5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Make SURE you get what you want for Christmas, Hanukkah, etc. @ Cattman Performance

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 10:06 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Make SURE you get what you want for Christmas, Hanukkah, etc. @ Cattman Performance

I don’t usually go out in to the forums to push our sales, but I don’t think many people are aware of the incredible deals we’re offering through the end of the year on our remaining parts inventory. EVERYTHING is on deep discount, all at once, and you’ll probably never see these prices again.

Click here to get to our December/End-o-year Sale! We'll be open Wednesday and Thursday this week and next week (closed next Monday, Tuesday and Friday), so don't miss out!

For you guys on the 5th gen subforum, I’ll point out the incredibly great deal on our US-made Cattman y-pipes for 00 Maximas and I30s with CA/NLEV emissions, and for all 2001 Maximas and I30s. Regularly $380, they’re marked down to $285 for the best-built, best-fitting and best performing y-pipe (by far) that you can buy for this car. I've got 6 left, let's get them out the door before tax day (31 December).

At the close of our 13th year in operation, I just want to thank all of the Maxima and I30/I35 enthusiasts who have helped to make our business successful.

Brian
Old 12-22-2010, 02:54 PM

What's the shipping look like?
Old 12-22-2010, 04:21 PM

There isn't a gun at your head...

Last edited by Nexus67; 12-22-2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by MizzMaxine
Sale or no sale your prices are way too high.
Then don't buy from one of the few suppliers of high-quality performance parts for our cars. The maxima market is small so expect prices to like the honda guys get.

Sometimes its is best to say nothing if you have nothing valuable to contribute. Just sayin.

Last edited by RLW001; 12-22-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:12 PM

You get what you pay for. With an established reputation in the Maxima community, Cattman demonstrates the better side of this concept.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:14 PM

oh man i hope i save enough money for a rear sway bar b4 this ends!!
Old 12-23-2010, 04:39 AM
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

And you get what you pay for.......HIGH quality parts that fit perfectly and will last forever. Just like RLW001 said, don't buy from him then. Keep your useless comments to yourself.

Thanks Brian for all you have done and hopefully continue to do for the Maxima community.
Old 12-25-2010, 01:20 AM

Wow thought I posted in here already all I got to say great products by Cattman love my exhaust parts and Progress RSB. Soon Headers..

As for MizzMaxine http://www.cardomain.com/ride/332112...-nissan-maxima why is he saying he got Cattman Headers and Exhaust but they are to Expensive and before that he had Greddy Headers somebody is a Baller since they dont make them for our cars maybe you picked up on my message on your cardomain and switched to Cattman>>>
Old 12-25-2010, 07:02 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Three things to point out here.

1. Your comment is inappropriate here. You want to spout off that kind of crap, start your own thread and get flamed.
2. You have posted these kinds of moronic statements before in other threads, so obviously you're one of these "Cattman prices are more than I want to pay, so obviously you're ripping us off" people.
3. You do not have even the slightest clue of what you're talking about.

Last edited by Cattman; 12-25-2010 at 07:04 AM.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:03 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Cattman is closed for Christmas. We'll be re-opening 9am MST, Wednesday, 29 December.

Brian
Old 12-25-2010, 07:30 AM
My axles cry for mercy...

I wish christmas went better for me this year. I would have loved to get a cattman b pipe to add to my cattman rear section and finally finish my exhaust.
Old 12-25-2010, 09:35 AM

must suck to be a poor bastard huh?

Just in case my earlier post wasn't clear enough..Sale or no sale your prices are way too high.
Old 12-25-2010, 11:52 AM
My axles cry for mercy...

Just in case my earlier post wasn't clear enough..Sale or no sale your prices are way too high. Merry Christmas everybody.
Yup, because he's supposed to sell higher quality parts for the same price as the cheap crap. I'll be back, im gonna go to walmart and tell them to lower the price of digorno to be the same as the great value pizza because its too expensive.

People like this is why A3X chassis owners get the bad rep as being cheap. Which is sad but true.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by essential1
Yup, because he's supposed to sell higher quality parts for the same price as the cheap crap. I'll be back, im gonna go to walmart and tell them to lower the price of digorno to be the same as the great value pizza because its too expensive.

People like this is why A3X chassis owners get the bad rep as being cheap. Which is sad but true.
Most of the repliers on this thread to my comment are cheap. IMHO its not like people here have the sexiest cars. Most are fooling themselves & think their rides are gods gift to earth. My point is for the cost of the product it doesn't justify spending 800+ for a cat-back alone on a 8 year old or even older car, even if is a great system. I spent 1200 on the full system with only 500miles on it. So for the guys on here that have been long time members give them a break. The least they can get is a updated website or maybe a slight reduction in costs. His friendliness only goes so far for some.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:31 PM

No doubt cattman performance products are expensive, but it seems everyone thinks their product is worthy of the price so hmmm, there's always a demand for high quality, good fitment products...
Old 12-25-2010, 01:40 PM

Just in case my earlier post wasn't clear enough..Sale or no sale your prices are way too high. Merry Christmas everybody.
So what full exhaust do you have since it says you got the Cattman or you got OBX full or what and got some pics...
Old 12-25-2010, 02:46 PM

Are you again questioning my car again? My paint alone can put your kids through college. Before approaching me start by buffing those headlights and ask yourself just cause its chrome does it make you fly.

Haters....
Old 12-25-2010, 03:52 PM

Are you again questioning my car again? My paint alone can put your kids through college.
Cattman

MizzMaxine
Old 12-25-2010, 04:10 PM

That's why in these great United States...you DON'T have to buy if you don't want to.

You're probably the kind of guy (girl?) that goes into an Acura dealership and berates them for not having Honda Civic prices.

PS: just purchased an item from Cattman...and I wasn't forced

Last edited by Nexus67; 12-25-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old 12-25-2010, 04:29 PM

Nobody cares about your car or your opinions but that's besides the point. People should be thankful that there's even a quality supplier that still sells parts for 5th gen maximas.
Old 12-25-2010, 05:08 PM
Banned

Didn't think there was some one on here more annoying then my brother

MizzMaxine YOUR CAR ISN'T THAT GREAT
Old 12-25-2010, 05:20 PM

Sounds like someone needs a better paying Job.

Hang in there kid...one day you can play with the big boys.
Old 12-25-2010, 05:51 PM

Are you again questioning my car again? My paint alone can put your kids through college. Before approaching me start by buffing those headlights and ask yourself just cause its chrome does it make you fly.

Haters....
Thanks for putting my ride up the headlights are buffed still need paint, kit, and tint and some new rims cause they dont make me fly heavy *** hell!!
Old 12-25-2010, 06:42 PM

Sale or no sale I am too damn broke.
Fixed

Last edited by MoncefA33; 12-25-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 12-25-2010, 06:55 PM

Haters....
Wow, those rims look horrible...
Old 12-25-2010, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by viperboy
Wow, those rims look horrible...
Thanks for the compliment soon will be switched yours ain't that of a hit either mine free so I can't complain...
Old 12-26-2010, 12:14 PM
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MEMBER - OWES PEOPLE MONEY

Brian I know this is slightly off topic of the thread, but not too much so. I know you check it so posting it here.

What size gaskets do I need to buy for your headers/Ypipe combo for the connection between header primaries and the Y-pipe? I know they are 2.25", but what is the bolt spacing? I'm looking to buy a couple of those nice stainless steel gaskets, let me know!
Old 12-26-2010, 12:28 PM
Got Retrofit?

Originally Posted by MoncefA33
Fixed
WIN.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:48 PM

Most of the repliers on this thread to my comment are cheap. IMHO its not like people here have the sexiest cars. Most are fooling themselves & think their rides are gods gift to earth. My point is for the cost of the product it doesn't justify spending 800+ for a cat-back alone on a 8 year old or even older car, even if is a great system. I spent 1200 on the full system with only 500miles on it. So for the guys on here that have been long time members give them a break. The least they can get is a updated website or maybe a slight reduction in costs. His friendliness only goes so far for some.
Are you again questioning my car again? My paint alone can put your kids through college. Before approaching me start by buffing those headlights and ask yourself just cause its chrome does it make you fly. (Picture of another member's car with boat anchors)
Cattman's prices are only marginally more than his cost to produce them. It's all US made, tig welded, stainless steel, and very high quality materials to start with. He also offers maxima.org discounts and large order discounts. I don't even need to comment on his friendliness. If you can't tell why his friendliness doesn't extend to you then you may consider rereading your rude and unfounded posts then try to picture yourself in his shoes.

If you want to argue about the performance to cost ratio of said parts, bring your paint that will put my children through college and your 1200 dollar exhaust and I'll happily demonstrate how well my ~1400 dollar full Cattman setup performs, stock paint and all.

Here, I'll give you a picture to talk crap about while you're hating on others cars without being willing to show your own.

Sorry to hijack your thread and feed the troll, Brian.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:53 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by sparks03max
Brian I know this is slightly off topic of the thread, but not too much so. I know you check it so posting it here.

What size gaskets do I need to buy for your headers/Ypipe combo for the connection between header primaries and the Y-pipe? I know they are 2.25", but what is the bolt spacing? I'm looking to buy a couple of those nice stainless steel gaskets, let me know!

There are a few options. This will sound crazy, but if you want to do it on the cheap (black fibre gaskets), go into just about any exhaust shop or parts store and ask for a Chevy heat riser gasket (a very standard part).

But to find a better gasket, look for "header collector gaskets" at any speed shop. They are always the same shape (equilateral triangle), but come in different sizes. Sometimes hard to find the smaller ones, but they do make them in 2.25" and you have a choice of all materials, up to solid copper (the best), which can be used again and again. You can even use a 2.5", which is easier to find. Find the right center hole diameter, and the bolt holes will always match up.

Brian
Old 12-27-2010, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Cattman
There are a few options. This will sound crazy, but if you want to do it on the cheap (black fibre gaskets), go into just about any exhaust shop or parts store and ask for a Chevy heat riser gasket (a very standard part).

But to find a better gasket, look for "header collector gaskets" at any speed shop. They are always the same shape (equilateral triangle), but come in different sizes. Sometimes hard to find the smaller ones, but they do make them in 2.25" and you have a choice of all materials, up to solid copper (the best), which can be used again and again. You can even use a 2.5", which is easier to find. Find the right center hole diameter, and the bolt holes will always match up.

Brian
Thanks for the quick response! I definitely want to get some reusable ones like the steel layered ones you sent with the fastcat. I occasionally have to pull the Y-pipe and trying to reuse those cheapies is hit or miss at best.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:18 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Thanks for the quick response! I definitely want to get some reusable ones like the steel layered ones you sent with the fastcat. I occasionally have to pull the Y-pipe and trying to reuse those cheapies is hit or miss at best.

The steel ones are Nissan gaskets, and they don't have anything like the collector gaskets. Find some copper ones if you want to be able to reliably take that apart without replacing the gaskets.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:46 AM

Are you again questioning my car again? My paint alone can put your kids through college.
Haters....
Glad I'm putting my money to good use then.

A college education is gonna get me a lot further than an expensive paint job.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:08 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Haters....
you spent $100k+ on a black paint job (according to your genius statement above) and you are complaining about Cattmans prices???

I think you have a couple screws loose in your head because something isnt working up there.....:

And based on this thread, it appears you are the lone hater.......Brian is an honest, stand up businessman who puts out quality products. If you dont like them because they are too expensive, go buy somewhere else. No one is forcing you to buy them.

:matt93se:

Last edited by vball_max; 12-29-2010 at 05:40 AM.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:22 PM

Sparks I used this SCE copper gasket p/n 4220 from the very beginning...you may need to rework the bolt holes slightly but these are bulletproof.....

http://www.scegaskets.com/Pro-Copper...-p6630142.html

Old 12-29-2010, 09:57 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Yep, those are the ultimate collector gaskets.

Brian
Old 12-29-2010, 11:20 AM

Brian, I know this is a bit OT, but how much would just a 5th gen axleback cost? And will it bolt up to the factory b-pipe?

I'm trying to find a decent setup that will keep a mildly aggressive exhaust note, but isn't too terribly loud with my headers.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:56 AM
Banned

Cattman is a real cool guy just purchased a Progress RSB very easy guy to deal with and very informative....

Last edited by Clashez; 12-29-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:59 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

i understand what you're saying...so ok you said Brian's prices are too high...sooooo...are you offering a cheaper alternative?

let me know when you get that TIG welder and mandrel bender set up to pump out TIG welded SS Y-pipes for 150..ok? then the supply will increase with same level of demand and then boom prices will go down. you would be sooo the man.

merry christmas to you too.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:52 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mr. Brett
Brian, I know this is a bit OT, but how much would just a 5th gen axleback cost? And will it bolt up to the factory b-pipe?

I'm trying to find a decent setup that will keep a mildly aggressive exhaust note, but isn't too terribly loud with my headers.

We're pretty much limited to producing the 3" catbacks now, and although the rear section would possibly fit when installed with a stock b-pipe (they're made off of the same basic fixture as the 2.5"), they're not designed to be combined with stock parts. Its a pretty big difference in tubing diameter and I wouldn't expect to see a noticeable performance gain (when used with stock b-pipe).

If you wanted to take a chance, this would be a custom order because we don't split sets that are in stock. Give us a call if you'd like to discuss and I'll figure out a price.

Brian

Quick Reply: Make SURE you get what you want for Christmas, Hanukkah, etc. @ Cattman Performance