5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

AE Body Kit for an 02 SE

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2002, 11:01 AM

AE Body Kit for an 02 SE

I am thinking of adding a body kit to my car. I like the subtle look of the 01 AE. Does anyone know if the AE will fit on my 02 SE? I think I only need front and rear valance and my car already comes witht he sides.
Old 01-11-2002, 11:02 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: AE Body Kit for an 02 SE

Originally posted by MaxRPM
I am thinking of adding a body kit to my car. I like the subtle look of the 01 AE. Does anyone know if the AE will fit on my 02 SE? I think I only need front and rear valance and my car already comes witht he sides.
Front spoiler won't fit (educated assumption). Rear is probably not a problem.
Old 01-11-2002, 11:04 AM

Re: Re: AE Body Kit for an 02 SE

Originally posted by MichaelAE

Front spoiler won't fit (educated assumption). Rear is probably not a problem.

what he said...
Old 01-11-2002, 11:07 AM

Re: AE Body Kit for an 02 SE

Your only problem will be the front lip.

The front lip won't fit because the bottom of the front fascia is different. The AE side skirts are bolder than the 2K2 side skirts and should fit fine if you decide to use the AE side skirts. The rear valance pieces should fit fine.

I got the OEM AE kit from my Nissan dealer and Nissan showed the AE kit as available for all 00-01 Maximas.

Sorry I can't be more positive.
Old 01-11-2002, 11:14 AM

ummm I know the front bumper is different specialy at the top part, but the bottom looks the same, granted I haven't really looked at it. Maybe if the dealer has one in stock I could match it up to see if it fits.

Anyone know the cost of each piece? Since I just want the front and ack.
Old 01-11-2002, 11:32 AM

From looking at the 2002 Max and 2001 Max side by side on the dealer lot the 2002 has larger fogs so the AE kit won't fit around the fogs.

If you don't get the front valance when you look at the Max from the side won't the back of the car seem lower(due to rear valance) than the front?

I like the AE kit though keep us posted.
Old 01-11-2002, 12:40 PM
OG and counting...

Trust me, it can be done

I have already thrown this question to a dealer in my neck of the woods and they say it can be done. I do have a feeling that you are right about the lights, though.
Old 01-11-2002, 04:12 PM

ummm I know the front bumper is different specialy at the top part, but the bottom looks the same, granted I haven't really looked at it. Maybe if the dealer has one in stock I could match it up to see if it fits.

You don't want to buy just the front and back because they come unpainted and are extremely expensive. It is cheaper to buy the whole kit and then sell the sides. Keep in mind though, that the 2K2 sides won't completely match with the AE front and back cause the AE sides are more vertical and less beveled.
Old 01-11-2002, 04:22 PM

Originally posted by Maximum Velocity

You don't want to buy just the front and back because they come unpainted and are extremely expensive. It is cheaper to buy the whole kit and then sell the sides. Keep in mind though, that the 2K2 sides won't completely match with the AE front and back cause the AE sides are more vertical and less beveled.
So about how much $$$ did the AE kit cost U? Just courious
Old 01-11-2002, 07:27 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

the front WON'T fit..and that's with a 1,000% guarantee..sorry guys..just wait little bit more..Stillen's probably working on a new bodykit for the 02s.
Old 01-11-2002, 11:24 PM

Originally posted by perrymaxima

So about how much $$$ did the AE kit cost U? Just courious
About 1100 shipped...but yours will be less if you live in the continental US.
Old 01-12-2002, 09:22 AM

Originally posted by Maximum Velocity

About 1100 shipped...but yours will be less if you live in the continental US.
Was it painted or unpainted and did you put it on yourself or did a bodyshop do it for U. What was the total price? if you don't mind me asking.
Old 01-12-2002, 09:34 AM

Was it painted or unpainted and did you put it on yourself or did a bodyshop do it for U. What was the total price? if you don't mind me asking.
I got the same kit as Maximum Velocity from my local Nissan dealer. The kit comes painted for a perfect factory match. It comes with all mounting hardware incuding screws and double-sided tape. The kit cost me $1000 + tax. Maximum installed the kit himself. I had a local shop do the install for $200 + tax. The installation is difficult and requires drilling which is why I paid for installation.

The kit looks really good on the 5th gen and really compliments our cars without being overblown. The only other kit I considered is the Stillen kit but it comes unpainted and has a more rounded look. I am an avid bike rider and the Stillen rear valence would completely block my receiver hitch which would prevent me from using my hitch mount bike rack.
Old 01-12-2002, 12:03 PM

This is why the front kit won't fit

for those of you who think i'm wrong...

see the difference?
Old 01-12-2002, 12:43 PM

Re: This is why the front kit won't fit

Originally posted by irvine78
for those of you who think i'm wrong...

see the difference?
Damn Nissan! I knew that from my own observation I would love to have the AE kit on my 02 MAX. The front valence is the star of the show and I can't get that with my 02...
Old 01-13-2002, 12:18 PM

Re: Re: This is why the front kit won't fit

Damn Nissan! I knew that from my own observation I would love to have the AE kit on my 02 MAX. The front valence is the star of the show and I can't get that with my 02...
if u really like the AE kit, then just go buy a 00-01 front bumper and then install the kit!!
Old 01-14-2002, 06:43 AM

if u really like the AE kit, then just go buy a 00-01 front bumper and then install the kit!!
Good idea, but then I would have to replace the fogs as well I like the kit but that would be too expensive.
Old 01-14-2002, 10:32 AM

Good idea, but then I would have to replace the fogs as well I like the kit but that would be too expensive.
doh! well then...ur just gonna have to buy either the fascia or wait for the 2K2 bodykit...Stillen has to come out with the new kit soon..it's been almost 6 months since they had the car..
Old 01-14-2002, 11:16 AM

doh! well then...ur just gonna have to buy either the fascia or wait for the 2K2 bodykit...Stillen has to come out with the new kit soon..it's been almost 6 months since they had the car..
"Still-ing" huh I guess I'm going to have to use my life savings to buy that one. I'll buy it if it ain't rounded like the 2000-01 kit
Old 01-14-2002, 01:16 PM

"Still-ing" huh I guess I'm going to have to use my life savings to buy that one. I'll buy it if it ain't rounded like the 2000-01 kit
ah..so u don't like round kits? well..then there's always the fiber-glass-if-you-hit-me-i-will-crack-Ninja kit..but personally, i think Maximas with too sharp-lined kits are too much..we ain't Hondas..
Old 01-14-2002, 01:22 PM

ah..so u don't like round kits? well..then there's always the fiber-glass-if-you-hit-me-i-will-crack-Ninja kit..but personally, i think Maximas with too sharp-lined kits are too much..we ain't Hondas..
Ninja... Don't like it I like the A.E. kit the best I wish Nissan would wake up and do like Acura does for its 3.2TL and offer the body kit as an option. That would be nice...
Old 01-14-2002, 05:21 PM

Ninja... Don't like it I like the A.E. kit the best I wish Nissan would wake up and do like Acura does for its 3.2TL and offer the body kit as an option. That would be nice...
What does the TL bodykit look like? I've never seen it..
Old 01-14-2002, 05:35 PM

well, since u can always buy the AE kit thru ur 'friendly' Nissan dealership, in a way, that's a factory option.

Ludacris: the factory TL bodykit looks nice..subtle yet noticible. it's like the AE kit..little bit sharper at the edges and minus the front scoops.