5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Which is better Zaino or Zymol

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2002, 08:14 PM

Which is better Zaino or Zymol

Okay I fugured if I posted this question in the forum instead of "Clean your Max" I would get more response.

I have been hearing a lot of people mentioning Zaino when cleaning their Max. I have been using Zymol, and if there is a diffrence in quality I would switch to Zaino.

I already have the zainobros. site bookmarked but there are a lot of products there. which products sould I buy for a normal car wash/wax. IF there tire dressing is good what to use?
Old 01-14-2002, 08:33 PM

Re: Which is better Zaino or Zymol

Originally posted by perrymaxima
Okay I fugured if I posted this question in the forum instead of "Clean your Max" I would get more response.

I have been hearing a lot of people mentioning Zaino when cleaning their Max. I have been using Zymol, and if there is a diffrence in quality I would switch to Zaino.

I already have the zainobros. site bookmarked but there are a lot of products there. which products sould I buy for a normal car wash/wax. IF there tire dressing is good what to use?

I personally think zaino is better ... I have used zymol's paste wax (my best friend used the zymol exclusively on his supra and he says the liquid is the best zymol) and was not to pleased with the results. It dusts like crazy! Zaino is not like that at all.

I also think it depends on the color of your car. If you have black, then honestly I think zaino will look better. If you have light colored car ... unfortunatly niether product seems to make a huge difference. I know, I know ... how can that be I really like the zaino on my sterling mist, but I still am not too satisfied with the depth of the paint. (I have 3 coats of z5 and 3 coats of z2)

But I think that has to do with the color of the car. If you want to see yourself in the paint from across the parking lot, you need a dark colored car. Just my opinion.

What you need is (bare minimum):
z1 polish lock
z2 actuall polish
z7 wash

Depending on if you have swirls:
z5 swirl remover
(now I have read that the 3M swirl remover is better and then you just put the zanio on top of that, but I have yet to experiment ... maybe later)

z6 detail is spray is nice for quick touch-ups.

And the new ZFX is nice if need it done quick! It also eliminates the need for z1. I have used the zfx and I really like it! Money well spent. I was able to put wash, claybar, wash again, 3 coats of z5, detail spray in between each coat of z5, and add one coat of z2 in one day. NICE!
Old 01-14-2002, 08:34 PM
Telus.net

Re: Which is better Zaino or Zymol

I already have the zainobros. site bookmarked but there are a lot of products there. which products sould I buy for a normal car wash/wax. IF there tire dressing is good what to use?:
I have used both Zaino and Zymol. Zaino makes me feel aroused because it costs more!

Old 01-14-2002, 08:38 PM

Re: Re: Which is better Zaino or Zymol

Originally posted by Telus.net

I have used both Zaino and Zymol. Zaino makes me feel aroused because it costs more!

well at least we know not to bend over and wax with zaino infront of you ...
Old 01-14-2002, 08:41 PM

I thought the color of my max was in my sig ... My max is majestic blue and no swirl marks. I've had a black car before so I know how to take care of dark cars. Just keep on suggesting those Zaino products so i can go shoping for some ZZZZZainooooo!
Old 01-15-2002, 05:40 AM

Re: Re: Which is better Zaino or Zymol

Originally posted by ispeed

I personally think zaino is better ... I have used zymol's paste wax (my best friend used the zymol exclusively on his supra and he says the liquid is the best zymol) and was not to pleased with the results. It dusts like crazy! Zaino is not like that at all.

I also think it depends on the color of your car. If you have black, then honestly I think zaino will look better. If you have light colored car ... unfortunatly niether product seems to make a huge difference. I know, I know ... how can that be I really like the zaino on my sterling mist, but I still am not too satisfied with the depth of the paint. (I have 3 coats of z5 and 3 coats of z2)

But I think that has to do with the color of the car. If you want to see yourself in the paint from across the parking lot, you need a dark colored car. Just my opinion.

What you need is (bare minimum):
z1 polish lock
z2 actuall polish
z7 wash

Depending on if you have swirls:
z5 swirl remover
(now I have read that the 3M swirl remover is better and then you just put the zanio on top of that, but I have yet to experiment ... maybe later)

z6 detail is spray is nice for quick touch-ups.

And the new ZFX is nice if need it done quick! It also eliminates the need for z1. I have used the zfx and I really like it! Money well spent. I was able to put wash, claybar, wash again, 3 coats of z5, detail spray in between each coat of z5, and add one coat of z2 in one day. NICE!

Not that I have swirls... but if I did when would I use the Z5 in the process with the other 3 products you mentioned?
Old 01-15-2002, 09:00 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

zaino

zaino is best.

Old 01-15-2002, 11:37 AM

Re: zaino

Originally posted by MaineI30
zaino is best.

thats cool what Zaino products do you use on your I?
Old 01-15-2002, 12:30 PM

here is a nice link

to a detailing forum that I got from this forum, these guys are insane, but they have a ton of advice.

http://216.147.22.29/forum/index.php3
Old 01-16-2002, 12:23 AM

zaino wins

pretty much comes down to this:

http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html
Old 01-16-2002, 05:42 AM

don't forget to claybar.....

If you claybar your car before you apply the Zaino the results are spectacular. Then the paint feels as good as it looks. Any claybar will do.
Old 01-16-2002, 06:20 AM
ACLSLurker

Try this...

Try Blackfire, you get the same results as zaino with bigger bottles. A kit starts out at $49.00......some of the people on our board have converted from zaino to blackfire.

Old 01-16-2002, 08:57 AM

Re: Try this...

Originally posted by ACLSLurker
Try Blackfire, you get the same results as zaino with bigger bottles. A kit starts out at $49.00......some of the people on our board have converted from zaino to blackfire.
Where do I get some of this from? anybody else used this before?
Old 01-16-2002, 09:29 AM

Have any of you ever used the zymol 2 step including the HD-clense and Zymol Japon paste wax??? The Zymol japon DOES NOT dust at all...it's really amazing stuff. It goes on REALLY easy...comes off really easy, makes the car look great, and beads up water like no wax I have ever used before.
Old 01-16-2002, 09:42 AM

Originally posted by BriGuyMax
Have any of you ever used the zymol 2 step including the HD-clense and Zymol Japon paste wax??? The Zymol japon DOES NOT dust at all...it's really amazing stuff. It goes on REALLY easy...comes off really easy, makes the car look great, and beads up water like no wax I have ever used before.
hmm, how much does that stuff go for?? i'm not all about spending 50 dollars on wax, meguire's works just fine for me.
Old 01-16-2002, 11:29 AM
ACLSLurker

Re: Re: Try this...

Where do I get some of this from? anybody else used this before?
Go here http://www.properautocare.com/blackfire.html

Enjoy....I have 5 coats of the paint protection and IMO looks the same or better than zaino.

Old 01-16-2002, 03:48 PM

I like the tire shine the dealership puts on your tires when they detail your car. Is there anything out on the market that can come close or beat the dealers silicon tire shine?... I'm not tring to turn this tread into another cleaning your Max tread just tring to see what is a good long lasting product.