5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

HeHeHe: Automajik Maxima vs. Ricer Civic

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2002, 05:16 PM

HeHeHe: Automajik Maxima vs. Ricer Civic

My pop's got a 2001 Maxima automajik and i haven't really been able to drive it around and see what everyone's complaint with the auto was, so, I decided to borrow for the night...

impressions: well, after driving car(s) that have less torque than most hand drills, it's kinda nice to have instant power, rather than waiting to build it up. It's definitely slower than my CRX, but, it responds MUCH MUCH quicker to throttle response. God i miss torque. The automajik does seem like it's confused on what gear it wants to be in when you give it some gas...

anyways, driving down the las vegas strip, i see those token ricey blue headlamps pull up behind me. Further inspection i see the ricey interior neons and what looked like white interior...but couldn't tell. I'm thinking, hey, what the hell... might as well see if he wants to run.
I slow down enough to make him pull around me...turns out it's a civic hatch, red, with white rims and some ugly vinyl stickers plastered to the side. It also had a rear deck spoiler on the rear portion of the ROOF! The ricey altezza taillamps as well! This thing was classic! I almost wished I had my CRX with me...
Eventually, after enough flooring it, dropping back down and flooring it, the civic bit.
The civic floored it, i let him get a car length in front and I floored it (at around 30mph)...tranny drops two gears. The tranny upshifts after a quick jolt of acceleration and i'm matching his pace. in the middle of the gear, i'm gaining...top of the gear, I'm next to him. Upshift. I'm passing him quite quickly. I flip the hazards on and laugh. I wanted to let him know he just got beat by a stock Maxima with an automajik...but, he made the quickest right turn i've ever seen anyone make. I wish i had it on video, but, my friend's (who was following us...or at least trying - he drives a focus) video camera's battery died. arg.

Eh, it was fun....
Old 01-06-2002, 05:40 PM

Re: HeHeHe: Automajik Maxima vs. Ricer Civic

wahahaha! These are the funniest stories, when kids think they've got fast cars that are truly sub-optimally tuned lawn mowers. Not to knock Civics...I got my butt thoroughly kicked by one at the race track.

But last night, my brother and I just rolling home from a night on the town in his CL-S (classy car, tint, lowered). This wigged out civic pulls up BWAAAAAA in low gear and starts this lurching thing, trying to bait us. My bro gives him one lurch, the guy takes off, bro gives him an over one second head start, then hits it. VROOOOOOM, poor kid could only watch the blur pass him...he asked for it and he got
Old 01-06-2002, 06:30 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Nice story. Thanks for the chuckle...
Old 01-06-2002, 06:55 PM

Driven.... Nice CRX! A guy I know and who worked on my Accord has a white CRX, with all the usual CRX mods *ahem* B18C5 jheh.
Old 01-07-2002, 04:21 PM

I love those stories they make me laugh
Old 01-07-2002, 05:32 PM

Re: Re: HeHeHe: Automajik Maxima vs. Ricer Civic

Originally posted by Spartan5

But last night, my brother and I just rolling home from a night on the town in his CL-S (classy car, tint, lowered). This wigged out civic pulls up BWAAAAAA in low gear and starts this lurching thing, trying to bait us. My bro gives him one lurch, the guy takes off, bro gives him an over one second head start, then hits it. VROOOOOOM, poor kid could only watch the blur pass him...he asked for it and he got
On the flip side, I saw this past weekend an electron blue (aren't they all that color ) Civic SI beat an M3. The Civic tried to bait me into racing and when I wouldn't bite he moved onto the M3 who I'm sure the driver of the M3 was surprised to see a Civic whip up on him.
Old 01-07-2002, 05:52 PM

I DON'T BELIEVE YOU!!!

There's NO WAY you beat a Honda Civic is a stock Maxima! You're just a PW trying to get a better label next to your new handle or something. Yeah, that's what I think...

By the way, I bet you didn't know you can open the trunk on a Maxima from INSIDE the vehicle??? Yeah, there's this button on the driver's door with a picture of a car on it. If you pull the button, the trunk opens. COOL!!! You don't even have to use your key. The first time I hit it, I thought the engine fell out or something. It was really amazing! And, I've had my Maxima for almost three years!

Tell your Dad to start using it...

ADMAN
Old 01-07-2002, 07:38 PM

Re: Re: HeHeHe: Automajik Maxima vs. Ricer Civic

Originally posted by adman
I DON'T BELIEVE YOU!!!

There's NO WAY you beat a Honda Civic is a stock Maxima! You're just a PW trying to get a better label next to your new handle or something. Yeah, that's what I think...

By the way, I bet you didn't know you can open the trunk on a Maxima from INSIDE the vehicle??? Yeah, there's this button on the driver's door with a picture of a car on it. If you pull the button, the trunk opens. COOL!!! You don't even have to use your key. The first time I hit it, I thought the engine fell out or something. It was really amazing! And, I've had my Maxima for almost three years!

Tell your Dad to start using it...

ADMAN
Yeah, we accidently locked the dog in the trunk... we had to take it to a nissan dealership to get him out, cause we didn't want to shut the car off, or the trunk wouldn't get any ventilation... and we found out we couldn't lock the doors cause the car was still on and the doors were open...
Old 01-07-2002, 07:43 PM

DOH!