5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.
View Poll Results: Will you use the online car/vehicle purchase system?
Go
54.55%
No Go
9.09%
Not so bright
36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

online car/vehicle purchase

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2001, 02:30 PM

online car/vehicle purchase

need some opinions from the org member.
I need your opinion about buying a car online, any car and at this moment I am only looking at new car only. Here are the fact:

1.I will provide a website where you can request a type of car you
wanted to buy including all the options and color of the car, and
the time you want the car to be pick up or deliver.
2.Then, I will contact all the dealer nationwide whose willing to
accomodate your request with a price they can do, to sell you the
car that you want.
3.Each and every car dealer can bid each other with the lowest price
they can do, and you will decide from where you are going to get
your car from.
4.I will update you as the buyer on the current price of your dream
car/vehicle.
5.The service will be free of charge to the buyer.

Please respond with you comment or $0.02 and shoot me an email for any other question

Thank you
Old 12-10-2001, 03:39 PM

Where's the catch? If you are to provide us with the lowest cost, no mark-up, and are getting it from a dealer(which obviously you are not), where is your mark-up? Will it be from some sort of advertising or what have-you? I would be very interested because I beleive I will be buying a new car no later than July, either an M3, a 330CI, or the new model MAX. Hit me back, let us know. Here on the org we are all for a fellow brother making a buck by selling a product, or providing a service, as long as it is legit. Thanx(not intending to flame).
Old 12-10-2001, 03:50 PM

Originally posted by rubman
Where's the catch? If you are to provide us with the lowest cost, no mark-up, and are getting it from a dealer(which obviously you are not), where is your mark-up? Will it be from some sort of advertising or what have-you? I would be very interested because I beleive I will be buying a new car no later than July, either an M3, a 330CI, or the new model MAX. Hit me back, let us know. Here on the org we are all for a fellow brother making a buck by selling a product, or providing a service, as long as it is legit. Thanx(not intending to flame).
there is no catch for you as the buyer, you might have to pay for the actual shipping cost and many other regular charges that the dealer will impose on the vehicle such tax and title and etc.
We will getting the car from the dealer directly to you, we like the middle men whose centralized the buying experience without hazzle for the buyer to contact the dealer individually. We will distribute a list of car/vehicle buyer to the associate car/vehicle dealer. Advertising for sure and the delaer will pay us ome type of commision base on the car prices or a fix price that still need to be determine.

any other question?
Old 12-10-2001, 07:53 PM

Originally posted by exunaja

there is no catch for you as the buyer, you might have to pay for the actual shipping cost and many other regular charges that the dealer will impose on the vehicle such tax and title and etc.
We will getting the car from the dealer directly to you, we like the middle men whose centralized the buying experience without hazzle for the buyer to contact the dealer individually. We will distribute a list of car/vehicle buyer to the associate car/vehicle dealer. Advertising for sure and the delaer will pay us ome type of commision base on the car prices or a fix price that still need to be determine.

any other question?
If that is the how the deal is going to be organized, I, as well as many other org members will very likely be interested.
Old 12-10-2001, 08:22 PM

http://www.autobytel.com
Old 12-10-2001, 09:39 PM

Originally posted by MaxRPM
http://www.autobytel.com
Our will be similar but different. We have the dealer bid for a lower price from the other dealer.
Old 12-10-2001, 11:44 PM

I bought my Max using Carpoint thru a local dealer.
Old 12-11-2001, 06:11 AM

Guys, this is a B.S., no free lunch here. On-line auto buying service and Co. needs to eat too. They have agreements with several dealerships in your area, works sort of a referral fee.

You might have noticed that every online ad says at the bottom to talk to the "Internet Sales Manager" @ Nissan dealership. Somehow your inquiry is tagged, and the dealer pays maybe a few hundred to an advertiser.

If a dealer incurs an expense, then he passes it on with a higher price, no matter how low he says it is. That way, if you get your warm butts out to shop around, you may save some $$$.
Old 12-11-2001, 08:51 AM

good idea...
how do you deal with trade in??
Old 12-11-2001, 05:30 PM

My brother got his 97 SE that way from imotors.com (which recently went out of bussiness though). You select the car you want, options, color(s), and it gives you a price. They get the car for you, you go and look at it, you like then you buy it. If not, you didn't have to buy it. It was a good system, too bad they went out of bussines though.
Old 12-12-2001, 05:00 PM

Originally posted by Garfield
good idea...
how do you deal with trade in??
there's nothing complicated. You are being referred to a regular dealership in your area...Remember you plug in your zipcode when entering your info? Most dealers will take in your trade, and I doubt online intermediary gets their cut from that. What are you trying to buy, and what is your trade? If you dont care about the $$, the just stop by nearest dealer and trade-in. Sounds like you're trying to save $$, consider selling your on your own.