5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Anyone have experiences with these tires?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2001, 07:05 PM

Anyone have experiences with these tires?

Hey,

I've been looking for a new set of tires for the max (long story on why so don't ask) but I have been looking a several sets and was looking to get some feedback.

Anyone have experiences with FALKEN ZIEX ZE-502 tires, Nitto 555, or the FALKEN Azenis ST115. I like the fact that the falken's have rim protector that the nitto's apparently don't have. I know that bridgestone has the S-03's but please limit to those tires listed. I will be getting either 235/35 r19 or 245/35/ r19. Either size is by me. BTW I also like the the Azenis tires has something built into them to make the quiter ... anyone heard them or know if it's B.S.

Thanks
Old 12-07-2001, 08:46 PM

I have a few friends with falkens...they all handle like trash.

Get teh 245 it's what i have and it's great.
Old 12-07-2001, 09:24 PM

Originally posted by max'n out
I have a few friends with falkens...they all handle like trash.

Get teh 245 it's what i have and it's great.

I agree with the tire size. I think a 245 would be better, but was giving options ...

So I would assume you suggest the nittos out of that group?? I have never heard anything bad about the Falken tires, but have about the nitto why don't know ...
Old 12-07-2001, 09:30 PM

Originally posted by ispeed

I agree with the tire size. I think a 245 would be better, but was giving options ...

So I would assume you suggest the nittos out of that group?? I have never heard anything bad about the Falken tires, but have about the nitto why don't know ...
Out of that group yeh the nitto's. Ive had some friends with those in the past too, they seem to be pretty good.

I would suggest looking into toyo, perrielli, and yokahama.

Also you may want to look into getting a 245-40 it will fit and will make the wheel appear bigger and make the ride softer( if you want that) also protect the wheel a bit more on bad roads. But just a suggestion.
Old 12-08-2001, 09:02 AM

Out of that group yeh the nitto's. Ive had some friends with those in the past too, they seem to be pretty good.

I would suggest looking into toyo, perrielli, and yokahama.

Also you may want to look into getting a 245-40 it will fit and will make the wheel appear bigger and make the ride softer( if you want that) also protect the wheel a bit more on bad roads. But just a suggestion.

I have had the perrielli's before (twice actually) and I thought they were crap. The toyo's I like, but I still need something that might go in the snow. The F1 (I think that's the model number) is really aggressive, but I doubt it will do anything but spin in the snow. That's why I was looking at the falkens. Yoko's are nice, but the only one's I can find in those sizes are the AVS sport. Don't much care for thos either. Maybe I'm just too picky, huh?
Old 12-08-2001, 09:50 AM
TommyBoiSxty9

The Pirelli's are noisy as hell...
see tirerack.com -- their tire surveys from buyers are really helpful

Old 12-08-2001, 10:43 AM

dude, what happened?

I have had the perrielli's before (twice actually) and I thought they were crap. The toyo's I like, but I still need something that might go in the snow. The F1 (I think that's the model number) is really aggressive, but I doubt it will do anything but spin in the snow. That's why I was looking at the falkens. Yoko's are nice, but the only one's I can find in those sizes are the AVS sport. Don't much care for thos either. Maybe I'm just too picky, huh?
Old 12-08-2001, 10:48 AM

Oh yeah, Falkens are crappy tires! 245's will rub when you hit dips or go over uneven roads! I got another set of brand new 245/35 Continentals for 700.00.

Originally posted by rocketshipon19"
dude, what happened?

Old 12-08-2001, 12:11 PM

Pretty much any performance tire is gonna not have that great of traction in the snow, esspecially with 19"s.

Don't care for the avs sports??????? Thats what I have and must say there great. Takes about a week for them to break in but damn, everything gets better wet traction dry traction cornering, brakeing everything. Exept snow driving your right snow will just pack into those treads. Thats one of the reasons I took um off for winter.

245's only rub when you hit major dips and compress the suspension the whole way and it's not a big deal just basically a noise if you hate that trim the fender a bit.
Old 12-08-2001, 12:36 PM

dude, what happened?

dude ... the tires that you sold me were ****! Two of them had nails in them ... one of the tires had a plug in it that won't hold air (a plug that would have been put in by you--I posted about that tire a week ago) and the fourth tire was worn down to about half the tread of the other cars.

Mark ... please don't say **** and play stupid. I have ententially not posted what happened with our transaction ... and if you can't tell, I am ****'d! I will need new tires to replace that crap you sold me.

I am getting new tires all around because not one single tire that you gave me was good. And don't get me started about the wheels!
Old 12-08-2001, 12:42 PM

Pretty much any performance tire is gonna not have that great of traction in the snow, esspecially with 19"s.

Don't care for the avs sports??????? Thats what I have and must say there great. Takes about a week for them to break in but damn, everything gets better wet traction dry traction cornering, brakeing everything. Exept snow driving your right snow will just pack into those treads. Thats one of the reasons I took um off for winter.

245's only rub when you hit major dips and compress the suspension the whole way and it's not a big deal just basically a noise if you hate that trim the fender a bit.
I had a set of yoko's avs db's (once again I think that's them) 4 yrs ago that I didn't like. The sports look cool as hell, just like the toyo T1, BUT I just don't know if I like that look on the max. I mean I don't care that much for speed anymore. Its nice on the long trips, but I don't plan on taking turns at 80 anymore or the hard driving stuff. I like the bridgestone S-03's, but more than I want to spend. I can get the S-02's but the treadwear doesn't last long.

I am just too picky, but I think I might just go with the nitto's.
Old 12-08-2001, 01:41 PM

I didn't see ANY post that you posted! Now, had you told me and came to me as if I knew I would have reconciled the situation right then. THESE TIRES HAVE ROAD HAZZARD, SO I GET FREE REPLACEMENTS! The only thing that you have to do is pay for shipping of the tires. They are warrantied by discoun tire. How in the h-e-l-l was I supposed to know that they had nails in them? The were on my car for Christ's sake! I never lost air! Those tires had over 75% tread
on them.

dude ... the tires that you sold me were ****! Two of them had nails in them ... one of the tires had a plug in it that won't hold air (a plug that would have been put in by you--I posted about that tire a week ago) and the fourth tire was worn down to about half the tread of the other cars.

Mark ... please don't say **** and play stupid. I have ententially not posted what happened with our transaction ... and if you can't tell, I am ****'d! I will need new tires to replace that crap you sold me.

I am getting new tires all around because not one single tire that you gave me was good. And don't get me started about the wheels!
Old 12-08-2001, 02:31 PM

I had a set of yoko's avs db's (once again I think that's them) 4 yrs ago that I didn't like. The sports look cool as hell, just like the toyo T1, BUT I just don't know if I like that look on the max. I mean I don't care that much for speed anymore. Its nice on the long trips, but I don't plan on taking turns at 80 anymore or the hard driving stuff. I like the bridgestone S-03's, but more than I want to spend. I can get the S-02's but the treadwear doesn't last long.

I am just too picky, but I think I might just go with the nitto's.
The avs db's and avs sports(mine) are very diff. The avs sport is a great tire and looks very aggresive and mean and i just love um as you can see. ONly down fall is I don't expect them to last long.

Maybe you want to look into a non z speed rated tire but that may be hard to find for 19"s.
Old 12-08-2001, 02:49 PM

I didn't see ANY post that you posted! Now, had you told me and came to me as if I knew I would have reconciled the situation right then. THESE TIRES HAVE ROAD HAZZARD, SO I GET FREE REPLACEMENTS! The only thing that you have to do is pay for shipping of the tires. They are warrantied by discoun tire. How in the h-e-l-l was I supposed to know that they had nails in them? The were on my car for Christ's sake! I never lost air! Those tires had over 75% tread
on them.

if you get free replacements then why did one of them have a plug in it from when you had it???? If you were truthful about the situation and still not trying to cover your a$$ right now then none of this would have happened.

Now since you want to open a can of worms ... maybe you got the nails in them while driving on them for the month after I paid you for them. H-e-l-l who knows maybe you got them in there the day I had to drive down to memphis to pick them up??? Oh, and for anyone else who is wondering ... he told me that Fedex didn't ship them b/c a shipping lable had fallen off ... huh, funny when I didn't believe him and just drove down there to pick them up, that hey the wheels were still on his car! Well Mark ... we are not friends ... we are never doing business again ... you are a liar and I hope that everyone who is thinking about buying **** off you reads this damn post.

Keep on replying too ... it just makes you look like more of an a$$ and makes my job easier! You have no excuse for what happened, and I was just happy to get something out of the whole transaction. I thought I had lost the money and the wheels!

Oh, and not to mention that the wheels were in "perfect" condition. Bull ****! 2 of them had curb rash. The 5th wheel that you talked about ... you said it only had minor curb rash and that you had it sent off to be rechromed. My god man ... the f@cking rim was cracked in two places!!!!!

Please don't bother replying or saying anything else more about the situation! I don't want to start **** with you or anyone else for that matter. I didn't post about the entire situation b/c I don't want to flame anyone ... not my style.
Old 12-08-2001, 02:55 PM

The avs db's and avs sports(mine) are very diff. The avs sport is a great tire and looks very aggresive and mean and i just love um as you can see. ONly down fall is I don't expect them to last long.

Maybe you want to look into a non z speed rated tire but that may be hard to find for 19"s.

yeah i know they are very diff, but just left a bad taste in my mouth for future yoko's! And finding a non z rated 19" ... that's almost funny. But I can say that if I could find an H rated ... I would choose that. I love the look of the toyo best ... it is real aggressive and just looks sick, but I just don't know if I want something that aggressive on the max. Thanks for the input though!
Old 12-08-2001, 04:00 PM

Look dude, I take of all the business that I leave open. You on the otherhand neever came back to the source and try to reconcile the problem! You flamed me a few minutes ago and nevr emailed me or called me! As far as those labels go, they were not on two of the wheels and the master label had 4 pieces to be shipped! Now if you workl with me I take care of this!!!!! If not, flame on! I got the tire plugged b/c I was going on a trip and I need it done then I had intentions on getting a new tire. Spend your money if you want, otherwise I can replace the ones that were damaged. I think that I am being quite helpful for someone who just got flamed and called names
Old 12-08-2001, 04:03 PM

Look dude, I take of all the business that I leave open. You on the otherhand neever came back to the source and try to reconcile the problem! You flamed me a few minutes ago and nevr emailed me or called me! As far as those labels go, they were not on two of the wheels and the master label had 4 pieces to be shipped! Now if you workl with me I take care of this!!!!! If not, flame on! I got the tire plugged b/c I was going on a trip and I need it done then I had intentions on getting a new tire. Spend your money if you want, otherwise I can replace the ones that were damaged. I think that I am being quite helpful for someone who just got flamed and called names

drop it ... don't want deal with this anything more
Old 12-08-2001, 04:35 PM

Now, what is the deal with the wheels! The wheels were fine just as I thought the tires were one had a slight unnoticible rash and the others had none! I got over 4200.00 invested in those wheels and you ragging me ragged! WHAT IS THE DEAL!

drop it ... don't want deal with this anything more
Old 12-08-2001, 04:48 PM

Now, what is the deal with the wheels! The wheels were fine just as I thought the tires were one had a slight unnoticible rash and the others had none! I got over 4200.00 invested in those wheels and you ragging me ragged! WHAT IS THE DEAL!

Here is the PM you sent me about these wheels. The one with the scratch was under the intention of the 5th wheel. We have already discussed the condition of the 5th wheel. Now as for the others ... yeah 2 of them are great, but one has curb rash on the rim edge as well as one of spokes. The other has a scratch on wheel near the lug holes. It is about 3/4" long.

Now as I have stated before ... drop it! I don't want to work with you on this as I honestly don't trust you ... if you read any of my post and then your reply on the wheels at fedex, you are lying. If you honestly shipped them, did you just go to fedex and pick them up, take them out of the box and drive on them for that night and day before I picked them up. If that's the case, that inconsiterate don't you think?

"rocketshipon19" wrote on 10-13-2001 07:10 PM:
I ordered the wheels this afternoon. These wheels are in perfect condition. One has a 1 1/2 scuff on it that you don't see and probably won't see if I didn't tell you. The others are perfect no scratches, dents or dings! The tires have another 20-30k on them easily. They really don't show any wear."

Please don't bother with anything else, b/c like I said before I don't want to deal with this. This is supposed to be a post about new tires.
Old 12-14-2001, 04:11 PM

damn...that's cold

its a good thing what you doing...ispeed