5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

NEED HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 01:58 PM

NEED HELP!

Got a 00 Maxima... I just connected the fog lights to the corner parking lights and they were working fine then.they dont work now at all... What could it be.. I checked fuses and.they all fine... Neither parking light or fog lights work now... But like I said... They were working fine nd just cut off...
Old 07-11-2012, 02:09 PM

Did you do it right?

Doubt you checked the right fuses...there's a 7.5A fuse that you should change to a 10A. I belive the writeup on vqpower tells you to change it, as a matter of fact.

Go to the fuse box under the dash and replace the "tail light" 7.5 amp fuse with a 10 amp. This is especially important if you have rewired your fog lights to your bumper lenses and/or your corners. If you keep blowing fuses, you probably forgot to change the fuse.
^^The 4th gen write-up tells you to change fuses.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Amerikaner83
Did you do it right?

Doubt you checked the right fuses...there's a 7.5A fuse that you should change to a 10A. I belive the writeup on vqpower tells you to change it, as a matter of fact.

^^The 4th gen write-up tells you to change fuses.

Yea I did it right bcuz it was working fine... I didn't connect them to the bumper lights I connected then to the turn signals in the front... I just ran it 2 the positive and negative wires on the bulb.. My signal works fine... The light doesn't go tho
Old 07-11-2012, 03:32 PM

it's NOT working fine, or else you wouldn't be posting here.

you routed your FOG LIGHT to the TURN SIGNAL light? don't do that. that's probably why it ain't working. The turn signal light takes so little power.

Do it right. Read the writeup on how to do it. It involves the relay box.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Amerikaner83
it's NOT working fine, or else you wouldn't be posting here.

you routed your FOG LIGHT to the TURN SIGNAL light? don't do that. that's probably why it ain't working. The turn signal light takes so little power.

Do it right. Read the writeup on how to do it. It involves the relay box.

My car didnt come with the fog lights I added them on... I dont no.how to make them work as if they were factory... there isnt a fuse I could.change on the turn signal so I could make it work the wat I wired it up?
Old 07-11-2012, 10:01 PM

FYI:

A Thread title like " NEED HELP " signifies two things to members:

1. You're so frantically in need of assistance that you couldn't be bothered to write a descriptive useful title. This rush is because
a) Your car won't start and you need to get to work
b) Your car won't start and your wife is in labour and you need to get to the hospital
c) Your car won't start and you're a White man stranded in the Hood

2. You're lazy and hoping that a title that looks so urgent will bring people into your thread, where you'll wow them with your ridiculously unimportant, and poorly put together issue. wow them so much, that they'll have no choice but to purposefully Ignore this thread and your questions.

Just FYI. Not at all related to this thread.