5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Nokya arctic white H4 bulbs........

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2002, 10:28 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Nokya arctic white H4 bulbs........

i just ordered my Nokya arctic white H4 headlight bulbs......has anybody ever had these or seen them on our cars b4, just wondering how they look b4 they get here and i get them in...right now my fog lights look better than my headlights, got some Xenons for those about 3 weeks ago....anywayz ive heard they look good, opinions please! also should i get some clear side markers with some superwhite bulbs.....been thinking about it but a bunch of peeps tell me they wouldnt look right on my car cause its silver (sterling mist)......i think they look tight at night with superwhites in them...but anyway opinions on both of those things please!
Old 01-01-2002, 10:34 PM

Re: Nokya arctic white H4 bulbs........

Originally posted by 2k1maxgle
i just ordered my Nokya arctic white H4 headlight bulbs......has anybody ever had these or seen them on our cars b4, just wondering how they look b4 they get here and i get them in...right now my fog lights look better than my headlights, got some Xenons for those about 3 weeks ago....anywayz ive heard they look good, opinions please! also should i get some clear side markers with some superwhite bulbs.....been thinking about it but a bunch of peeps tell me they wouldnt look right on my car cause its silver (sterling mist)......i think they look tight at night with superwhites in them...but anyway opinions on both of those things please!
I have them and like them. I can't compare them to PIAA but these
are more blue than white it seems. They still are way better
than stock IMO. I'm going to install some PIAA Xtreme White
fog lights and see how they look with them.
Old 01-01-2002, 10:39 PM

I had a pair and they only last me 3 months. They are IMHO a cheap bulb with an aqua blue color that doesn't resemble anything but ricey blue. The visibility is blue in front of your car, more so than what the oncomming car sees. But if you like bluish headlights, these are the best you can get for the price. The next pair of lightbulbs I bought where PIAA XW. I like these ALOT, although they are more expensive. I have had them for over 4 months.
Old 01-01-2002, 10:49 PM

If these go out I'm buying PIAA Xtreme Whites also.
Old 01-01-2002, 11:04 PM
Telus.net

Originally posted by ScreamingVQ
I had a pair and they only last me 3 months. They are IMHO a cheap bulb with an aqua blue color that doesn't resemble anything but ricey blue. The visibility is blue in front of your car, more so than what the oncomming car sees. But if you like bluish headlights, these are the best you can get for the price. The next pair of lightbulbs I bought where PIAA XW. I like these ALOT, although they are more expensive. I have had them for over 4 months.

4 months?

Oily hands touched the bulbs???

Old 01-02-2002, 08:56 AM

Originally posted by Telus.net

4 months?

Oily hands touched the bulbs???
I should have said, I installed them four months ago and still look and run great
Old 01-02-2002, 09:58 AM

Go with the more reliable brand name like PIAA, Philips or Sylvania. I personally love the PIAA brand. Used it for a long time and still going strong. Just watch out for the higher wattage bulbs like Nokya with stock wiring. If you have to use higher wattage then buy a heavy duty wire harness to run them. PIAA Xtreme white or Super Plasma looks very nice for the H4. Good luck!
Old 01-02-2002, 11:59 AM
Telus.net

Originally posted by Stealth Max
Go with the more reliable brand name like PIAA, Philips or Sylvania. I personally love the PIAA brand. Used it for a long time and still going strong. Just watch out for the higher wattage bulbs like Nokya with stock wiring. If you have to use higher wattage then buy a heavy duty wire harness to run them. PIAA Xtreme white or Super Plasma looks very nice for the H4. Good luck!
Sylvania is great! They are just plain white, but extremely bright. Cheap too!

Old 01-02-2002, 07:39 PM

they look great!!

I just got my Nokyas installed and i love the way they look, not too ricey blue and are mainly white with a slight blue tint when looking at them from the outside.....looking at them from inside they are white with a aqua blue tint......but anyway......i think they look great, but then again anything is better than stock!
thanks for all the feedback on that! now how bout those clear side markers i was asking about.....opinions on those anyone!
Old 01-02-2002, 07:42 PM

I should have said, I installed them four months ago and still look and run great
So ur original pair of XW were defective huh?
Old 01-02-2002, 08:10 PM
RBa

I've gone through my second pair... First pair lasted almost 12 months.. Now my harness has melted alittle.. Stupid thing keeps on shutting off and I have to readjust it everytime... Other than that, the color is nice, closest to HID color and alittle brighter than PIAAs.. Almost impossible to find matching foglights though!!...
I think ebay was auctioning them off for $20 + shipping earlier.. Don't know if they still are..
Old 01-02-2002, 08:18 PM

Originally posted by RBa
I've gone through my second pair... First pair lasted almost 12 months.. Now my harness has melted alittle.. Stupid thing keeps on shutting off and I have to readjust it everytime... Other than that, the color is nice, closest to HID color and alittle brighter than PIAAs.. Almost impossible to find matching foglights though!!...
I think ebay was auctioning them off for $20 + shipping earlier.. Don't know if they still are..
yeah like i said.....i really like them, and thats where i found mine yeah fog lights would be kind of hard to match, my H3 Hella Xenons are pretty much straight up white, during the day they dont look much different than stock, but at night i can tell a big difference, they looked better than my headlights until now!.....does Nokya make H3s??? bout the harness melting, about how long did that take to start happening? is there a better harness that we can get for our cars that wont melt over time?
Old 01-02-2002, 08:53 PM
RBa

yeah like i said.....i really like them, and thats where i found mine yeah fog lights would be kind of hard to match, my H3 Hella Xenons are pretty much straight up white, during the day they dont look much different than stock, but at night i can tell a big difference, they looked better than my headlights until now!.....does Nokya make H3s??? bout the harness melting, about how long did that take to start happening? is there a better harness that we can get for our cars that wont melt over time?
It took about 14months and two pairs for the harness to melt.. I don't know if they make better harnesses but stock harnesses only cost around $5 each so I'm not too worried...
As for Nokya h3s, they suck.. Looks alot like stock... Might as well get those cheap imitation xenons b/c they look much better... I went with PIAA extreme white h3s.. They're the closest match I can find to the h4s..
Old 01-02-2002, 09:20 PM

Originally posted by RBa

It took about 14months and two pairs for the harness to melt.. I don't know if they make better harnesses but stock harnesses only cost around $5 each so I'm not too worried...
As for Nokya h3s, they suck.. Looks alot like stock... Might as well get those cheap imitation xenons b/c they look much better... I went with PIAA extreme white h3s.. They're the closest match I can find to the h4s..
yeah i just picked up some cheap Xenons for the fogs, i might get some better ones later on, but for now ill stick with ones i have, they look pretty good for now.....harnesses from Nissan only $5 each, lol damn i thought they would charge an arm and leg for that too...anyway.......you dont have clear side markers do you? just trying to decide if i should get them or not......peeps tell me "they wouldnt look right, your car is the wrong color (sterling mist) for clear side markers" anyway just looking for opinions on those too......
Old 01-02-2002, 09:32 PM
RBa

yeah i just picked up some cheap Xenons for the fogs, i might get some better ones later on, but for now ill stick with ones i have, they look pretty good for now.....harnesses from Nissan only $5 each, lol damn i thought they would charge an arm and leg for that too...anyway.......you dont have clear side markers do you? just trying to decide if i should get them or not......peeps tell me "they wouldnt look right, your car is the wrong color (sterling mist) for clear side markers" anyway just looking for opinions on those too......
If you're gonna get the clear sidemarkers, get Polarg 194 wedge bulbs... Their blue is the best color you'll find...
Old 01-02-2002, 09:53 PM

Originally posted by RBa

If you're gonna get the clear sidemarkers, get Polarg 194 wedge bulbs... Their blue is the best color you'll find...
just might go with the clears with the polargs.....but for now does polarg make a bulb to replace the interior step lights? kuz the stock ones are the ugliest yellowest lookin bulbs on the entire car. wanna change those pretty soon......just wonderin if polarg had a bulb to fit there too.
Old 01-02-2002, 10:09 PM
RBa

just might go with the clears with the polargs.....but for now does polarg make a bulb to replace the interior step lights? kuz the stock ones are the ugliest yellowest lookin bulbs on the entire car. wanna change those pretty soon......just wonderin if polarg had a bulb to fit there too.
It's the same bulb used for the clear sidemarkers.. 194
Old 01-02-2002, 10:32 PM

Say NO to PIAA!

My experience with PIAA has been that they make expensive bulbs that do not justify their price (and I'm sure there are a couple other .org members that agree with me).

I've had the Platinum Whites in one of my cars...they were better than stock when I installed them, but not by much. Now, after less than three months, they are pi$$ yellow and worse than stock.

I've had the Xtreme Whites in another car. These had a nice white/blue color...while they lasted. The filament burned out in less than three months. For those two sets of bulbs, which I purchased at the same time, I paid ~$150. WTF?!?

If you look around, there's another thread about some guys PIAA H3's burning out...so spend your money wisely.

In my Max, I've had Catz Galazy Whites for about 6 months now...about $30 cheaper per pair than PIAA. Nice bright white, reflective metallic coating on the whole bulb, last longer than PIAA's (in my experience)...

Pics of the CATZ H4's (notice how they're not rice blue!):

CATZ Galaxy White 1
CATZ Galaxy White 2
CATZ Galaxy White 3
CATZ Galaxy White 4

Pics of the PIAA XW H4's:
PIAA Xtreme White 1
PIAA Xtreme White 2
PIAA Xtreme White 3
PIAA Xtreme White 4

CATZ are better than PIAA's, and a better value too...Just my opinion.

Don't get the PIAA Xtreme White 194's either, they're too blue to actually match anything...WAY too blue (don't know if you can tell by the pictures). And don't get the PIAA Xtreme White corners (1156/7)...as you can see by the picture, they SUCK. Stupid yellow/green color. I've seen much nicer corners.
Old 01-03-2002, 10:42 AM

Originally posted by Ludacris

So ur original pair of XW were defective huh?
No, for some reason, after a couple days after I put them in, the blue came in. I think it might have something to do with my battery. But, I called and complained to PIAA and they sent me an extra pair of the same bulb. I sold those to my cousin who has a honda civic.
Old 01-04-2002, 11:43 PM

Re: Say NO to PIAA!

Hey NJ_MAX2000,

Where are you getting Catz Galaxy's for $30 less than Piaa XW's? I see both for around $60-70 a pair.
Old 01-05-2002, 07:04 PM

Re: Say NO to PIAA!

Originally posted by NJ_MAX2000
My experience with PIAA has been that they make expensive bulbs that do not justify their price (and I'm sure there are a couple other .org members that agree with me).

I've had the Platinum Whites in one of my cars...they were better than stock when I installed them, but not by much. Now, after less than three months, they are pi$$ yellow and worse than stock.

I've had the Xtreme Whites in another car. These had a nice white/blue color...while they lasted. The filament burned out in less than three months. For those two sets of bulbs, which I purchased at the same time, I paid ~$150. WTF?!?

If you look around, there's another thread about some guys PIAA H3's burning out...so spend your money wisely.

In my Max, I've had Catz Galazy Whites for about 6 months now...about $30 cheaper per pair than PIAA. Nice bright white, reflective metallic coating on the whole bulb, last longer than PIAA's (in my experience)...

Pics of the CATZ H4's (notice how they're not rice blue!):

CATZ Galaxy White 1
CATZ Galaxy White 2
CATZ Galaxy White 3
CATZ Galaxy White 4

Pics of the PIAA XW H4's:
PIAA Xtreme White 1
PIAA Xtreme White 2
PIAA Xtreme White 3
PIAA Xtreme White 4

CATZ are better than PIAA's, and a better value too...Just my opinion.

Don't get the PIAA Xtreme White 194's either, they're too blue to actually match anything...WAY too blue (don't know if you can tell by the pictures). And don't get the PIAA Xtreme White corners (1156/7)...as you can see by the picture, they SUCK. Stupid yellow/green color. I've seen much nicer corners.
What color are the CATZ? They look purple like PIAA Plasma's in the pictures. Also, what does the "reflective metallic coating" do?
Old 01-05-2002, 07:27 PM

Re: Re: Say NO to PIAA!

A friend of mine has the Nokyas on his bike - looks great and very bright.

My girlfriend has the PIAAS on her Xterra and I think they suck. They actually seem like they are dimmer than stock, although they look a little whiter.
Old 01-05-2002, 08:21 PM

Re: Re: Say NO to PIAA!

What color are the CATZ? They look purple like PIAA Plasma's in the pictures. Also, what does the "reflective metallic coating" do?
Well, I'm not sure what the metallic coating does, but I speculate that it gives the bulb a nice luminesence: the beam looks white from some angles and gold from other angles. The coating looks like what oil looks like in a puddle of water.

They're not purple at all, more gold/white (you can see it in one of the pics, the beam is yellowish on the side.