8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Rental Maxima keeps forgetting settings when turned off

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 08:49 AM

Rental Maxima keeps forgetting settings when turned off

Hey guys, didn't see anything about this, but a have a 16 Maxima rental right now and once you turn off the car, it looses all of the sound, clock, Bluetooth, etc settings. I tested it numerous times, once was just turning it off and back on right away, it's not like the battery is dying or anything like that. Is there anything I can do to fix it on my end or this needs to go back to Avis to have a dealer fix it?

Also, the nav and map icons are greyed out. Does that mean it doesn't have the nav SD card or something? Thanks.
Old 09-20-2015, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by viperboy
Hey guys, didn't see anything about this, but a have a 16 Maxima rental right now and once you turn off the car, it looses all of the sound, clock, Bluetooth, etc settings. I tested it numerous times, once was just turning it off and back on right away, it's not like the battery is dying or anything like that. Is there anything I can do to fix it on my end or this needs to go back to Avis to have a dealer fix it?

Also, the nav and map icons are greyed out. Does that mean it doesn't have the nav SD card or something? Thanks.
That is definitely not normal. My maxima remembers all settings right down to the volume. Must be an avis thing. And them deactivating the navigation. They just want you to pay for their nav system adding more to your total bill I'm assuming.
Old 09-20-2015, 05:37 PM

The SD card is definitely missing. On the top right above the navi screen you'll see "SD Card", if you push it, it opens and gives you access to the slot where the SD card goes. The card is needed to save all the settings. You'll need to bring back to Avis to get the card.
Old 09-21-2015, 07:44 AM

Thanks all. Definitely no sd card there. Called a local dealer and he said check above the spare tire and all the manuals and things were there still in their wrapping. No card to be found there or in the glovebox. They wanted like $110 for the card, no way.

Since I'll have this car for a while and this is super annoying to setup my phone, clock, and EQ every time the car turns off, I bought a navigation card for $25 on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351514284802?item=351514284802
Hopefully this will take care of this annoying problem.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:05 PM

Thanks all. Definitely no sd card there. Called a local dealer and he said check above the spare tire and all the manuals and things were there still in their wrapping. No card to be found there or in the glovebox. They wanted like $110 for the card, no way.

Since I'll have this car for a while and this is super annoying to setup my phone, clock, and EQ every time the car turns off, I bought a navigation card for $25 on ebay:

Nissan Connect SD Navigation Card Map Data 25920 4RA0A USA Canada 2016 Maxima | eBay

Hopefully this will take care of this annoying problem.
Update: this resolved all the issues. Damn rental car companies, but this was a nice, cheap way around it.