5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

my rental suburban vs. expedition

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2001, 05:18 PM

my rental suburban vs. expedition

woohooo!!! that was fun.
i rented a suburban for work and i'm coming back from san diego today north on the 15 and i'm passing an expedition in the fast lane. she changes over and rides my tail for a quarter mile so i switch over and she pulls up even with me at around 80. i look over at her but she's looking straight ahead so i gun it. we're on an incline so i'm not really gaining too much speed but by the time we crest the hill (the one with the huge arch bridge over it) i'm at 90 and then we go over the top and it's a reasonably steep grade back down the other side.
the ford's just a half length behind me (the suburban gives that a whole new meaning) and she goes wot but can't gain on me. we're going close to 100 when we reach the bottom of the incline and it flattens out and we're still going full throttle. i start pulling on her slightly but then i reach what must be the suburban's maximum speed cuz it just runs out of juice at that point. i press a little button at the end of the column shifter stalk which is labeled 'tow/haul' and i figure it's like OD on our cars so i'm expecting the rig to downshift and maybe give me a little extra oomph. but i hit the button and it doesn't do jack. just a little light on the dash.
don't know how fast i was going cuz the speedo tops out at 100. had to cut it out cuz we we're closing on some cars ahead. that truck's too wiley to take risks next to traffic.
Old 12-13-2001, 05:33 PM
RussMaxManiac

Re: my rental suburban vs. expedition

Yea they are speed limited at around 100. The Suburban though should have kicked the Expeditions ***!

Originally posted by serin
woohooo!!! that was fun.
i rented a suburban for work and i'm coming back from san diego today north on the 15 and i'm passing an expedition in the fast lane. she changes over and rides my tail for a quarter mile so i switch over and she pulls up even with me at around 80. i look over at her but she's looking straight ahead so i gun it. we're on an incline so i'm not really gaining too much speed but by the time we crest the hill (the one with the huge arch bridge over it) i'm at 90 and then we go over the top and it's a reasonably steep grade back down the other side.
the ford's just a half length behind me (the suburban gives that a whole new meaning) and she goes wot but can't gain on me. we're going close to 100 when we reach the bottom of the incline and it flattens out and we're still going full throttle. i start pulling on her slightly but then i reach what must be the suburban's maximum speed cuz it just runs out of juice at that point. i press a little button at the end of the column shifter stalk which is labeled 'tow/haul' and i figure it's like OD on our cars so i'm expecting the rig to downshift and maybe give me a little extra oomph. but i hit the button and it doesn't do jack. just a little light on the dash.
don't know how fast i was going cuz the speedo tops out at 100. had to cut it out cuz we we're closing on some cars ahead. that truck's too wiley to take risks next to traffic.

Old 12-13-2001, 05:46 PM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

good...uhh...kill

I hate Expedition drivers (always cut me off) so I'll live my revenge through you
Old 12-14-2001, 05:38 AM

Re: my rental suburban vs. expedition

Originally posted by serin
the ford's just a half length behind me (the suburban gives that a whole new meaning)
Old 12-14-2001, 06:39 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

SUV's racing.