5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Is the NWP intake manifold Kit worth Buying?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by slick5spd
You all fell for the 4DSC bull****.
Love that decal!

Old 04-01-2011, 01:20 PM
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MEMBER - OWES PEOPLE MONEY

Well frankly it is stupid. You say everyone can't have the fastest car. I agree with you. So what are like the top 10 fastest cars? If you are arguing that your car is fast because you say it is fast, but fast compared to what? A civic? Cool, you beat a civic. But hey, I'm not the one wasting money on it. I already told you to resume the pointless modding. And it is pointless because if you are modding to win races, there will ALWAYS be someone faster than you. You all fell for the 4DSC bull****. Look at the new scion commercials, you guys must think those are fast too. Sure, if you are racing a bunch of other bottom of the line cars you might win. But that's not much to brag about.
Is running mid 12s without any power adder or engine work really that slow? I see plenty of muscle cars run considerably slower than me. Case in point:

Still, it can easily be argued that spending money on performance for any car, no matter how fast it starts or how optimal it is, is a waste of money. It doesn't matter if you have a F-body, a vette, a fox, or a G-body with a big block... it's the same "waste" of money when it comes to any logical look at what we are doing. Regardless, people will still put money into performance and race their cars.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:22 PM

It's bull**** either way other sites don't treat new people like complete **** just because they were new. I bet if one of you 10,000+ post ****** said what I said it would be taken more seriously.
No... I can promise you it wouldn't. When hustle makes a dumb statement, he gets the same treatment... and he has what 30k posts?

Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17
fast is relative so lets not get into BS and try to compare a maxima to something random.... if so the only "fast" car is the Red bull F1.... maxima's are fast, fast isnt compared to something faster or slower, just your opinion on whats fast or fast enough
Damn you're making more sense than usual today. +1 for hustle.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:22 PM

looking to get these as well. as u can see only good things are said regardless of engine type, so i think thats a sell in itself!
Old 04-01-2011, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Rochester
That's not true. Hustler has 10,000+ posts, and no one takes him seriously.

Wait... what?

(I kid, Denver. It was so wide open, though.)

Anyhow... is this kid going to get banned for physically threatening Sparks? Seems only a few years ago, it would have happened within minutes.
I'm not offended, it's a common tactic of dumb people to threaten violence when they're frustrated.

Does he really think that he "did nothing" to deserve people ragging on him other than being a noob, or is it some kind of troll tactic to deflect the real reason?
Old 04-01-2011, 01:26 PM

Right like I'm stubborn I'll keep arguing that's why I said ban me
Old 04-01-2011, 01:26 PM

Aw... I'm slow. Deleted my post because I'm supposed to be busy with popcorn.

Damn.

Don't stop, Slick. You're rolling with some serious momentum now.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:27 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Ok I'll agree with that but you guys are also blowing this out of proportion. It's not like I'm starting a thread to diss the Maxima. I simply voiced my opinions, and I guess got the typical newb treatment which is fine, and that's that. I don't see the point in modding a Maxima. You guys can do it, go for it. I'm probably going to try out somethings to make my ride a little smoother. I'm not insulting you guys. If you take offense by my opinions, especially when I'm backing them up with some real ****, then that's your problem.
I wouldn't say we think you are dissing the maxima. The reality is this, This thread was not made from a guy wondering if it's worth his time or money to mod a maxima, the thread was created because he obviously has been looking into get the spacers for his car but he realizes it's $200 that he doesn't just want to throw away if it isn't going to help his performance much. We've all been there, we do a mod that in the end had no real value and we wish we wouldn't have spent the money, he's hoping to avoid doing that.

So your opinion is unnecessary and unwanted in this discussion, it does not relate to the subject at hand. All you've really done was criticize anyone on here who mods their maxima. So of course this place is going to turn hostile.

Seeing as you are a newb I'll put it this way, for future reference on other threads. If you have nothing of value to add to a thread but a pointless opinion, after you read the thread hit the back button on your browser and move on to the next area of interest.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:27 PM

Aw... I'm slow. Deleted my post because I'm supposed to be busy with popcorn.

Damn.

Don't stop, Slick. You're rolling with some serious momentum now.
Too quick for you old man.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by hacim105
I wouldn't say we think you are dissing the maxima. The reality is this, This thread was not made from a guy wondering if it's worth his time or money to mod a maxima, the thread was created because he obviously has been looking into get the spacers for his car but he realizes it's $200 that he doesn't just want to throw away if it isn't going to help his performance much. We've all been there, we do a mod that in the end had no real value and we wish we wouldn't have spent the money, he's hoping to avoid doing that.

So your opinion is unnecessary and unwanted in this discussion, it does not relate to the subject at hand. All you've really done was criticize anyone on here who mods their maxima. So of course this place is going to turn hostile.

Seeing as you are a newb I'll put it this way, for future reference on other threads. If you have nothing of value to add to a thread but a pointless opinion, after you read the thread hit the back button on your browser and move on to the next area of interest.
I was going to leave it alone like 5 times but you guys have something else to say after every one of my posts, feeding the troll if you will, but I'm not a troll, although you all obviously think I am.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:30 PM

Way off topic...Another slow Maxima :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0Rj7...7E8E4F569646E3
Old 04-01-2011, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by MaximusTi
Way off topic...Another slow Maxima :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0Rj7...7E8E4F569646E3
Stock bottom end, boltons, nitrous... So much investment for so slow!!!!
Old 04-01-2011, 01:32 PM

It's bull**** either way other sites don't treat new people like complete **** just because they were new. I bet if one of you 10,000+ post ****** said what I said it would be taken more seriously.
here goes your sensitivity again... i have 17K post and sparks tried to get at me by posting something i said about jime to make me look or feel stupid... so what if other forums dont do it??? we do... leave if you dont like it
Old 04-01-2011, 01:32 PM

I was going to leave it alone like 5 times but you guys have something else to say after every one of my posts, feeding the troll if you will, but I'm not a troll, although you all obviously think I am.
You fit the description of a troll. You came into a thread and instead of posting any meaningful contribution, you provoked people and started an argument. You realize this is what trolls do, right?
Old 04-01-2011, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by sparks03max

Damn you're making more sense than usual today. +1 for hustle.
......... bish
Old 04-01-2011, 01:34 PM

Stock bottom end, boltons, nitrous... So much investment for so slow!!!!
Put nitrous on a faster car and it'll go faster and get a lower time which is the ultimate goal here right? I thought that was the point of drag racing.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:34 PM

Old 04-01-2011, 01:35 PM

You fit the description of a troll. You came into a thread and instead of posting any meaningful contribution, you provoked people and started an argument. You realize this is what trolls do, right?
Yes and I had already tried correcting my self, saying that no insult intended, and I was going to leave it at that. Ignorant ****** such as yourself keep having a say at every post I leave. And they are just as meaningless and off topic. You ****ing troll.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:35 PM

Where have I heard that before? Classic denial of personal responsibility for one's behavior, because it's always the other guy's fault for pulling me back in.

Oh! Right!

Old 04-01-2011, 01:37 PM

Put nitrous on a faster car and it'll go faster and get a lower time which is the ultimate goal here right? I thought that was the point of drag racing.
Dude, where is your Veyron SS? Get some Nitrous for it and school us all ! ! !
Old 04-01-2011, 01:37 PM

So what exactly is the magical car that every person who wants to drag race should be driving? Once you decide on said car, you're going to need to get the memo out (ie troll) to all the other people who are driving what you consider to be non-optimal vehicles.

And just for reference, you can build a car like Jime's for around 4-5 grand if you can do the work yourself. There aren't many other cars in existence that will go 10s on that kind of budget.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:38 PM

Where have I heard that before? Classic denial of personal responsibility for one's behavior, because it's always the other guy's fault for pulling me back in.

Oh! Right!

Another pointless post, quit trolling
Old 04-01-2011, 01:38 PM

So what exactly is the magical car that every person who wants to drag race should be driving? Once you decide on said car, you're going to need to get the memo out (ie troll) to all the other people who are driving what you consider to be non-optimal vehicles.

And just for reference, you can build a car like Jime's for around 4-5 grand if you can do the work yourself. There aren't many other cars in existence that will go 10s on that kind of budget.
Quit trolling *****
Old 04-01-2011, 01:39 PM

Yes and I had already tried correcting my self, saying that no insult intended, and I was going to leave it at that. Ignorant ****** such as yourself keep having a say at every post I leave. And they are just as meaningless and off topic. You ****ing troll.
This is like me saying:

"F*ck you, slick5spd. Your choice of car and choice to mod that car is dumb. Idiot... I should punch you in the face. No offense"
Old 04-01-2011, 01:39 PM

Old 04-01-2011, 01:40 PM

And for reference, some of the posts on this last page would have been a sufficient answer to my ORIGINAL question. Enough would have been said.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:41 PM

This is like me saying:

"F*ck you, slick5spd. Your choice of car and choice to mod that car is dumb. Idiot... I should punch you in the face. No offense"
There was a line of no offense that you crossed. You should be pretty easily able to find that line yourself if you were smart enough to read through the posts.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:42 PM

we got him in his feelings so he figures if he bash the maxima then he has a good comeback
Old 04-01-2011, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17
we got him in his feelings so he figures if he bash the maxima then he has a good comeback
Nope just speaking the truth.

Another pointless post, quit trolling
On the contrary, it was a painfully accurate assessment. Michael Corleone was lamenting that he wouldn't be a creep if people didn't make him that way. I paraphrase, but then I don't know The Godfather as well as others.

And sparks nailed it. Even went over to Urban Dictionary to confirm:
"An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion."
That's you, slick. That's all you. Be the man.

And for reference, some of the posts on this last page would have been a sufficient answer to my ORIGINAL question. Enough would have been said.
The answers were made. My first reply to you was about as constructive as you're going to get considering your initial hostility already shown towards other members at that point. You then continued to argue and here we are.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:44 PM

on the

Old 04-01-2011, 01:45 PM

Old 04-01-2011, 01:45 PM

There was a line of no offense that you crossed. You should be pretty easily able to find that line yourself if you were smart enough to read through the posts.
But wait weren't you the one saying that adding "no offense" takes away any offense from an offensive statement?

Really man, no offense, but you're a douche. No offense, but you are really dumb trolling in this thread then blaming our reaction on you being a noob. No offense of course.

Last edited by sparks03max; 04-01-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:46 PM

On the contrary, it was a painfully accurate assessment. Michael Corleone was lamenting that he wouldn't be a creep if people didn't make him that way. I paraphrase, but then I don't know The Godfather as well as others.

And sparks nailed it. Even went over to Urban Dictionary to confirm:
"An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion."
That's you, slick. That's all you. Be the man.
Intent is the major word here. My original intent was not to have a bunch of but sore ricer kids on my hands.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:47 PM

Haha you guys are all RETARDED. Learn how to read. **** you guys, I'm out.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:49 PM

Nope just speaking the truth.
aww... and howd did you expect us to feel... mad that we are modding a "fake" sports car???? is that the only car ppl should mod???
Old 04-01-2011, 01:50 PM

Intent is the major word here. My original intent was not to have a bunch of but sore ricer kids on my hands.
If your intent was not to be a troll, you wouldn't have posted the statements and subsequent replies that you did. Unless you are just that dense not to understand what you were doing.

Haha you guys are all RETARDED. Learn how to read. **** you guys, I'm out.
No offense, but retarded could be better applied to you. Off to troll another forum, then?
Old 04-01-2011, 01:50 PM

Old 04-01-2011, 01:51 PM

Man. I really don't think anyone of us is sitting around "butt sore" about you or your comments.

Most of us are likely just sitting back and having a chuckle.

Quick Reply: Is the NWP intake manifold Kit worth Buying?