5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

THEY STOLE MY MAXIMA!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Rochester
Small wonder they tried again since they have a key. Even after swapping the locks, you're stuck with knowing someone in your neighborhood is a blatant crook, who already stole your car and will try again.

Did you disable the car last night? Are you looking for a better place to live?
I parked it in a friends garage. Its going to be there till new locks are in.

Originally Posted by SuperStasiu
that is one of the stupidest things people do its like a check list for thieves never put stickers on your windshield advertising what you have
Ya I dont think they were going to steal my headers... Its not like I had my stereo brands on it.

Originally Posted by byrdman164
If changing your locks is something you wanna pursue, why not see if a local locksmith can re-key the door and ignition cylinders? I did that one time for a guy who had his ford explorer broken into...installed a new door cylinder and rekeyed the ignition cylinder with a different key code so if they somehow matched up the lock with a key they couldn't come and just access the car (it made the customer feel better). Rather than buying what's not broken see if you can just have a locksmith or the dealer re-key them with another code. Might be more cost effective!
I talked to a locksmith and he told me to take it to the nissan dealer. I already bought the locks off ebay. $140 with an extra key blank and remote and my friend is going to install. I have the locks for door, ignition and trunk. Got it all off ebay way cheaper than nissan dealer can do.

and about the "sawdering" the spellchecker couldnt tell me the right spelling... I had that in my car because I had to extend my o2 sensors for header install and was going to wire in my o2 sim... now I need to order another one though
Old 10-24-2009, 08:14 PM

In all honesty, Id be very careful about giving advice on this forum, especially about pulling fuses etc. You never know the car thief could be on this site you never know. So Id watch what you say seriously. Its happened alot on NYCMaximas.com

They ended up taking down the spotted thread because they though car thieves were roaming the forum looking for where cars are so they can make the move at night etc. So just out of warning be very careful what you post on here. even if its giving advice. Because car thieves know their way around things.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:47 PM

lol yeah thats NYC though... there are only like 3 org guys in my city...
Old 10-25-2009, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by nzelinsky
...and about the "sawdering" the spellchecker couldnt tell me the right spelling.
You must know I'm just ranking on you affectionately, right? I mean, that dig was in the same post where I went and found the fuse info.

We all want you to get out of your funk and find your normal again. The majority of the people here can so easily put themselves in your position and feel what you're feeling.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:48 PM
Demodded and Forgotten

Originally Posted by Rochester
Way to make an entrance. Must be lonely being you.

Originally Posted by maxon2s
ur pretty dumb first of all for leaving the key in the glove box but until u dnt get the key programmed ur ****ed they r gonna be thiefing away at ur car
Old 10-26-2009, 02:09 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

So once you pull the fuel filter fuse how do you connect it to a switch? do you have to solder 2 wires out of where the fuse was? There has to be a less perminent way to do it.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:24 PM

good luck man, i hope you get everything squared away.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:48 PM

WOW THIS IS THE WORST THING EVER.... I just checked my bank statement and they have spent $100's with one of my credit cards... I cant believe this ****!!!
Old 10-26-2009, 08:13 PM

when it rains, it pours..sorry to hear man

WOW THIS IS THE WORST THING EVER.... I just checked my bank statement and they have spent $100's with one of my credit cards... I cant believe this ****!!!
Old 10-26-2009, 08:24 PM

my god man! im sorry bro that is just insanity! i hope u can get the cards frozen and get ur cash back!
Old 10-26-2009, 08:28 PM

for the 100th time, sorry that happend. I'm not bashing you but if you were in Texas you would of gotten a huge fine for that. just sayin
Old 10-26-2009, 08:29 PM

Man. I thought I had a bad night when I walked out and someone had kicked the $**t out of my car....
Old 10-26-2009, 10:40 PM
Demodded and Forgotten

Cool!!

Man I hope you catch these fukcs!!
Old 10-27-2009, 08:10 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Oh yeah and they tried to take my car again last night!! I had it blocked in the driveway and locked. 5 minutes after getting home my girl was opening the front blinds and saw my lights flashed and the car unlocked. She ran outside and locked the car again. As a result I now have the car parked in a garage at a friends house and probably wont be driving it until I get the new locks put on.
Please tell me you told her to stay in the house next time!!!

They were probably within 30 feet of her when she ran outside.

You dont want them taking her instead of the car!
Old 10-27-2009, 08:39 AM
STFU n00b!

Originally Posted by kgallerie
That depends.. how cute is she? has she turned into the nagging ball & chain yet?

sorry to hear of the issues man.. cancel ALL your credit cards and change your bank accounts. couple hours of work now will potentially save your credit rating and bank account balance.
And don't leave stuff like wallets, credit cards, or even receipts in the car. ever.
but don't worry... we all have to learn it the hard way. hopefully you learn from all the mistakes and protect yourself so there is no next time.

1. ANY stickers on a car are bad. If you put one sticker on it, they know there's more than just one part in the car. If you have performance mods, you're probably going to have a stereo too. and it goes from there.
2. If they have the key, they're going to try to get back into it. if they can't get back into it, they're going to vandalize it when they can't.
3. don't ever leave financial stuff in the car. cash, credit cards, check books, etc.
4. don't EVER leave a key in or on the car. no matter how sneaky you think you can hide a key, they're going to look for it now, and they'll continue looking until they find one. Your best bet is to get AAA or something with a locksmith service for the rare case you lose your keys and need to get the car open. AAA will even tow the car somewhere if needed.

Again, sorry about the issues, but please use it for a learning experience so it doesn't happen again.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:02 AM

that sucks, I would definitely change my locks if that happened to me.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:18 AM

hey man, anything happen the last few nights, no repeats I hope.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Majestic Ken
for the 100th time, sorry that happend. I'm not bashing you but if you were in Texas you would of gotten a huge fine for that. just sayin
a fine for what?

Originally Posted by kgallerie
Please tell me you told her to stay in the house next time!!!

They were probably within 30 feet of her when she ran outside.

Ya no kidding! I gave her **** for going outside... not to mention that if she didnt run out there they may have made a move for the car and I couldnt smashed em with my baseball bat!

Originally Posted by 1997MAXZ
hey man, anything happen the last few nights, no repeats I hope.
No like I said before the car is in a garage now till the new locks are on... I am nervous about whats going to happen if I leave the car out there and they get pissed off the key doesnt work...

I think the only insurance I have against them vandalising the car is to catch them... I have a plan but can't say too much. I'll let you know after it all goes down.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:44 PM

OH yeah, and since they used my credit card at a 7-11 and a liquor store they are going to be on camera using the card. Hopefully the police can track them down before I get my hands on them (for thier sake).
Old 10-27-2009, 06:35 PM

thats just crazy they tried to jack it a 2nd time?! wtf man i really hope things work in ur favor and when u do get them changed they dont take further action towards it or u! crazy canadians! and noo im not bashing because im like 99% french canadian and have relatives up there.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:23 PM

a fine for what?

a fine for your mistake yea they ticket people for leaving the car running no matter where you are. iduno if the rest of tx is in effect but dallas is for sure. I am all for it too!! again im not trying to lecture you about it. its just whats happening down here. you're lucky that you got it back and didnt get ticketed like you would down here.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:26 PM

OH yeah, and since they used my credit card at a 7-11 and a liquor store they are going to be on camera using the card. Hopefully the police can track them down before I get my hands on them (for thier sake).
This was my exact thought when you mentioned your card had been used. I think its only a matter of time till they can identify who is using it. I would think that if they came back to your house for a second time, they must be local and probably have criminal records which can easily lead to an identification. To bad there is no way you can see the video for yourself and catch these ****s roaming your town. Anyway good luck with changing your locks bro, and I would deffinatley install a good alarm if u dont already have one... I hope they catch these crackheads
Old 10-27-2009, 09:13 PM

Sorry to hear about your situation.

Paintball "markers" work well for tagging your thieves. Could help the police to identify them......and they can leave bruises.

Of course you might want to check with your local law enforcement about that - don't want you to end up getting sued or charged with some sort of assault.

Just saying.....
Old 10-28-2009, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Majestic Ken
a fine for your mistake yea they ticket people for leaving the car running no matter where you are. iduno if the rest of tx is in effect but dallas is for sure. I am all for it too!! again im not trying to lecture you about it. its just whats happening down here. you're lucky that you got it back and didnt get ticketed like you would down here.
The car wasnt warming up when they took it, it was parked for the night and I was in bed. And thats not illegal here anyways, its canada man! You have to warm up your car for at least 5 minutes before you drive when its cold or you can crack your block. (happened to my friends eclipse a few years ago)

Originally Posted by qstick777
Sorry to hear about your situation.

Paintball "markers" work well for tagging your thieves. Could help the police to identify them......and they can leave bruises.

Of course you might want to check with your local law enforcement about that - don't want you to end up getting sued or charged with some sort of assault.

Just saying.....
good idea, too bad I dont have a paintball gun... If I catch them they wont get a chance to run away anyways though.... as far as assault charges go, Im not too concerned. I'll take an assault charge if it means I get my payback and they get delivered safely to the hospital in handcuffs thats fine with me.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:27 PM

The car wasnt warming up when they took it, it was parked for the night and I was in bed. And thats not illegal here anyways, its canada man! You have to warm up your car for at least 5 minutes before you drive when its cold or you can crack your block. (happened to my friends eclipse a few years ago)
-whoah! I guess since I live near where you do, I should be doing this in the winter... don't want a cracked block
Old 10-28-2009, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by jowo9
-whoah! I guess since I live near where you do, I should be doing this in the winter... don't want a cracked block
LOL Im surprised that you live in AB and you dont know that!!? Definitely let it warm up for at least a few minutes if its below 0 degrees. Even if you just start it and sit there for a minute or two you should be fine. Also, dont rev it too high till its fully warmed (5min) or you are asking for trouble.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:21 PM

LOL Im surprised that you live in AB and you dont know that!!? Definitely let it warm up for at least a few minutes if its below 0 degrees. Even if you just start it and sit there for a minute or two you should be fine. Also, dont rev it too high till its fully warmed (5min) or you are asking for trouble.
-yeah, i've heard that before i guess... and I definitely go easy on it when it isn't warmed up yet.... hey have you done any LED stuff yet?
Old 10-29-2009, 09:15 AM

You have to warm up your car for at least 5 minutes before you drive when its cold or you can crack your block. (happened to my friends eclipse a few years ago)
lol.

You'd think there would be hundreds of cars on the side of the road with cracked blocks, then
But there isn't.

How does it crack your block?
I think your friends Eclipse had water instead of antifreeze.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:23 PM

I have read that 30 seconds to a minute would be tops to get the car's lubrication running good. 5 minutes is overkill. Waste of energy. Unless you are trying to get the heat going. Running the car will get the heats up rather than idling.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:31 PM

Sorry to hear that bro. Happened to me last year. The rekeying process at the dealership cost me $800 with two new keys and a pager. IMO if you cant afford the rekeying put in some kills switches. Actually I've made a couple of them, myself. I dont like the switch itself so I put in a fuse holder or whatever they called. I fused the ground from the ecu and the fuel pump. So to the jackers, good luck finding them and getting the car to run... Make it hard on them! Thats what I say. Oh, and it only costed me about 6 dollars.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by jowo9
-yeah, i've heard that before i guess... and I definitely go easy on it when it isn't warmed up yet.... hey have you done any LED stuff yet?
LOL they stole all my LED's that were in a padded envelope on the back seat...

Originally Posted by mandyfig
I have read that 30 seconds to a minute would be tops to get the car's lubrication running good. 5 minutes is overkill. Waste of energy. Unless you are trying to get the heat going. Running the car will get the heats up rather than idling.
Ya I think a minute is good enough for the engine.... however with the weather we get here it doesnt hurt to get some heat flowing through the vents otherwise the windshield is all frosty.

Originally Posted by VQtHuRtY
Sorry to hear that bro. Happened to me last year. The rekeying process at the dealership cost me $800 with two new keys and a pager. IMO if you cant afford the rekeying put in some kills switches. Actually I've made a couple of them, myself. I dont like the switch itself so I put in a fuse holder or whatever they called. I fused the ground from the ecu and the fuel pump. So to the jackers, good luck finding them and getting the car to run... Make it hard on them! Thats what I say. Oh, and it only costed me about 6 dollars.
I got new locks and keys with remote off ebay for $140 shipped.