5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Just got my bodykit but it's all bent outta shape and shoved into a box!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2002, 12:09 PM

Just got my bodykit but it's all bent outta shape and shoved into a box!

i don't know the normal procedure for the installation of a body kit so this kinda worries me.
I ordered my stillen body kit from Phuong at Eatricezone.com and when it got to me, the siderocker panels were BENT IN HALF and shoved into a box. The front touring lip spoiler and rear valence were kinda
bent outta shape too. I called Phoung to ask him and he assured me that it would be okay because the parts need to be prefitted and
he said something about having to heat them up or something to get back the normal shape or something like that.

Not quite sure what he was trying to say to me (i was on my cell phone).

Anyways, what do you guys think? Is it okay for the kit to be bent like that? Will it ruin the final outcome of the bodykit when it is installed?

has anyone else bought a bodykit from Phuong at Eatricezone.com?

Thanks for all the help!
Old 01-13-2002, 12:14 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Just got my bodykit but it's all bent outta shape and shoved into a box!

Originally posted by acMAX
i don't know the normal procedure for the installation of a body kit so this kinda worries me.
I ordered my stillen body kit from Phuong at Eatricezone.com and when it got to me, the siderocker panels were BENT IN HALF and shoved into a box. The front touring lip spoiler and rear valence were kinda
bent outta shape too. I called Phoung to ask him and he assured me that it would be okay because the parts need to be prefitted and
he said something about having to heat them up or something to get back the normal shape or something like that.

Anyways, what do you guys think? Is it okay for the kit to be bent like that? Will it ruin the final outcome of the bodykit when it is installed?

Thanks for all the help!
it's ok. it's made of poly urethane...it's suppose to bend and flex.
when the bodyshop paint the kit, they will correct the form.
Old 01-13-2002, 12:14 PM

It's ok

It will be ok, the kit is made out of polyurethane and it is a very flexible material. All you have to do is intall it on the car and you will never know that it was bent and crammed in a small box for shipping. Mine was done the same way when I got it! Congrats on the bodykit it makes the maxima look a ton better!
Old 01-13-2002, 12:15 PM
Got Bent?

That is the way body kits are shipped... the installer whould fix it up when he goes to put it on.
Old 01-13-2002, 12:19 PM

Originally posted by UMD_MaxSE
That is the way body kits are shipped... the installer whould fix it up when he goes to put it on.
don't u just love urethane? imagine these were made our of fiber glass...:
Old 01-13-2002, 12:23 PM

Fiberglass kits suck..

A friend of mine bought a used kit for his camero and when it came in it was fiberglass and he was unable to fix alot of the problems with it so he had to eat the money spent and just buy a new kit. Fiberglass that low to the ground is not a good thing for me and my driving skills, if ya know what I mean.
Old 01-13-2002, 12:23 PM

Thank god the body kits are meant to flex alot. BTW, before anyone gets any ideas, its not Phuong who packages them, that is how they come when Stillen ships it to him. He just resends it out to you.
Old 01-13-2002, 12:24 PM

whew!

thanks guys!
Old 01-13-2002, 12:26 PM

Re: Fiberglass kits suck..

Originally posted by nvmymax2
A friend of mine bought a used kit for his camero and when it came in it was fiberglass and he was unable to fix alot of the problems with it so he had to eat the money spent and just buy a new kit. Fiberglass that low to the ground is not a good thing for me and my driving skills, if ya know what I mean.
*cough*nin*cough*ja*cough*...
Old 01-15-2002, 12:31 AM
a33

dont have to worry as long as it is urethane
Old 01-15-2002, 09:05 AM

Originally posted by irvine78

you really like hounding us "fiberglass folk" huh??
Old 01-15-2002, 09:36 AM

Re: Just got my bodykit but it's all bent outta shape and shoved into a box!

Originally posted by acMAX

Thanks for all the help!

Me too. I just received mine yesterday and i opened the box to find it mashed in there. I was a little upset, but once i read this i was relieved. Can't wait to paint it and put it on.
Old 01-15-2002, 03:36 PM

Re: Re: Just got my bodykit but it's all bent outta shape and shoved into a box!

Originally posted by maxse01

Me too. I just received mine yesterday and i opened the box to find it mashed in there. I was a little upset, but once i read this i was relieved. Can't wait to paint it and put it on.
I thought you were selling your car????
Old 01-15-2002, 08:52 PM

like I said on the phone, just heat up the parts and they'll return to their original shape. I could wrap them in a big ball and plastic wrap it.. the parts will still go back to the original shape once you heat them up.

The boxes the kits are sent in are the max size allowed (130"). Any larger and they'd have to be shipped via truck freight. I doubt customers are willing to spend $150 is shipping vs $35-40
Old 01-16-2002, 05:39 AM

hey phuong

Originally posted by got rice?
like I said on the phone, just heat up the parts and they'll return to their original shape. I could wrap them in a big ball and plastic wrap it.. the parts will still go back to the original shape once you heat them up.

The boxes the kits are sent in are the max size allowed (130"). Any larger and they'd have to be shipped via truck freight. I doubt customers are willing to spend $150 is shipping vs $35-40

sorry for doubting you man. I just needed to ask around to confirm
your original explanation on the phone. I'm from New York Phuong
what did you expect? it's very hard for me to trust people.

Anyways....for the record everyone.......
Phuong treated me very well and his shipment arrived on time as promised. He saved me nearly a hundred bucks on the kit too!

I think a lot of you have done business with him and already know that
you can trust this guy. I'm definitely planning on doing business with him again.

happy modding all
Alex in NY
Old 01-16-2002, 07:06 AM

Re: Re: Re: Just got my bodykit but it's all bent outta shape and shoved into a box!

Originally posted by Greg's2kGLE

I thought you were selling your car????
Not going to now. I will get beat for too much money.
Old 01-16-2002, 09:34 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Just got my bodykit but it's all bent outta shape and shoved into a box!

Originally posted by maxse01

Not going to now. I will get beat for too much money.
In the 300ZX community, you have gotten yourself into what is called the "NA trap"

"I can't sell the car now since I've spent $x,xxx.oo on it!"
Old 01-16-2002, 10:07 AM

My Sarona kit showed up in 3 separate 6 foot long packages. They were too big for any normal boxes, so Sarona cut up a bunch of cardboard, and just taped it together around the bumpers after bubble wrapping it. It took up the better half of my room storing them. And I had to make two trips to the body shop just to get the kit there since I don't own a truck or anything.

Originally posted by irvine78