5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

5th gen Off Topic Thread (Official Ghustle thread v1)

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012 | 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by nelledge
Did you know you can just add water? It says so right on the package.
I cooks mah ramen in vodka
Old 07-10-2012 | 07:36 AM

Fixed.
Orly? Is that a lead into the whole "they both do it" meme? Because that's bunk, Cowboy. In policy terms, the Democratic Party doesn't even exist anymore... they've become latter day Republicans. And today's GOP has been hijacked by nutjobs in their base, and a Plutocratic leadership protecting their own.

It's a madhouse. And where's our Fourth Estate? They sold their souls to Big Pharm.
Old 07-10-2012 | 07:38 AM

This is getting too political for me.

Kthxbai.

Old 07-10-2012 | 07:40 AM
"I'm just sayin'..."

Originally Posted by Rochester
Orly? Is that a lead into the whole "they both do it" meme? Because that's bunk, Cowboy. In policy terms, the Democratic Party doesn't even exist anymore... they've become latter day Republicans. And today's GOP has been hijacked by nutjobs in their base, and a Plutocratic leadership protecting their own.

It's a madhouse. And where's our Fourth Estate? They sold their souls to Big Pharm.
You read too much into that. Were you attacked by a NeoNazi,TeaParty,GunToting, Überconservative with a mustache when you were a boy? I simply meant it was a contradiction for anyone running for government to say they were anti-government. That is all. Geesh.
Old 07-10-2012 | 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by carsnwomen91
unions aren't that great. in canada anyone working in a grocery store is part of UFCW or something of the type which is a union for anyone working with food.

the greatest thing about it is that you can be useless, slow, unqualified and the store has to keep you. you'd have do time theft or steal or not show up for work (still hard to get fired for that) for them to let you go.

downside is that you pay quite a bit in union dues. right now i work 30 hrs a week with sunday and i get like $35 off my paycheck cause i have to pay into the benefit plan. i guess you can say benefits like dental/health/eyecare are an upside but if you barely use one of the three its sucks. benefits sound good till they tell you you need to be there for 2 years to get dental and 5 years for medical... you're paying into it all those years so you can use it, the only benefit of benefits is that they save that money automatically so you don't have to.

another downside is that unions usually have contracts and this year there was a new one and it shafted part timers big time... so now if i supply for a full timer i make my regular 10.50 (min wage is 10.25... whats it like in the states?) at full time hours. i'm given much more responsibility with no extra compensation. last year you got bumped to the lowest full time pay ($14/hr) now you just get hours.

Also you're entitled to you regular 5 cent raise every x amount of hours (sucks) so getting a raise from the manager even if you're working like employee of the year is a pipe dream (but possible). not only cause they're SUPER stingy, but because its not fair to the other employees -thats even when you are more qualified and do more work... go figure -___-

conclusion? unions kinda suck

/rant lol
Some unions are better than others. Take the IBEW (my electrical union). Our wage is decent at 36.05/hr and we have excellent benefits and retirement. You go up to Seattle area and that local is somewhere over 40/hr. It sounds like a large wage, but it barely keeps a guy in middle class these days. Electricians provide one of the most important services in the entire country and we make less than a fourth of what a doctor makes, BUT being part of the union at least means we make a much better wage than non-union electricians and we have better, safer working conditions. In fact, the non-union shops have had to adopt all our policies just so they can keep competing because all these guys were dragging up and joining the union so they could live better lives. Most guys I know in Oregon average 60-80K a year. In the grand scheme, that's barely middle class anymore.
Old 07-10-2012 | 07:42 AM
"I'm just sayin'..."

Originally Posted by aackshun
This is getting too political for me.

Kthxbai.

Says the guy who knows who Sam Brownback is.
Old 07-10-2012 | 07:44 AM

Says the guy who knows who Sam Brownback.
Caught'cho typo suckahhh

I only knew because I figured somehow, someway that action came to his desk... and he approved it... I mean wouldn't the idea of cutting state employee's paychecks pass by him?? I'm pretty sure it would.....

*Was a State of KS employee for 2 years*
Old 07-10-2012 | 07:44 AM

I cooks mah ramen in vodka
baws
Old 07-10-2012 | 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by phatboislim
baws
Hauff
Old 07-10-2012 | 07:50 AM

All I know is... When I first got there... Parkinson wasn't fck **** up!

Then this Brownback guy is all like.... Ahhh fck it cut the paychecks.
Old 07-10-2012 | 07:52 AM
"I'm just sayin'..."

Originally Posted by Galactica
... Most guys I know in Oregon average 60-80K a year. In the grand scheme, that's barely middle class anymore.
You're moaning because of those income numbers? C'mon.
Originally Posted by Rick Newman of US News and World Report
...For the 50 percent of families in the middle of the scale, household income ranges from $51,000...for a typical four-person, two-parent family... Those numbers are from 2008, and have probably fallen 5 to 7 percent since then, on account of the recession.
Old 07-10-2012 | 07:57 AM

But really it's trailmix... Really I'm eating trailmix outta a bag right now on my desk watching poli-boring-cnn-talk on the ghustle thread.
Old 07-10-2012 | 08:00 AM
"I'm just sayin'..."

But really it's trailmix... Really I'm eating trailmix outta a bag right now on my desk watching poli-boring-cnn-talk on the ghustle thread.
Loan me your headers for Maxus.
Old 07-10-2012 | 08:02 AM

You're moaning because of those income numbers? C'mon.
I'm not moaning. I'm just stating fact. It's barely middle class. Kings and Pawns man...
Old 07-10-2012 | 08:03 AM

Loan me your headers for Maxus.
Old 07-10-2012 | 08:04 AM

But really it's trailmix... Really I'm eating trailmix outta a bag right now on my desk watching **** on the interwebz.
At work? Hope they don't catch ya
Old 07-10-2012 | 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by AznRyan
At work? Hope they don't catch ya
My manager is right next to me.

Where teh fck have you been, we demand moar funny
Old 07-10-2012 | 08:05 AM

Sam Brownback...

...turning the clock back on women's rights whenever he can, because God told him so.
Old 07-10-2012 | 08:06 AM

Sam Brownback...

...turning the clock back on women's rights whenever he can, because God told him so.

Women's rights?

But really tho.... I don't follow politics, only what immediate affects me... such as my paycheck

Sometimes I do miss being a Janitor @ the all women's dorm.... Life was good.... Life was VERY good.....

What's that clown up to now?

Last edited by aackshun; 07-10-2012 at 08:09 AM.
Old 07-10-2012 | 08:10 AM
"I'm just sayin'..."

Give me yo headers, first.
Old 07-10-2012 | 08:11 AM

what's this poligrip yall talking about
Old 07-10-2012 | 08:14 AM
"I'm just sayin'..."

I'm not moaning. I'm just stating fact. It's barely middle class. Kings and Pawns man...
To provide some perspective:
Originally Posted by U.S. CENSUS BUREAU
According to 2010 ACS, 46.2 million people or about 15.3 percent of the U.S. population had income below their respective poverty threshold during the year.
You, sir, are one of the Kings.
Old 07-10-2012 | 08:15 AM
"I'm just sayin'..."

what's this poligrip yall talking about
Keep eating that potato bread and you'll know all there is to know about poligrip.
Old 07-10-2012 | 08:15 AM

My manager is right next to me.

Where teh fck have you been, we demand moar funny
I took an involuntary extended leave from real life
Old 07-10-2012 | 08:18 AM
"I'm just sayin'..."

Coma or secondhand party exhaust?
Old 07-10-2012 | 08:20 AM

Old 07-10-2012 | 08:29 AM

To provide some perspective:
You, sir, are one of the Kings.

Too bad I don't live like one... What about you? Do you consider yourself a "king"? Do you feel like a king? You realize that most of the wealth of the country is owned by a very small percentage of its population. I'm not complaining about my life or what I've achieved, but I definitely do not live like a king. I am part of a rapidly shrinking population of people that is not worried about paying their bills every month. That's what scares me. Just how many people live at or below the poverty level and how fast that group of people is growing.
Old 07-10-2012 | 08:31 AM

Give me yo headers, first.
After you sign up for maxus.

That's called #Ghustling.
Old 07-10-2012 | 08:35 AM

Keep eating that potato bread and you'll know all there is to know about poligrip.
Old 07-10-2012 | 08:37 AM

Too bad I don't live like one... What about you? Do you consider yourself a "king"? Do you feel like a king? You realize that most of the wealth of the country is owned by a very small percentage of its population. I'm not complaining about my life or what I've achieved, but I definitely do not live like a king. I am part of a rapidly shrinking population of people that is not worried about paying their bills every month. That's what scares me. Just how many people live at or below the poverty level and how fast that group of people is growing.
I make a decent wage for my lifestyle, which is very tame. My most extravagant expenditure is my car. And even that was managed and planned as a reasonable purchase. And yet each year my effective income goes down, while health insurance and energy costs go up. Thank goodness I've been saving for retirement, but even those funds are suspect because they're tied into Wall Street.

We're very middle class, economically speaking. But it's shrinking year over year over year.

I'm not a king.
Old 07-10-2012 | 08:43 AM
"I'm just sayin'..."

I imagine it's all perspective.
Originally Posted by Branko Milanovic, a World Bank economist
America IS the 1%:
You need just $34,000 annual income to be in the global elite...
and HALF the world's richest people live in the U.S.
Old 07-10-2012 | 08:44 AM
"I'm just sayin'..."

"Oh, but all I have is this new G37."
Old 07-10-2012 | 08:45 AM

wonder if Chester will actually listen to the lyrics of this song

Cliff notes: speaking of not growing up w/ a dad..deadbeat dad
Old 07-10-2012 | 08:51 AM
"I'm just sayin'..."

Speaking of impoverished, someone with experience tell me the best way to replace balljoints without a large, shop press so I don't have to pay the man. The balljoint press kits that can be rented are junk for our control arms. There are no adapters that will fit.
Old 07-10-2012 | 08:57 AM

Speaking of impoverished, someone with experience tell me the best way to replace balljoints without a large, shop press so I don't have to pay the man. The balljoint press kits that can be rented are junk for our control arms. There are no adapters that will fit.
Big ol' hammer.

But it cost me $40 to have both control arms done w/ end links and bushings installed.....
Old 07-10-2012 | 08:59 AM

"Oh, but all I have is this new G37."
Saved up for many years, research and planning, resulting in a used car.

Your reading comprehension isn't what it used to be.

wonder if Chester will actually listen to the lyrics of this song
Nah. Gold chain fail.
Old 07-10-2012 | 09:01 AM

****... One of my stickers is messed up...
Old 07-10-2012 | 09:03 AM

Some unions are better than others. Take the IBEW (my electrical union). Our wage is decent at 36.05/hr and we have excellent benefits and retirement. You go up to Seattle area and that local is somewhere over 40/hr. It sounds like a large wage, but it barely keeps a guy in middle class these days. Electricians provide one of the most important services in the entire country and we make less than a fourth of what a doctor makes, BUT being part of the union at least means we make a much better wage than non-union electricians and we have better, safer working conditions. In fact, the non-union shops have had to adopt all our policies just so they can keep competing because all these guys were dragging up and joining the union so they could live better lives. Most guys I know in Oregon average 60-80K a year. In the grand scheme, that's barely middle class anymore.
Yeah...when I lived in NJ I was making $54k a year. People said I was making ALOT of money.....please...my rent was $1000/mth ONE BEDROOM, car ins was $260/mth full coverage on ONE CAR, Food expensive, Gas was like $4+/gal then, Electric bill was more expensive, Laundry, home phone, etc...and this was BEFORE taxes.....I was single at the time so they took about 35-40% every check.....left me with takehome about $30-32K a year....in EXPENSIVE AZZ NJ.......I was barely making it.

I make a decent wage for my lifestyle, which is very tame. My most extravagant expenditure is my car. And even that was managed and planned as a reasonable purchase. And yet each year my effective income goes down, while health insurance and energy costs go up. Thank goodness I've been saving for retirement, but even those funds are suspect because they're tied into Wall Street.

We're very middle class, economically speaking. But it's shrinking year over year over year.

I'm not a king.
This is what is going on. Prices go up, food, gas, health insurance, rent, electric bill, cable bill, etc.....but salary is stagnant or increases VERY little every year. So effectively you are making LESS and LESS every year. This is what causes people to stop spending so much. When people stop spending then DEMAND goes down and these "JOB CREATORS" lay people off. The more people layed off the LESS people making money and the people that are laid off stop spending because they dont have jobs at all. So demand goes even LOWER and the "JOB CREATORS" lay even more people off. Its simple economics we all learned in school. MAKE MORE MONEY = SPEND MORE MONEY. There is nothing magical about it. The problem is when you have a VERY VERY small amount of people making 90% of the money and 90% of the people making 10% of the money. That is why the economy taking SOOOO long to come back. Companies dont want to hire people, especially since they can outsrouce the jobs to Mexico, Brazil and the favored CHINA for WAY WAY less than they can hire an American for. These companies then turn around and sell these products to Americans and make BILLIONS AND BILLIONS in profit. So they are not hurting at all. While they are swimming in the cash Americans are out of work struggling, trying to make a living anyway they can. Some government officials want to even get rid of min wage because they believe it hurts businesses and doesnt allow us to compete globally...what a piece of GARBAGE.....how are we supposed to compete with 3rd world communist countries??? NEVER.

So until companies start hiring US CITIZENS and stop the greed shipping jobs overseas then the economy going to stay garbage. Everyone complain about illegal immigrants...blame the US companies hiring them. They are creating the demand. If they stopped hiring them then they would not even want to be here!! The economy works when everyone else WORKS. Not a few people making ALL the money and everyone else begging for scraps. Traitor US Companies ship jobs to other companies and pay NO TAXES at all, but they want to raise taxes on the remaining working people to compensate for the governments loss of tax revenue, but corporations dont have to pay......cmon man.
Old 07-10-2012 | 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17
****... One of my stickers is messed up...
I hate it when that happens.

And before you think I'm mocking you, let me just say I'm not. You may recall I had quite a few stickers under the hood of my old Maxima, as well as rocking my 4DSC design on both cars.

Now, I may mock you if you describe said sticker. No guarantees there.
Old 07-10-2012 | 09:07 AM
"I'm just sayin'..."

Big ol' hammer.

But it cost me $40 to have both control arms done w/ end links and bushings installed.....
You can't install a balljoint with a BOH and expect it to last.

Quick Reply: 5th gen Off Topic Thread (Official Ghustle thread v1)