5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

nissan is rolling us!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2001, 08:47 AM

nissan is rolling us!!!

i heard back from my dealer on the fuel line splash guard. he told me that there was a recall on them because of salt getting behind it and rusting. so none of the cars have them that are located in a "salt" state. well i live in d.c. and bought my car in MD and they consider MD a salt state. why, i don't know. they haven't salted here since i have been here.

but this still leaves me with dirt/sand all around my gas cap. i called nissan and complained.they have had this problem for years now and haven't corrected it. service said if i get it put on the warreny will not cover any rust as a result of it.

so if your max doesn't have the guard on it , you probably live in a "salt" state.

nissan is rolling me

Old 12-20-2001, 09:12 AM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Re: nissan is rolling us!!!

Originally posted by kjpierce
i heard back from my dealer on the fuel line splash guard. he told me that there was a recall on them because of salt getting behind it and rusting. so none of the cars have them that are located in a "salt" state. well i live in d.c. and bought my car in MD and they consider MD a salt state. why, i don't know. they haven't salted here since i have been here.

but this still leaves me with dirt/sand all around my gas cap. i called nissan and complained.they have had this problem for years now and haven't corrected it. service said if i get it put on the warreny will not cover any rust as a result of it.

so if your max doesn't have the guard on it , you probably live in a "salt" state.

nissan is rolling me

Salt State?

I live in Arizona and don't have one.
Old 12-20-2001, 09:14 AM
Very sound, Mike

Re: nissan is rolling us!!!

Is Texas considered a salt state? Guess not, i don't have that cover in the tank either. It gets dirty quite easily thus why i never put the cap on the holder.

Originally posted by kjpierce

nissan is rolling me

Old 12-20-2001, 09:14 AM

Are you talking about the little flap where the fuel pump goes? My 99 does not have one an my 95 did.
Old 12-20-2001, 10:35 AM

Re: Re: nissan is rolling us!!!

Originally posted by IceY2K1

Salt State?

I live in Arizona and don't have one.
Nissan probably considers the salt produced by desert alkali a serious treat to the integrity of your filler tube.
Old 12-20-2001, 12:30 PM

I am also in MD. Can anyone post the pic of this part? I do have have some occasional dirt around fuel tank cap, but its normal. Looked underneath the car, the fuel line from the gas tank is wrapped in some ****.

Nissan is rolling not only on this issue...what about the paint, the glass, the brakes, other TSBs, falling resale values, high prices. I still have time to think what my next car will be.
Old 12-20-2001, 03:22 PM

Guards not available...

The Nissan dealer told me that its not available on the new ones. My 2k Max has the guard, but my 02 Max doesnt. Nissan should just make up their mind. On or Off, hmmm....