5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Update on TCM replacement...ummm well

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2000, 09:57 AM

Nissan service at it's best

As I posted before, I went in last Sunday and spoke to the GM of the dealership regarding many issues about my Max, one of which was the TCM issue. He took notes, my number and said he would speak with the Service Manager on Monday morning.

Well today is Wednesday and I decide to give them a jingle to find out what the heck is going on...I got the GM on the phone and reintroduced myself...I asked about our meeting and said "The SM hasn't called you back??" Ummm nope...

So he pages the guy, I get him on the phone and he has no idea who I am or why I am calling! Now I'm getting a little bent! After I refresh his memory he then remembers...

The first thing he states is if he can't duplicate the problem, he won't replace the part! It is almost like the GM didn't say doody to him!

Tell me if I have a legit beef here....I told him of my experience the other night...cruising about 20 mph down a side street.....parked car up ahead of me on my side and I see a truck coming at me...I give it the gas to get around the car and when I punched it, it downshifted to first and when it was supposed to shift it sort of went "wAAAA" and then shifted...(almost slammed me into a pole when it caught ) Doesn't this sound like a TCM issue?

I explained my case and he just kept stating that because Nissan has not started a recall or a campaign on this issue, he cannot just go replacing everyones TCM because they saw some TSB on the internet...

Well I am not taking no for an answer and he ended up saying that he will call Nissan with the scenario that I presented and will see what they have to say on it...I mean come one...what do you guys think? Does what happened to me sound like I have a legit gripe and how do you think that Nissan will respond?

Then there are all the other issues regarding rattles that they seem to be totally aloof about....I'm telling you....I didn't buy a Max to be this stressed out..I could have saved thousands and bought a Dodge if I wanted this crap
Old 08-30-2000, 10:06 AM

food poison

i suggest you take your car eslewhere. since the tech or whoever shouldn't be too pleased with u right now, u shuldn't bring your car there. if the big hats at nissan say "go ahead and replace it" then they'll be all pissy and do a crap *** job on it. i know it's just a plug in or sumthing. but still it's like messing with the chef. he'll spit in your food, or put somethin' shady in there. a tech will probably leave screws loose or somthin'.
Old 08-30-2000, 10:18 AM

Exactly, I feel the same way.

They are supposed to replace my whole right front strut assembly, cause the strut mount is damaged or some thing like that.
So I went there this week, to get it done after the parts caming in after about two months of waiting for them, ;(.
And what do you know. Nissan send them the wrong part.
So they put the new sturt but the mount wasn't the correct one, so they ordered a correct one now.
We will see how much time it will take for this part to coming in.
And they will have to disassemble the whole strut again.
Man service is really terrible.
Old 08-30-2000, 10:24 AM

dany

just go to a bunch of nissan service places and have everyshop order a mount for u and see who gets theirs first. hahaha it's the fastest way u can get your stuff.
Old 08-30-2000, 10:32 AM

Re: Exactly, I feel the same way.

Originally posted by Dany
They are supposed to replace my whole right front strut assembly, cause the strut mount is damaged or some thing like that.
So I went there this week, to get it done after the parts caming in after about two months of waiting for them, ;(.
And what do you know. Nissan send them the wrong part.
So they put the new sturt but the mount wasn't the correct one, so they ordered a correct one now.
We will see how much time it will take for this part to coming in.
And they will have to disassemble the whole strut again.
Man service is really terrible.
Hey Dany I think your dealer is giveing U A Runaround. I had a little accident with my car and the damn strut was bent and hub cracked, spindle was bent, and the car was at the dealer. 2 days they had all the parts in and my car was ready to go. $1900.. damn strut was $270 I think
Old 08-30-2000, 11:37 AM
The silent but deadly Moderator

I agree, another dealer.

start fresh on this. mention the delay and slipping first, then say *it might* have something to do with this TSB. BTW, thats not an "Internet" TSB, its Nissan. Those tards would find it on their CDROM if they looked. If they cant look it up, you dont want them working on your car anyway. I was happy to see the tech studying the TSB and all the procedures for getting to the TCM *before* popping any panels. They obviously dont swing that way at your nissan dealer. man, I spent over 60K at my Nissan place last year and I got the same thing you are. I even pointed that out. And yes, the GM never called me back and I know I've asked for a call back 6 times.

The other dealer 30 mins away didnt know me from Santa Claus, but they treated me like gold. Screw that first place.

I got the salespeople all upset because I went in and said "yeah, I like that new 3.5 pathfinder and was thinking of trading mine in for it.... but with your service, there is no way I can buy a car from you or send you any referrals. I also will be buying the Z or a 3.5 maxima eventually, but not here" They said "well, our price is better." I said, "well I dont give a rats ***, you know I have the money to spend and I dont think my hard earned dollar is going to go to a dealer that doesnt work as hard as I do to keep customers happy." Sales threw a $hit fit back in service about it.. everyone got red faced and defensive. I left.. and STILL never got a call.

I'm very happy with the other dealer tho.

Old 08-30-2000, 01:02 PM

Originally posted by jnm2kse

I could have saved thousands and bought a Dodge if I wanted this crap

[/I]
I agree, if I wanted to deal with crap for service I'd have bought a freaking Neon or something. This is seriuosly the last time I buy from Nissan, I don't care what the hell they come out with. Their service is too crappy...Euro, next time I go Euro...

Old 08-30-2000, 01:21 PM

After being shot down at the dealer I bought the car from, I am trying another dealer to see if I can get mine replaced. I bought the car in march so it should most certainly contain the defective TCM. I'll let you guys know what happens.