 PM

I feel like a moron

The window lock is what was on. The alarm will roll the windows down with the lock on, but nothing will roll them up unless I unlock the windows. I didn't even turn the window lock on, it must have been on when I picked up the car. I always thought the window lock only controlled the back windows, and the drivers window worked just fine with the lock on. I'm such an idiot. Oh well... I'll be spending a lot more time in this forum. I bought a 96 GLE with 48k miles on it to replace my totaled Honduh Rice Rocket. I'll be picking it up later this week. Thanks so much for all your help guys. I never would have gotten this kind of quick responses from Honduh boards.... THANKS AGAIN!!!

John
Old 11-26-2001, 06:48 PM
Administrator

Re: I feel like a moron

Not true! when i was a member of Honda-Acura.net we kicked out answers like no body's business..
Originally posted by maximadriver
The window lock is what was on. The alarm will roll the windows down with the lock on, but nothing will roll them up unless I unlock the windows. I didn't even turn the window lock on, it must have been on when I picked up the car. I always thought the window lock only controlled the back windows, and the drivers window worked just fine with the lock on. I'm such an idiot. Oh well... I'll be spending a lot more time in this forum. I bought a 96 GLE with 48k miles on it to replace my totaled Honduh Rice Rocket. I'll be picking it up later this week. Thanks so much for all your help guys. I never would have gotten this kind of quick responses from Honduh boards.... THANKS AGAIN!!!

John
Old 11-26-2001, 06:56 PM

I'm a member of ha.net right now. But I owned a CRX, and no one visited the CRX forum. So if I would have had a problem with my CRX like this (I would never have to worry though, nothing power on it), it would have been at least 8 hours before someone who knew something about the problem replied with a possible solution. Here, I posted for help, and got 2 replies within 10 mins... and that's all I needed to fix the problem. This board is so cool, but it seems to be down a lot because of overusage (that nagging "We are too busy right now" screen).

John
Old 11-26-2001, 07:15 PM

Vandi and I will be anxiously awaiting our Maxima.org t-shirts in the mail.

"Server Too Busy"???
What "Server Too Busy" messages ???
Old 11-26-2001, 09:56 PM

Originally posted by 2k2se6spd
Vandi and I will be anxiously awaiting our Maxima.org t-shirts in the mail.

"Server Too Busy"???
What "Server Too Busy" messages ???
Heck I'll settle fo a couple of Maxima.org stickers.