5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

2k2 owners confirm?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2002, 12:57 AM
PhatGuy

2k2 owners confirm?

Can 2k2 owners confirm if they have painted mud guards in the front, back or both front/back? Are the same as the AE ones? Just trying to figure out if 2k2 side skirts would fit easily on a 2k or 2k1. In my case a 2k1 AE without the AE kit (Canadian Max did not get the body kit) that has the painted guards in the front and back.

Old 01-13-2002, 01:02 AM

I just have them on the back.
Old 01-13-2002, 01:05 AM
PhatGuy

Originally posted by jderry3
I just have them on the back.
Hmmm interesting. I wonder if yours are the same as the rear AE as well? Can front painted mud guards be put on the 2k2 with the OEM side skirts? The side of the car must get messy fast? Does Nissan USA say there should be front ones as well?

I confirmed Nissan Canada Maximas only have rear mud guards: http://www.nissan.ca/eng/cars/maxima/features.html

Big question is if I can install the 2k2 oem side skirts on a 2k1 Max that has both front and back painted mud guards?

Old 01-13-2002, 01:10 AM

Originally posted by PhatGuy

Hmmm interesting. I wonder if yours are the same as the rear AE as well? Can front ones be put on the 2k2 with the OEM side skirts? The side of the car must get messy fast? Does Nissan say there should be front ones as well?
Nissan already makes front splashguards for 2k2s..I've seen them.
Old 01-13-2002, 01:16 AM
PhatGuy

Originally posted by Ludacris

Nissan already makes front splashguards for 2k2s..I've seen them.
Are they specific to the 2k2 only since they have the side skirts? I'm just hoping that the AE painted mud guards I have on the front and back will allow me to install the 2k2 skirts without having to install 2k2 front and back mud guards.

Here is my email correspondence:

>Dave,
> Are the 2k2 Maxima side skirts avaiable as of now? If so what is the price on them? Do they come prepainted (sterling mist)? And will they fit on a 2k1 with both front and back OEM painted splash guards?

---------------
Hey-
We do have listings on the '02 side sills. All the major sheetmetal
pieces are the same, so I would imagine they will fit, but I have not seen
it done yet. Your splash guards will not work, you would have to get the '02
ones which run $77.08. The pre-painted side sills with all the attaching
hardware add up to $879.28.
Thanks!
David Burnette, Town North Nissan

Old 01-13-2002, 01:18 AM

Are they specific to the 2k2 only since they have the side skirts? I'm just hoping that the AE painted mud guards I have on the front and back will allow me to install the 2k2 skirts without having to install 2k2 front and back mud guards.
I think the AE and 2k2 sideskirts are shaped different (AE a lil more vertical...or more of an angle to the lower body if that makes any sense)...AEs splashguards probably won't fit
Old 01-13-2002, 01:26 AM
PhatGuy

I think the AE and 2k2 sideskirts are shaped different (AE a lil more vertical...or more of an angle to the lower body if that makes any sense)...AEs splashguards probably won't fit
I think your right! Looks like a full stillen or AE kit is the way to go! I realize with the stillen kit they have to come off. Does the AE kit allow for you to keep the painted mud guards on or do the have to come off with the AE kit as well??

Old 01-13-2002, 01:28 AM

I think your right! Looks like a full stillen or AE kit is the way to go! I realize with the stillen kit they have to come off. Does the AE kit allow for you to keep the painted mud guards on or do the have to come off with the AE kit as well??
There are specific splashguards for AEs so thats the way to go if you need em with a body kit...unless you use Pepboys universal splashguards lol
Old 01-13-2002, 01:35 AM
PhatGuy

There are specific splashguards for AEs so thats the way to go if you need em with a body kit...unless you use Pepboys universal splashguards lol
Thanks! So I have the AE front and rear painted guards on my car now. When I order an AE body kit that is prepainted does it come with the painted guards as well or are they separate?

Old 01-13-2002, 01:38 AM

Thanks! So I have the AE front and rear painted guards on my car now. When I order an AE body kit that is prepainted does it come with the painted guards as well or are they separate?
Oh wait..so does that mean you have regular (in US) guards on ur car rite now? AE specific splashguards are separate..
Old 01-13-2002, 01:42 AM
PhatGuy

Oh wait..so does that mean you have regular (in US) guards on ur car rite now? AE specific splashguards are separate..
I will take some pics tomorrow but I think I have AE guards since my car is a 2k1 AE (Canadian Version). I've seen pics of cars with the AE with and without guards. Looks better with them. I assume the kit does not include the guards so I hope I have the AE ones.

Old 01-13-2002, 01:48 AM

I will take some pics tomorrow but I think I have AE guards since my car is a 2k1 AE. I've seen pics of cars with the AE with and without guards. Looks better with them. I assume the kit does not include the guards so I hope I have the AE ones.
But since Canadian AEs dont have bodykits..wouldnt you have the normal splashguards (for US models). So you'd have to buy the AE splashguards that fit the bodykit right?
Old 01-13-2002, 01:51 AM
PhatGuy

But since Canadian AEs dont have bodykits..wouldnt you have the normal splashguards (for US models). So you'd have to buy the AE splashguards that fit the bodykit right?
Gotta find that out tomorrow. If you saw a pic of my car would you be able to tell if they are standard or AE mud guards?

Old 01-13-2002, 07:48 AM

Re: 2k2 owners confirm?

Can 2k2 owners confirm if they have painted mud guards in the front, back or both front/back? Are the same as the AE ones? Just trying to figure out if 2k2 side skirts would fit easily on a 2k or 2k1. In my case a 2k1 AE without the AE kit (Canadian Max did not get the body kit) that has the painted guards in the front and back.
I have both front and rear splash guards on my 2k2
Old 01-13-2002, 09:26 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I bought my car in the last week of November and when i ordered it back in October they said that all four splash guards were not available. But when my car came in it had all four splash guards. It was a sweet surprise.I live in the US so i dont think they are AE guards.
Old 01-13-2002, 09:39 AM

Re: 2k2 owners confirm?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PhatGuy
Can 2k2 owners confirm if they have painted mud guards in the front, back or both front/back? Are the same as the AE ones? Just trying to figure out if 2k2 side skirts would fit easily on a 2k or 2k1. In my case a 2k1 AE without the AE kit (Canadian Max did not get the body kit) that has the painted guards in the front and back. [/QUOTE

PHat Guy, YES, i have a 2K2 SE 6spd with factory painted mud guards front and back both. Do not many Max's have all 4? I really like the look of all 4, dont care for them just in the back. JAKE02, Sterling Mist SE 6spd