5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

300ZX Caliper Adapters

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I have ONE set left for sale. Bolt on for 3-4 gens. For 5th gens, you have to enlarge 1 set of holes.

I'll probably stop producing these brackets unless there's a larger new interest in them.
Price? and 12.6 is a 6th gen rotor right?
Old 08-06-2012, 03:02 PM

There you go CJ I forgot you were in the market for that but 12.6" is the Altima size he is speaking about that is commonly used for us on the Z32 BB upgrade
Old 08-06-2012, 03:11 PM
I'm needing a caw

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Clarifications probably needed:

1) Making a bracket to use the 300z 4 piston calipers with the 6th gen 12.6" rotors like Matt Blehm did WON'T be sold for $65 shipped. So I take it that's not what is being sold here.
2) I originally made the dog bone brackets for the Z calipers and teh 13" cobra rotors. Originally designed for the 3-4th gens as a bolt on, will work for the 5th gens if you enlarge one set of holes.
3) Cobra rotors on a 6th gen are a bit different from what I read. My brackets won't work. I assume a 6th/5.5? gen bracket with different bolt spacing dimensions is what's being sold here. Someone should clarify
Again, do you guys know what Nizmo is offering for purchase? Since people have signed up already?
Old 08-07-2012, 09:40 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
I didnt know there was an option to buy these. I would have bought the bracket to use the 13" rotors instead of the 11ish I am using now. EBC sells a 11.69" and an 11.02" diameter TT Rotors that is obviously 30mm thick. I personally just think its easier to not use the bracket but I have access to a good machining shop I suppose so my opinion is biased
If you have access to a machine shop put your car on a lift, take measurements and make a set for yourself, and then still keep it to yourself since it wasn't your idea to use rotors off a Cobra. Don't ask the man who did all the research and development to hand over his work so you can plagiarize it.

Both Matt and Jeff have made BBK's for the Maxima. Jeff first came out with the Cobra brackets 8+ years ago.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by MrGone
If you have access to a machine shop put your car on a lift, take measurements and make a set for yourself, and then still keep it to yourself since it wasn't your idea to use rotors off a Cobra. Don't ask the man who did all the research and development to hand over his work so you can plagiarize it.

Both Matt and Jeff have made BBK's for the Maxima. Jeff first came out with the Cobra brackets 8+ years ago.
whoa whoa whoa don't come off to me like I am trying to steal someones work. Do you think he was the first person who came up with the idea to use ZX TT calipers and different rotors? No he took it from someone else that took it from somebody else. The idea has been around since the damn car came out and its a simple metal bracket. Im not discounting what he did for our community but if you say I am trying to steal something? I take offense. Im trying to help people out with making a bracket for our car not passing someone else's work off as my own, which is the definition of plagiarism, so crack open a dictionary before you try to insult me next time and do not call me a thief again
Old 08-07-2012, 11:45 AM

whoa whoa whoa don't come off to me like I am trying to steal someones work. Do you think he was the first person who came up with the idea to use ZX TT calipers and different rotors? No he took it from someone else that took it from somebody else. The idea has been around since the damn car came out and its a simple metal bracket. Im not discounting what he did for our community but if you say I am trying to steal something? I take offense. Im trying to help people out with making a bracket for our car not passing someone else's work off as my own, which is the definition of plagiarism, so crack open a dictionary before you try to insult me next time and do not call me a thief again
Considering that he and I installed the first set of brackets he made at the same time, yes he was the first person to come up with the design and implementation of running a 300zx caliper on a 13" Cobra rotor.

You aren't the first person to come by claiming the false pretenses of helping the community to veil their frugality. He's been doing this for 8+ years and the amount he makes doesn't cover the gas to run to the post office, let alone the time.

You should take offense. As you say it is a simple metal bracket. Go take your own measurements and make the damn thing.

Tuck tail and run, quit running your mouth. You have only broached the surface of designing and building BBKs, and arguing with the guys who have is an interesting tactic. If you don't know the bore and stroke measurements, reservoir capacity, bias, ABS system, hub specs, blah blah blah do your own research. If you produce the dog bones without any thought you'll incur a lot of liability.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:53 AM

The idea to use ZX TT calipers on different platforms has been around since the Z32 came out in the 90's. You are trying to tell me the first person to come up with the idea and the first car it was used on was a maxima? No that is wrong other platforms did it waaaaaaay before you did. I volunteered to have brackets machined if nobody else could to help people out. Not steal measurements to sell brackets to benefit myself.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:13 PM

The idea to use ZX TT calipers on different platforms has been around since the Z32 came out in the 90's. You are trying to tell me the first person to come up with the idea and the first car it was used on was a maxima? No that is wrong other platforms did it waaaaaaay before you did. I volunteered to have brackets machined if nobody else could to help people out. Not steal measurements to sell brackets to benefit myself.
So you completely missed my point, got it.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:47 PM

Old 08-07-2012, 02:15 PM

Knowledge and experience are two different things...
Old 08-07-2012, 02:48 PM
I'm needing a caw

I actually remember the history on this. Chebosto I believe used the 4 piston caliepers and stock 300 rotors. I developed the use of the cobra rotors and these calipers. As did Matt93se. I got the idea from the 300zx guys. I actually asked the guy to make some for maxima (diff dimensions) but he didn't want to. So I then measured everything myself and came up with the design.

I don't know the dimension of Nizmo's brackets but they look seriously like mine. And I believe he bought a set from me. Not sure if he designed a different bracket to his own dimensions or not
Old 08-11-2012, 07:37 PM

Do u still have the brackets left pm me paypal info if u do
Old 08-23-2012, 06:24 AM

Guys quit the **** measuring there is a problem here and maybe we can come together as enthusiasts to solve a problem for the Maxima community

So as of now no one is making brackets for the 12.6 rotors?
and jeff92se has no 13" brackets?
i need a set of either asap what am i to do?
if Nizmo makes the brackets do they come with the rings for the 13" cobra rotors?
Old 08-23-2012, 07:52 AM

Just use the ZX rotors and get them milled down. You do not have to have a bracket
Old 08-24-2012, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by MR.Large
So as of now no one is making brackets for the 12.6 rotors?
and jeff92se has no 13" brackets?

i need a set of either asap what am i to do?
if Nizmo makes the brackets do they come with the rings for the 13" cobra rotors?
That didn't really answer anything.
Can putting a smaller rotor then stock size on your car be called a bbk? I get having more pistons via a larger caliper over stock. but i would rather put a larger off the shelf rotor on my car then having the hassle of buying rotors and then having a machine shop turn them down every time i change rotors out
Old 08-24-2012, 06:52 AM
dot dot dot ...

Since we're digressing,

Two fold, you can get brackets that allow larger rotors using stock calipers.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:36 AM
^ Jeff™

Thread should be closed then since its original purpose can't be met...and people are so hurt their original design is 'copied', regardless of it being in a discontinued status.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by MR.Large
That didn't really answer anything.
Can putting a smaller rotor then stock size on your car be called a bbk? I get having more pistons via a larger caliper over stock. but i would rather put a larger off the shelf rotor on my car then having the hassle of buying rotors and then having a machine shop turn them down every time i change rotors out
uhhhhh how often to you expect to have to change rotors? It not a hassle at all it takes a machine shop an hour and its far from expensive