5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.
View Poll Results: What Springs would you choose and why?
H&R 1.4" - 1.3"
36.36%
Eibach 1.4" - 1.6"
39.39%
Sprint Springs 2.0"
9.09%
MaxSpeed ?
15.15%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

What Springs would you choose and why?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2002, 07:22 PM
RussMaxManiac

That is the exact stance I want!!!! But, worried about the rough ride. I had Eibachs in my se-r with agx, man even on teh soft setting that car was rough..badly.

Old 01-17-2002, 07:42 PM
RussMaxManiac

http://www.fourthrock.com/maxima/images/full_car.jpg

I am set!! I am getting H&R! They look just fine!

Dario, thanks but the rough ride is too much for me to deal with. I been in 4th gens with eibachs...uggg..bad. But maybe we can still meet or something...

Old 01-17-2002, 07:42 PM

well tomorrow i go to work at 1:00 and on Saturday ill be free after 2 p.m. so whenever u can, preferably Saturday but i can try for tomorrow, just let me know so i can clean my car, dont want a bad impression
Old 01-17-2002, 07:44 PM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by Dario
well tomorrow i go to work at 1:00 and on Saturday ill be free after 2 p.m. so whenever u can, preferably Saturday but i can try for tomorrow, just let me know so i can clean my car, dont want a bad impression
LOL!! I am in training for Friday. Saturday afternoon possible. TheNewClimax is supose to come down as well to visit for a little bit....I got alot to do saturday so I can't visit for long. I will private message my # to you...

Old 01-17-2002, 09:09 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Help a brotha out!

Originally posted by 2K2DEMAX

I've been trying to garner a response from you on the KYB's (I started a thread on it in this forum) but so far you've not responded. I hope you can give me some feedback here.

From what I've seen from you so far you seem to like them quite a bit. Were there any install/fitment issues? Any noises? do you recommend them based on what you've seen and felt so far?

Thanks in advance.
I love my new setup! By far the best out of anything I have ever tried or been in. The setup is 100% squeek free too, something I could never get out of my sprints and eibach/tokico. I of course highy recomend these shocks. At this point I can not coment on the fitment becuase I have not even talked to Brian{were the heck is he?!} yet, it would not be fair to him to give all the detail's out.

I did not see your other thread, I will try to find it.
Old 01-17-2002, 10:57 PM

Originally posted by AznWontonboy
Russ why do Intrax/Sprints suck? Arent Springs springs? 2inch drop=
Old 02-23-2002, 09:08 PM

Originally posted by ispeed

I took a measurement of the rear wheel gap (from the center of the wheel to the bottom of the wheel well) and noticed that w/o the stereo (these results were taken from before and after measurements of the spring install) and noticed that the rear dropped approx 1/2" after I put the stereo back in. At first when I got my car back and measured (with no stereo in there) I was pi$$ed thinking they didn't drop the rear much at all. After I realized that there was no stereo and what was going on, I remeasure and found them to be pretty accurate with their drop calculations, both front and rear.

I would not worry about a body kit with these springs. Reason being I honestly would like the car to be lower. I like the drop that's on there, but I would like the car to sit about 1" lower than it is right now. Even with a body kit, I don't see any problems scraping with the drop I have now. I would be more concerned if it was lowered to where I want, but ...

And look at Irvine78 ... he's got eibachs and cut off some of the coils to get it lower. When I first saw his car with that lip and how low it was, I was mad. I was like how the hell did eibach's drop that car lower than mine?!?! Well I don't think he's had any problems dragging the ground and the side profile pic of this car still shows plenty of room.

My best friend has a supra that the front lip is only 2" off the ground. Hell he can't pull his car in anywhere to get worked on, b/c they can't get it on a lift ... but he has NEVER hit that lip or scraped it once.
Eibach's, because of the sharp look and less dipping in the front when you slammmmmm the brakes, it stays straight and rides smooth, compare to the lower ones that hit harsh on potholes.
Old 02-23-2002, 11:41 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac
http://www.fourthrock.com/maxima/images/full_car.jpg

I am set!! I am getting H&R! They look just fine!

Dario, thanks but the rough ride is too much for me to deal with. I been in 4th gens with eibachs...uggg..bad. But maybe we can still meet or something...