5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

control center not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 07:53 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

control center not working

hi all,
my '03 max only show the temp. i cant access it from steering wheel control at all. previous owner had aftermarket radio installed and i believe it has something to do with it. could it be true? also my gas gauge seems to only be accurate from 1/2 tank to full,anything below half is running out of gas. any help is appreciated.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by sterl
hi all,
my '03 max only show the temp. i cant access it from steering wheel control at all. previous owner had aftermarket radio installed and i believe it has something to do with it. could it be true? also my gas gauge seems to only be accurate from 1/2 tank to full,anything below half is running out of gas. any help is appreciated.

since he added an aftermarket head unit, this is perfectly normal. you need an adapter to get it working again

the fuel issue can be two things in my opinion, a strainer on your fuel pump has disconnected, or your fuel pump assembly is failing (the level that measures the fuel)

when I replaced my pump, my wires were a bit burnt. if yours is worse than mine, this can be your issue
Old 04-06-2013, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Aviation005

since he added an aftermarket head unit, this is perfectly normal. you need an adapter to get it working again

the fuel issue can be two things in my opinion, a strainer on your fuel pump has disconnected, or your fuel pump assembly is failing (the level that measures the fuel)

when I replaced my pump, my wires were a bit burnt. if yours is worse than mine, this can be your issue
^^PLEASE stop giving advice.
The odds are stacked against you.
Don't give advice to the noobs just because they don't know about you.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:33 AM
Banned

Bro Ground the brown and white wire on the small white plug thats hanging loose behind your radio problem fixed

Ps DO Not take advise from Planecrash005 not listening to us caused him to blow his engine be warned.!
Old 04-06-2013, 06:35 AM

^^^Now there is someone you can trust.

Old 04-06-2013, 06:58 AM

Old 04-06-2013, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by cjandura
Bro Ground the brown and white wire on the small white plug thats hanging loose behind your radio problem fixed

Ps DO Not take advise from Planecrash005 not listening to us caused him to blow his engine be warned.!
dude your such a ***. my engine blowing was due to my mechanics fault.

people just straight up lie at this point to discredit me

i didnt know grounding those wires worked, cool

what I said will work as well.

what is causing his fuel issue

Last edited by Aviation005; 04-06-2013 at 07:11 AM.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:20 AM

Name:  windowlicker_zps87c79636.png
Views: 30
Size:  73.4 KB

aaaaannnnnndddddd........

Name:  planecrash_zps6ea8028a-1_zps124dff94.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  31.0 KB
Old 04-06-2013, 07:27 AM
Banned

Ill be a *** but i have.

1997 maxima original owner with 230k on it
2003 maxima with 78k on the body and 16k on the engine
2008 altima 164k
2002 pathfinder 116k
2009 GTR 91k

All my cars run just fine leak no oil and have no issues and i dont need a mechanic to do my work i pay attention to what has been taught to me on here and what i have learned on my own and yes i have done stupid things to my car and f'ed them up but atleast i could fix them myself and with help of the .org members.so why dont you listen sometimes instead of of running yourself head first into the ground and then come crawling back to us for advise that you will only toss away and make comments like you did to me above.i only warned the new member because the simple fact that 99% of what advise you give is wrong and also the fact that if you can not do the work to yourself and fully understand the workings of your car you should not be giving advise on fixing things.

Oh and btw grounding that wire also fixes the gauge issue
Old 04-06-2013, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Fakie J Farkerton
^^PLEASE stop giving advice.
The odds are stacked against you.
Don't give advice to the noobs just because they don't know about you.

hi all,
'sterl' I suggest that if you want ONLY good advice do this ASAP...
Old 04-06-2013, 07:51 AM

dude your such a ***. my engine blowing was due to my mechanics fault.

people just straight up lie at this point to discredit me

i didnt know grounding those wires worked, cool

what I said will work as well.

what is causing his fuel issue
Old 04-06-2013, 07:52 AM

Ill be a ***
Can't you guys just leave it at that and stop there?

And sterl, the fuel strainer (filter) inside your fuel pump isn't going to simply "disconnect" all on it's own. It's not a condom.

It's a shame this happened to your thread. Good luck.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rochester

And sterl, the fuel strainer (filter) inside your fuel pump isn't going to simply "disconnect" all on it's own. It's not a condom.

Oh come here sweetheart get sum lubbin.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by T_Behr904
Explains it all.

And OP, we are sorry about your thread, but planecrash.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:17 PM

if it was not the wires, my thesis's are perfectly within reason

and I had my fuel pump replaced. I know all about the strainer and tiny metal clip.

someone owned the car before him? it could be that someone effed it up installing

I am not planecrash, I mean it, I find it funny you all think that. Its very ironic someone else acts just like me.. real, and trying to help.

i have seen so many people post something, they get flamed for no good reason, then they say, I had no idea such a basic question would yield a hostile response

I have seen this countless times on these forums. People are just ****s for no reason.

I have never personally attacked ANYONE on these forums.

Yes I have very different mods/ideas, but I promise, I have seen efficiency/power gains with each one. I would not lie about that. As I said before, to each their own. I hate how you all judge before testing anything. Also, when I'm wrong, i admit it. I truly am here to help in the end.. which is more than I can say about most of you..

keeping it real
Old 04-06-2013, 01:55 PM

my thesis's are perfectly within reason
Thesis?

Old 04-06-2013, 02:08 PM
Banned

if it was not the wires, my thesis's are perfectly within reason

and I had my fuel pump replaced. I know all about the strainer and tiny metal clip.

someone owned the car before him? it could be that someone effed it up installing

I am not planecrash, I mean it, I find it funny you all think that. Its very ironic someone else acts just like me.. real, and trying to help.

i have seen so many people post something, they get flamed for no good reason, then they say, I had no idea such a basic question would yield a hostile response

I have seen this countless times on these forums. People are just ****s for no reason.

I have never personally attacked ANYONE on these forums.

Yes I have very different mods/ideas, but I promise, I have seen efficiency/power gains with each one. I would not lie about that. As I said before, to each their own. I hate how you all judge before testing anything. Also, when I'm wrong, i admit it. I truly am here to help in the end.. which is more than I can say about most of you..

keeping it real
Thesis? Oh FFS WTF grab a dictonary bro understand the words your using before you use them.

And BTW Hows That Engine Running how many of your"Thesis" did it take before the engine went rumble rumble spit spit clunk?
Old 04-06-2013, 02:55 PM

i have the same issue with my 02 Max, does gounding the brown and white wire really work ?? and were would i gound it too ????
Old 04-06-2013, 02:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fatboy98maxima

i have the same issue with my 02 Max, does gounding the brown and white wire really work ?? and were would i gound it too ????
Anywhere metal
Old 04-06-2013, 03:16 PM

Anywhere metal
Thanxs i will try it this comeing week
Old 04-06-2013, 07:03 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

let me know

Originally Posted by Fatboy98maxima
Thanxs i will try it this comeing week
let me know how it works and wat u done please? thanks
Old 04-06-2013, 07:16 PM

sterl, trust cj, there is only one person on here who knows more about electricity than him on here. His fix will work.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

thanks

this adapter, what is it called,where can i purchase,is it expensive(avg cost)?
thank you
Old 04-06-2013, 07:21 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by litch
sterl, trust cj, there is only one person on here who knows more about electricity than him on here. His fix will work.
so should i cut the brown/white wires from the white plug that is hanging? tie them(the wires) together and connect them to ground?
thanks
Old 04-06-2013, 07:26 PM
Banned

so should i cut the brown/white wires from the white plug that is hanging? tie them(the wires) together and connect them to ground?
thanks
Yes cut then ground i have mine grounded to the back of the radio
Old 04-06-2013, 07:28 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Ill be a *** but i have.

1997 maxima original owner with 230k on it
2003 maxima with 78k on the body and 16k on the engine
2008 altima 164k
2002 pathfinder 116k
2009 GTR 91k

All my cars run just fine leak no oil and have no issues and i dont need a mechanic to do my work i pay attention to what has been taught to me on here and what i have learned on my own and yes i have done stupid things to my car and f'ed them up but atleast i could fix them myself and with help of the .org members.so why dont you listen sometimes instead of of running yourself head first into the ground and then come crawling back to us for advise that you will only toss away and make comments like you did to me above.i only warned the new member because the simple fact that 99% of what advise you give is wrong and also the fact that if you can not do the work to yourself and fully understand the workings of your car you should not be giving advise on fixing things.

Oh and btw grounding that wire also fixes the gauge issue
well does that mean i can clip the plug, strip the brown and white wires, and tie them in to the radio ground of the harness(black wire)?
Old 04-06-2013, 07:36 PM

sterl, don overthink it, electricity is scary, I get this, believe me mang, but just do what cj said word for word and it will work. if you need any help any one of us will be more than happy to help you through it.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:38 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

my gut told me that plug was the answer....thank you so much! i am gonna try it 1st thing 2moro!
Old 04-06-2013, 07:43 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

sterl, don overthink it, electricity is scary, I get this, believe me mang, but just do what cj said word for word and it will work. if you need any help any one of us will be more than happy to help you through it.
thank you guys so much i really appreciate you guys. im sure i will be needing your expertise a whole lot...lol
Old 04-06-2013, 07:55 PM

thank you guys so much i really appreciate you guys. im sure i will be needing your expertise a whole lot...lol

das da idea mang... we got your back.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:57 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

it worked

you and cj are the "shyt"!!! i grounded the wire like he said and bam jus like that it worked!!!! thank you so much again and again and again!!!! i will always consult u guys. one more question tho, what does the "dte" mean and will this control center alert me when its time to change the oil?
Old 04-07-2013, 10:10 AM

you and cj are the "shyt"!!! i grounded the wire like he said and bam jus like that it worked!!!! thank you so much again and again and again!!!! i will always consult u guys. one more question tho, what does the "dte" mean and will this control center alert me when its time to change the oil?
My Jeep had DTE, and that meant distance to empty, meaning your fuel range.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:39 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

the other 2 wires

now that i have grounded the "brown&white" what about the other 2 wires that are connected to that plug where i clipped the brown wire, do you know what those wires are for;whats NOT connected?
thank you so much,
sterl
Old 04-07-2013, 12:34 PM
Banned

now that i have grounded the "brown&white" what about the other 2 wires that are connected to that plug where i clipped the brown wire, do you know what those wires are for;whats NOT connected?
thank you so much,
sterl
that's just for the factory radio control you don't need them
Old 04-08-2013, 12:43 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Update

that's just for the factory radio control you don't need them
Thanks again. grounding the wire works but DTE/fuel gauge dont seem 2b working properly. what do you suggest i do/check next?
Old 04-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Banned

Thanks again. grounding the wire works but DTE/fuel gauge dont seem 2b working properly. what do you suggest i do/check next?
Whats not working?did you reset it
Old 04-08-2013, 09:20 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Whats not working?did you reset it
if you mean rest by the control on the steering wheel,....yes. my fuel gauge stays around full and the dte numbers are goin up instead of counting down...somewhere around 300 miles is when im empty;i know this by using the trip meter...so this has been my way of not running out of gas.