5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Is the 2002 rear end that UGLY??

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2001, 11:42 AM

Is the 2002 rear end that UGLY??

I tend to like it more everyday.

While I was driving around yesterday I noticed one thing. No one wants to stay behind me. Is the butt that UGLY? What would happen is I will see headlights coming up to me and 80% of the time the person will switch to the lane to the left or right as they get closer. It's like parting of the Red Sea!!
Old 12-08-2001, 11:54 AM

Re: Is the 2002 rear end that UGLY??

Originally posted by bigbadboss101

While I was driving around yesterday I noticed one thing. No one wants to stay behind me. Is the butt that UGLY? What would happen is I will see headlights coming up to me and 80% of the time the person will switch to the lane to the left or right as they get closer. It's like parting of the Red Sea!!
maybe you're going too slow?
Old 12-08-2001, 01:47 PM

Re: Re: Is the 2002 rear end that UGLY??

Originally posted by Newman96SE

maybe you're going too slow?
mAYBE THEY LIKE THA bacK SO MUCH THeY WANTED TO SEE THE REST OF THE caR!!!
Old 12-08-2001, 01:59 PM
MaximaRversion2

Re: Re: Re: Is the 2002 rear end that UGLY??

Originally posted by jhans114

mAYBE THEY LIKE THA bacK SO MUCH THeY WANTED TO SEE THE REST OF THE caR!!!
I always pull around 2k+ maximas for a better look, i want one bad, but i love my 4th gen , and i ahve no money for a 5th.

Old 12-08-2001, 05:12 PM

People don't tend to care that much about how the back of your car looks so as to avoid it. You're probably driving too slow..
Old 12-08-2001, 05:36 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yes, it is that ugly.

No, you're not going to care, cause you'll be able to beat most of the cars you see.
Old 12-08-2001, 06:32 PM
MaximaRversion2

Originally posted by Weasel
Yes, it is that ugly.

No, you're not going to care, cause you'll be able to beat most of the cars you see.
i like it , not as much as my 4th gen , and not as much as when it has a nice ninja kit attatched to it. but still. its not as bad as a hyundai tiboran (can anyone spell that cr*p?)

Old 12-08-2001, 06:59 PM

Originally posted by MaximaRversion2

i like it , not as much as my 4th gen , and not as much as when it has a nice ninja kit attatched to it. but still. its not as bad as a hyundai tiboran (can anyone spell that cr*p?)
I like the new Tiburon, design looks better than any stock Maxima IMO.
Old 12-08-2001, 08:04 PM

Originally posted by Ludacris

I like the new Tiburon, design looks better than any stock Maxima IMO.
I like it much better than the 5th gen and about the same as a 4th gen SE... nothing beats that black 3rd gen SE with the polished wheels though. Best looking stock Maxima ever made. God, I'm a traitor.
Old 12-09-2001, 12:52 AM

I personally like the back end of the 2k2's. Especially with the clear European style taillights. (is taillights one word or two? two 'l' or 1?)
Old 12-09-2001, 01:20 AM

Originally posted by D Love
I personally like the back end of the 2k2's. Especially with the clear European style taillights. (is taillights one word or two? two 'l' or 1?)
I dunno, I just use tailight or tails
Old 12-10-2001, 06:44 AM
jjs

Either way it is spelled, they still look like the car...

is driven by a 16 year old ricer who loves all that Altezza crap and would rather be in a hormone challenged Civic anyway.

Regardless of the quality and performance of the cars in question (Max, IS300, etc.)...beauty may be in the eye of the beholder but those who actually think this style is nice show 'BEHELD' underwater 'til the brain clears.

Paraphrasing the old and equally annoying diet commercials...

'STOP THE INSANITY!!!'
Old 12-10-2001, 07:42 AM

Re: Either way it is spelled, they still look like the car...

You are indeed correct-Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...If you scroll up, you'll see some guy who thinks that a Hundai Tiberon looks way better than a stock Max....Yeah. Sure. Besides the design elements, who would want to be caught dead in one? Hmm...."What kind of car do you drive?...Oh...a...Tiberon...those are nice cars...*AHEM*..."

I'll take the Altezza crap any day.

Originally posted by jjs
is driven by a 16 year old ricer who loves all that Altezza crap and would rather be in a hormone challenged Civic anyway.

Regardless of the quality and performance of the cars in question (Max, IS300, etc.)...beauty may be in the eye of the beholder but those who actually think this style is nice show 'BEHELD' underwater 'til the brain clears.

'STOP THE INSANITY!!!'
Old 12-10-2001, 08:20 AM

Re: Re: Either way it is spelled, they still look like the car...

Originally posted by Trev_Daddy
You are indeed correct-Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...If you scroll up, you'll see some guy who thinks that a Hundai Tiberon looks way better than a stock Max....Yeah. Sure. Besides the design elements, who would want to be caught dead in one? Hmm...."What kind of car do you drive?...Oh...a...Tiberon...those are nice cars...*AHEM*..."

Read what you wrote... "looks".
Old 12-10-2001, 01:03 PM

Originally posted by jjs
but when a car comes looking like that stock i dont look down upon it like i do when i see all those hondas and integras with the euro lights. i would probably not like the lights if they were aftermarket but since they come like that i think i kinda like them.
Old 12-10-2001, 01:48 PM

Originally posted by jjs

'STOP THE INSANITY!!!'
kinda agree w/ you there..never liked them and i don't know if i ever will. i feel like the clears are just a 'fad' and don't see it lasting too long. and why are they called euro's, when you only see them on japanese cars? it's like american cheese called 'american'. shouldn't it be called just 'cheese' in america? and 'american' cheese everywhere else?

kafene.
Old 12-10-2001, 02:37 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by kafene

kinda agree w/ you there..never liked them and i don't know if i ever will. i feel like the clears are just a 'fad' and don't see it lasting too long. and why are they called euro's, when you only see them on japanese cars? it's like american cheese called 'american'. shouldn't it be called just 'cheese' in america? and 'american' cheese everywhere else?

kafene.
Nice,

But did you ever try to get chineese food in china?
Hint: It's not the same!

About the clears, if it's just a fad, the 02 Altimas are gonna look old faster than the Maximas (all chrome instead of only the ring's).
Old 12-10-2001, 03:41 PM
Maxima06071

Re: Re: Re: Either way it is spelled, they still look like the car...

Originally posted by Amazing2

Nice,

But did you ever try to get chineese food in china?
Hint: It's not the same!

About the clears, if it's just a fad, the 02 Altimas are gonna look old faster than the Maximas (all chrome instead of only the ring's).
But I like the Buck Rogers tails on the Alitma

Old 12-10-2001, 03:48 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Either way it is spelled, they still look like the car...

Originally posted by Maxima06071

But I like the Buck Rogers tails on the Alitma
Whose Buck Rogers?
What is an Alitma?

Old 12-10-2001, 04:03 PM

2K2 tails ROCK!
Old 12-10-2001, 04:07 PM
MaximaRversion2

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Either way it is spelled, they still look like the car...

Originally posted by Amazing2

Whose Buck Rogers?
What is an Alitma?

Yes , i am also perplexed with this Buck Rogers fellow.

Old 12-10-2001, 05:06 PM

Originally posted by Trev_Daddy

Yeah...beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I think that looks nice, and the back of our cars need work.

Altezzas may be a fad, but it doesn't seem to be going out anytime soon. Even the new Range Rovers have them. I don't like the way they look, but I like the concept of having the different functioning lamps in separate pods. Maybe bodycolored, instead of mirrored metal backing would look better..
Old 12-10-2001, 10:39 PM

Yes, I agree thath the new Tiburon looks pretty good, and a lot better than the previous version.

However, it should look better... it was designed by Pininfarina - yes, the same guys that design Ferraris!
Old 12-10-2001, 11:39 PM

tiburon

im looking at pictures of the 2002 Tiburon and it doesnt look any different than the other tiburons ive seen
Old 12-11-2001, 03:58 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Either way it is spelled, they still look like the car...

Originally posted by MaximaRversion2

Yes , i am also perplexed with this Buck Rogers fellow.
who's BUCK ROGERS?!?!? i KNOW you're kidding!

i wonder if the original movie version is still around? i've ALWAYS wanted to see it... i've only seen the tv version

maybe i'll check out the video rental today!

kafene.
Old 12-11-2001, 03:11 PM

Originally posted by bigbadboss101

Ok, quick reality check, in the dark, at night, on the highway, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between the 2k/2k1 tails and a 2k2 tail, that chrome part looks black at night unless you're right up next to the car staring up it's "tail pipe"
Old 12-14-2001, 08:02 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Listen, you have an awesome car. Be greatful and GO FASTER! Maybe they get next to you so they can race you. Just give it a try and try to get stopped at every red light that you can. You will win a race I would say about 80% of the time.
Old 12-14-2001, 10:04 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Why is everybody so uptight? Everybody has a right to their opinion. I actually hated the a$$ end of the '00-'01 max until I saw the '02. I almost bought the '02 altima until I found out I could get a loaded max SE(minus nav) cheaper than a the loaded altSE. Now I love the the max a$$ and even like the '00-'01's. Get what you love and love what you get!