5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

E/S motor Mount bushings

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 06:44 AM

E/S motor Mount bushings

Last night I had my E/S motor mounts installed on my 5.5 auto max.
I'm not happy with the results. There's to much vibration in the cab for me. Not sure if
This is normal but I don't like it. I assume that this wouldn't happen. I bought a manual front mount bracket so the bushing would fit in my car. I'm lost why all this vibration is coming... any how does anyone have this problem. I'm not into this feeling.. I like a calm cab.spent a lot of money and time trying to make this work... I did the subrame bushing as well...

What's wrong or is this something normal...?
Old 11-14-2009, 07:08 AM

It's a much stiffer bushing.

Normal.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:11 AM
Toolie

give it a week or two, it will calm down a bit
Old 11-14-2009, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by maxs4life
Last night I had my E/S motor mounts installed on my 5.5 auto max.
I'm not happy with the results. There's to much vibration in the cab for me. Not sure if
This is normal but I don't like it. I assume that this wouldn't happen. I bought a manual front mount bracket so the bushing would fit in my car. I'm lost why all this vibration is coming... any how does anyone have this problem. I'm not into this feeling.. I like a calm cab.spent a lot of money and time trying to make this work... I did the subrame bushing as well...

What's wrong or is this something normal...?
There is nothing wrong. This is your new normal.

Whether you like it, or hate it, this is a subjective observation. It's not a problem; it just is what it is. Although it's curious why you assumed it wouldn't happen. That's like opposite expectations with a stiffer bushing.

Personally, I love everything about it: the visceral vibration, the heightened connection between driver and car, the planted launch and improved power transfer. It leaves me wanting more; (think NWP Torque Link).
Old 11-14-2009, 08:06 AM

I just installed mine about two weeks ago.

The vibration definitely seemed to lessen over time; my hood used to rattle from the vibration at idle, but it doesn't anymore.

Also, you get used to it.

So in the end, you barely notice it.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:16 AM

I have had mine in for some time now, and yes like you I thought something must be wrong ... your original bushings soften when you were at an ideal the ES bushing as noted above are very stiff so you don't get that softening at ideal and you are feeling the vibration this is perfectly normal. Once you put the car into gear and start driving you will really not feel any such vibration, only when you come to a full stop where you would have had that normal softening of the mount. In a very short period of time and driving you will hardly notice the vibration as it will become quit normal, but I do understand your concern as it may have been unexpected, trust me you will come to enjoy and wonder what was I complaining about ... as now you have all the power of that beastly engine sending all the torque straight to wheel and ground, and no more wheel hopping.

Last edited by Ghost_54; 11-18-2009 at 04:36 AM.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:05 PM

mine have been in for 3 or 4 years now, and i barely can tell they are in, like others said, with time, the vibration will go away
Old 11-14-2009, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by HotshotVQ35
mine have been in for 3 or 4 years now, and i barely can tell they are in, like others said, with time, the vibration will go away
Hotshot, if the vibration has gone away after 4 years, they maybe you need new ones?

Think about that for a moment. (uh oh)
Old 11-14-2009, 01:50 PM

lol..nope, when i had my car on the dyno a few weeks ago, i watched the motor when it hit the rev limit..the motor didnt move at all. its all good..

Originally Posted by Rochester
Hotshot, if the vibration has gone away after 4 years, they maybe you need new ones?

Think about that for a moment. (uh oh)
Old 11-14-2009, 04:07 PM

If I understand you correctly, you went from an electronic mounts to the manual ones. After everything was done, and including the manual bracket, the actual mounts and anything you might've purchased in order to make the switch, did you spend more than what you would have if you'd just replaced them with electroninc ones instead?
I'm just curious as to which route is more cost effective should I have to replace mine in the future.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Rochester
There is nothing wrong. This is your new normal.

Whether you like it, or hate it, this is a subjective observation. It's not a problem; it just is what it is. Although it's curious why you assumed it wouldn't happen. That's like opposite expectations with a stiffer bushing.

Personally, I love everything about it: the visceral vibration, the heightened connection between driver and car, the planted launch and improved power transfer. It leaves me wanting more; (think NWP Torque Link).
ur right about the power..
Old 11-16-2009, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Ghost_54
I have had mine in for some time now, and yes like you I thought something must be wrong ... your original bushings soften when you were at an ideal the ES bushing as noted above are very stiff so you don't get that softening at ideal and you are feeling the vibration this is perfectly normal. Once you put the car into gear and start driving you will really not feel any such vibration, only when you come to a full stop where you would have had that normal softening of the mount. In a very short period of time and driving you will hardly notice the vibration as it will become quit normal, but I do understand your concern as it may have been unexpected, trust me you will come to enjoy and wonder what was I complaining about ... as now you have all the power of that beastly engine sending all the torque straight to wheel and ground, and no more wheel hoping.
cool. u guys are right on the money... thanks alot
Old 11-16-2009, 08:14 AM

well both my orginal mounts were broken so i decided to go with E/S bushing inserts
# 1 I saved money
I found the manual bracket at a local junkyard for 40 bucks... they tried to charge me more. lol but the bushing was broken so i brought the price down. 40 for the bracket
90 from front and rear bushings
and 120 for labor
so i spend 250 for everything
S**t nissan charges 240 just for the front electronic mount here in NY
i came off...
after posting this i feel better about my issue.
I thought it was a problem but i guess its normal.
power im getting is amazing, car rides better too.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:31 AM

well both my orginal mounts were broken so i decided to go with E/S bushing inserts
# 1 I saved money
I found the manual bracket at a local junkyard for 40 bucks... they tried to charge me more. lol but the bushing was broken so i brought the price down. 40 for the bracket
90 from front and rear bushings
and 120 for labor
so i spend 250 for everything
S**t nissan charges 240 just for the front electronic mount here in NY
i came off...
Thanks for the update.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:39 AM

Good to hear everything is normal now...
Old 11-16-2009, 11:33 AM

That's great to hear. Sometimes all you need to do is look at things from a different angle.

The ES mount bushings are a fantastic mod. Pretty soon you're going to just forget what wheel hop felt like.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:43 PM

i had a question about these mounts and didn't want to open a new thread regarding the same parts.. i have an 02 I35 and i was looking to get these motor mounts.. will the e/s subframe bushing and torque mount position bushing be a direct replacement? will having an auto tranny cause these not to swap right in?

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...an+Maxima+2002

parts numbers: 7.1116 & 7.1114

i see that your maxima was also an 02 auto so my thought is that i have the same mounts and it should swap right in without any problems.. correct me if i'm wrong please
Old 11-17-2009, 09:36 PM
Demodded and Forgotten

^^^^^^^^^the OP got a M/T front mount bracket,which you will as well. Yes, they are direct replacements.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:56 AM

So to clarify, for us guys with an Automatic trans, we need to buy a bracket from a 2002 manual trans car?

Then we can use these inserts 7.1116 & 7.1114?

Last edited by 02_Maxima_6sd; 11-30-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:51 PM

What I never understood is why the E/S motor mount inserts weren't cut in half to make the install easier...The insert can't go anywhere being held togther by the bracket and the bore bushing!
Old 12-01-2009, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by CMax03
What I never understood is why the E/S motor mount inserts weren't cut in half to make the install easier...The insert can't go anywhere being held togther by the bracket and the bore bushing!
True. Or at least get rid of one of the lips on the outer edge. Oh well, I guess ES knows that they're doing haha
Old 12-01-2009, 06:52 AM
Play with my balls

You have to sacrifice a little comfort for performance.........that just the nature of the beast.