5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2000, 09:23 PM

I have a question about fog lights. I noticed the fog lights are somehow connected to the headlight unit. Like when u use the hi-beam, the fog lights turns off. or when the parking lights are turned on, the fog lights doesn't come on unitl the headlight has been switched on. Since I joined the forum not too long, I hope I am not repeating an old thread. Anyway back to my question, is there a way to make the fog lights come on while the hi-beam is on or have the fog lights come on with the parking lights on. Perhaps a switch of another relay? I don't know. Just checking.
Thanks

Old 11-10-2000, 09:32 PM

Originally posted by nizmomx
I have a question about fog lights. I noticed the fog lights are somehow connected to the headlight unit. Like when u use the hi-beam, the fog lights turns off. or when the parking lights are turned on, the fog lights doesn't come on unitl the headlight has been switched on. Since I joined the forum not too long, I hope I am not repeating an old thread. Anyway back to my question, is there a way to make the fog lights come on while the hi-beam is on or have the fog lights come on with the parking lights on. Perhaps a switch of another relay? I don't know. Just checking.
Thanks

check the FAQ page on maxima.org
Old 11-11-2000, 08:57 AM

The FAQ section has the directions to make the fogs turn on with the Parking lights. I've done this and have tried playing with a way to make them STAY on with the high beams, if anyone has figured this out please let us all know.

Old 11-11-2000, 08:07 PM

why not......

...get a cool set of after market fogs and ADD them on ..wire 'em to the high beams?
Old 11-12-2000, 05:33 AM

Thats sure an option Leo, but I would like the factory fogs to stay on with the brights. Don't want to add too much "clutter" to the front end by putting more light up there.

Old 11-12-2000, 06:42 AM

Originally posted by 2KSE
Thats sure an option Leo, but I would like the factory fogs to stay on with the brights. Don't want to add too much "clutter" to the front end by putting more light up there.
I think it is a design feature and cannot be overridden on a 2K. The combination of high beams and fogs is too bright for oncoming traffic. Why would you need this entire combination of lights on at the same time anyway? I think it looks cool when I flash my brights at the slow driver in front of me and the fogs cycle on and off!
Old 11-12-2000, 07:55 AM

I know what your saying about the "flash" - I agree. But when traveling down a dark road at night with no other traffic any extra light you can get helps. I tried figuring it out when I wired my fogs to be on with the parking lights but kept blowing fuses so I just gave up. There's gotta be way though.

Old 11-12-2000, 05:56 PM

well.....

if your using fogs for their true prurpose, (to cut through fog) you wouldnt use them in combo with the HI's, 'cause you know what happens when you put on the hi's in a fog...It gets even foggier... right? so what you really need to do is get a set of extra driving lamps...yeah I know....the clutter. But really the factory fogs are SO weak that they wouldnt add much to your high beam. In fact i would bet that if you had your hi beams on and were able to swith the fogs on in addtion, you wouldnt even be able to notice 'em
Old 11-12-2000, 08:54 PM

FOG LIGHTS

I'M ALSO INTERESTED IN REWIRING FOGS, AND I'VE CHECKED FAQ PAGE, AND I CAN'T FIND INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO REWIRE THEM. IF ANY OF YOU COULD PASTE IT UP, IT BE NICE,
THNX