5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Where to buy mods in Adelaide?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 10:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Maximum00
Clashez- ah well some of us just cant help but be lovable, damn our addictive charm
It's a curse im telling you , damn these good looks my mom and dad gave me ... well welcome to the forum

Originally Posted by Mr. Brett
It's too bad she's 10,000 miles away.
... And wow! I had no idea Adelaide was in Australia and that maybe I should look there, how silly of me :/
If you didn't know where it is, why are you looking for parts there? Where exactly are you? That might help us point you in the right direction. In the meantime,

is an awesome resource - especially under the shopping tab. Worldwide shipping very accessible nowadays.
Banned

Originally Posted by Mr. Brett
I fawking lawled.

And then the shoot-down.
when they shoot me down i keep coming back for more lol
Old 04-26-2012, 10:35 AM
dot dot dot ...

You guys are embarrassing. Jesus.

OP, threads of interested:

http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...fications.html
http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...t-reviews.html
http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...on-thread.html
http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...ners-step.html

http://forums.maxima.org/international-55/

Last edited by NmexMAX; 04-26-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by phatboislim
LET THE LEG HUMPS BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!! Lemme get your number!!!!! cuz i like me a read head
Read head?? I'm afraid there might be too many numbers, you might get confused

oh and leg humping cant really be that much fun, I'll stick to the adult stuff thanks but you go right ahead

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
You guys are embarrassing. Jesus.
Ohai.

Last edited by NmexMAX; 04-26-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Banned

Originally Posted by Clashez
when they shoot me down i keep coming back for more lol
sorry clashez i have to warn the new peeps about you.atleast i didnt tell them you was a sausage wrangler.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
You guy's are embarrassing. Jesus. :rotz
this could outpace the ghustle thread if she keeps em going like this
Old 04-26-2012, 10:42 AM

[quote=FastnFuriousMax;8453589]It's pretty obvious. She has a bf and is married and getting a divorce. [quote]

No, it's "my boyfriend, soon to be ex-husband," not "my boyfriend and my soon to be ex-husband." big difference.

Anyway, on to the mods. OP - what mods exactly are you looking for (i.e., do you know what CAI & what exhaust you are looking for) and agian, where exactly do you need it shipped to, if it's not Australia?
Old 04-26-2012, 10:47 AM

EuroDriver- sorry, here in Australia sarcasm is our 1st language and yes being well aware of international shopping practices (I am female after all) I am indeed familiar with it, however its the technically aspects of, wtf am I looking for, that I am getting advice on, I hope that clears things up a little

and the relationship status, technically still "married" have to be officially separated 12 months and 1 day here to get a divorce which will be next month for me, and in that time well I experianced life, had a rebound relationship where the guy didnt quite get that he wasnt and never was going to be "the one" no matter how many hints and black eyes were given (by me of course) so he become a stalker *note to you guys, breaking in through a window and trying to watch a girl sleep is not romantic* and now I have a very lovely boyfriend who is perfect for my every need oh and the other stalker is my mechanic
Old 04-26-2012, 10:47 AM

ha, so you are looking for advice on what mods/products are best? Sorry to hear about your domestic issues - sucks to be in a relationship like that.

Tell us a little about your goals (for your car, that is..) Looks? Performance?

Personally, I'm beyond the phase of driving with my hair on fire, so I've dumped my money on the aesthetics. The Max has plenaty of power (for me) as it is, and I enjoy it nice and quiet. Doesn't stop me from mulling over the Vortech SC system though...

Last edited by EuroDriver; 04-26-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:49 AM

I'm starting to think that either this chick isn't a chick, or is a chick that's very well-aware that forum frequenters will start drooling if a chick posts.

Why else would she repeatedly point out that (s)he's a chick?

Old 04-26-2012, 10:54 AM
Banned

Just donot take any advise from Clashez PLEASE he is our forum "Clown Car" owner anyone else has pretty much good taste.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:56 AM

ok back to my car, with my old 1990 maxima I had a few years back I had just a cooler looking dual tip (husbands idea) I don't believe the actual exhaust was any different but it did sound better it had an after market sports chip (?) in it and I was thinking extractors or super charging it but the trans couldn't handle what it had and I don't really want to go there any time soon, so I'm thinking easy things like air intake I should be able to do myself and possible exhaust system if there's no wielding but I don't think that will happen as a guess? but its a start, I want a little extra grunt, I loved the fact that people would watch my tails lights disappear and think wtf when they thought my car was ****.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by merovi
this could outpace the ghustle thread if she keeps em going like this
Old 04-26-2012, 11:00 AM

as for looks, I dont eally like the rear bumper that much might get a new one, hoping theres something already out there that will fit without having to custom make one, thinking chrome rims will look better than the ones I have or maybe black, there is a dent above the rear drivers side wheel arch that will need taking care of, and lots of stones chips but hopefully it wont take much to touch them up, I think it looks better with the spoiler but maybe with a different rear bumper I might change my mind
Old 04-26-2012, 11:02 AM
Banned

ok back to my car, with my old 1990 maxima I had a few years back I had just a cooler looking dual tip (husbands idea) I don't believe the actual exhaust was any different but it did sound better it had an after market sports chip (?) in it and I was thinking extractors or super charging it but the trans couldn't handle what it had and I don't really want to go there any time soon, so I'm thinking easy things like air intake I should be able to do myself and possible exhaust system if there's no wielding but I don't think that will happen as a guess? but its a start, I want a little extra grunt, I loved the fact that people would watch my tails lights disappear and think wtf when they thought my car was ****.
Megan Racing OE-RS exhaust dual 3" tip, 2.5" pipe stainless Steel no welding required
Old 04-26-2012, 11:02 AM

i just wanna say....stateside you have a Infiniti I30, so if you're looking for parts...keep that in mind...but if i were you, coilovers and some wheels and i'd call it a day. personal opinion
Old 04-26-2012, 11:03 AM
Banned

as for looks, I dont eally like the rear bumper that much might get a new one, hoping theres something already out there that will fit without having to custom make one, thinking chrome rims will look better than the ones I have or maybe black, there is a dent above the rear drivers side wheel arch that will need taking care of, and lots of stones chips but hopefully it wont take much to touch them up, I think it looks better with the spoiler but maybe with a different rear bumper I might change my mind
Say no to chrome find some nice Nismo or BBS wheels in 18" then some coilovers
Old 04-26-2012, 11:06 AM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by cjandura
Say no to chrome find some nice Nismo or BBS wheels in 18" then some coilovers
WedsSports, [Volks/GramLights/Rays] etc.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:07 AM

:metalmax:
Old 04-26-2012, 11:08 AM

Look for a berk or frankencar intake with apexi dry filter, my preference at least.

Look for a y-pipe if you want some some horsies out of your exhaust, there are a number of options. Look for a 2.5 inch catback or even a 3 inch if you are really trying to maximize the potential.

If you want even more look into headers instead of a y-pipe, you'll need tuning with this.

Suspension is recommended to get coilovers and some nice bushings all around. can't go wrong with FSTB/RSTB/RSB combinations either.

Enjoy.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:09 AM

oh yes I forget there's different names for the same stuff that helps, Ive been using mostly just the year and make and things come up ok, I have a pic of my car on my page with its current 18" alloys but Im not sure if they are quite right with the chrome trim of the rest of it, what do you mean by "coilovers" it had new (2nd hand) coils replaced about a year ago due to a misfiring issue
Old 04-26-2012, 11:10 AM
Banned

how about we provide some links and pic's for this young lady to refrence because she is probly going WTF is them crazy americans talking about with all these letters?
Old 04-26-2012, 11:12 AM
Banned

oh yes I forget there's different names for the same stuff that helps, Ive been using mostly just the year and make and things come up ok, I have a pic of my car on my page with its current 18" alloys but Im not sure if they are quite right with the chrome trim of the rest of it, what do you mean by "coilovers" it had new (2nd hand) coils replaced about a year ago due to a misfiring issue

http://www.bcracing-na.com/
Old 04-26-2012, 11:14 AM
Banned

ionicdynamics

Old 04-26-2012, 11:14 AM

what do you mean by "coilovers" it had new (2nd hand) coils replaced about a year ago due to a misfiring issue
Coilovers. Or, you may refer to them as adjustable dampers.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:15 AM

Ah! suspension, springs, right I get it lol, what about sway bars etc for handling? maybe
Old 04-26-2012, 11:17 AM

Found this doing a Google search, and the company is in Australia.

http://www.performancesuspension.com.au/
Old 04-26-2012, 11:18 AM

Front Strut Tower Bar
Rear Sway Bar
Reat Strut Tower Bar

All good upgrades but you will also want to get some energy suspension bushing and some nice ball joints/tie rods. They will make a big difference without even getting the aftermarket suff
Old 04-26-2012, 11:20 AM
Banned

Model Number : MR-CBS-NM0002
Megan Racing OE-RS series cat backs are based on factory style, with bigger piping, OEM style polished mufflers and quiet sound. The cat back system is made stainless steel. All piping are mandrel bent with a high polished finish. Exhaust system comes with all the necessary hardware needed for a direct bolt on installation. Improves HP with minimal noise.

SPECIFICATIONS & FEATURES:

- 2.5" diameter piping

- dual 3" tips

- direct bolt-on installation

MSRP: $468.00
Old 04-26-2012, 11:23 AM

and I meant to say I like my car without the rear spoiler like in that picture up there, that looks like my car just different badging, and that one has chrome rims! , judging by my current typing skills I think I best go to bed fellas so far I will be looking into the exhaust side 1st, after audio, Im picking that up tomorrow new head unit (clarion 7" pop up screen media player/navigation thing) new digital amp to run my 2 12" inch subs yay! and 6'9's but Im not sure where they will go? maybe normal 6" speakers will do but the 6'9's are such a good price and rockfordz, I still have to pull all the wires out of my wrecked commodore wagon to recycle, argh, to tired need sleep..

I think the suspension is a must with the way I drive :s so that will come after exhaust, wow what a job this is getting bigger by the minute

coilover= shockers or suspension here I believe

thank you all heaps!! this is a good start, I will have a lot of reading and weighing up to do, but for now its 4am and I have to get up in less then three hours so goodnight fine fellows and adieu

Last edited by NmexMAX; 04-26-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:38 AM
dot dot dot ...

I'm going to close this up for now, there's enough info posted to help get a grip on what you want for your car.