5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

After Market electronics Match

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 08:58 AM

After Market electronics Match

Hi All
I haven't been around here much through the winter as I've been having repairs done rather than DIY.
I just had the airbag recall done and a couple of weeks in the int. blower fan stopped working.
Symptoms were, it cut out one night and worked fine the next day or so then quit for good. I ran a little light test on the connector and to the module.
Pt#271502Y901 all was dark so pulled it out. The module was fried on the little square to the right and burnt on the end in 2 places. I went to replace that part at autozone and they matched it with another different looking part. I put that one in and it didn't fix the problem but it also didn't seem to fit right so I took it back in and they told me it was a misboxed part. {right box wrong part}. They sent me to another branch and that guy gave me a refund as it was again the same {wrong} part... Went to the dealer and they gave me another one that looked different but not like the autozone parts so I took that and it didn't really fit either.
I have lost the original {damn it!} but the replacement is nothing like it. The original had no tabs where it plugs in and the replacement has 4 little nubs where it plugs in. Am I stuck with this wrong part or is it that it will work and it's something else failing?
I can't attach anything to show you what I mean in pictures. Please help!
Old 05-18-2014, 09:31 AM

I've found the courtesynissan parts website contains many exploded diagrams of parts. Have you checked there to see if they have it? The dealership should really be able to identify the part for you.

Its pretty clear from your description you have at least one of the offending parts, otherwise I've seen postings where you can put the AC system into diagnosis mode and it will flash what it thinks is wrong.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by ajahearn
I've found the courtesynissan parts website contains many exploded diagrams of parts. Have you checked there to see if they have it? The dealership should really be able to identify the part for you.

Its pretty clear from your description you have at least one of the offending parts, otherwise I've seen postings where you can put the AC system into diagnosis mode and it will flash what it thinks is wrong.
Thank you so much for the helpful and quick response to my question! I have taken apart the dash and removed the blower fan assembly in order to look for signs of failure and or damage. The fan seemed okay and turns freely by hand. I'm going to take out the filter and change it out while it's all open. From looking around it seems that everyone is getting this different looking part as a replacement and word is as long as it plugs in and fits the plug it should work. It just doesn't seem to snug in there as it's not as wide as the old one was. Since all the parts stores and the dealers are closed now I'm walking away for today. I will be away from this discussion until later tonight but I am so grateful for the help. This forum is like an oasis in a desert of nissan failures from the factory. Much respect!
Old 05-19-2014, 06:26 AM

Well guys I found the old resistor {in the fridge} LOL
It is fried but the replacement doesn't fix the problem. I'll be asking for help tracing the power before replacing any more components but I am thinking it may be the relay. I can't thank you enough for all the help I've received here since getting this car. You guys have saved me a lot of money and helped me deal with paid repairs much more informed than the mechanics would like! haha
Old 05-20-2014, 03:13 PM

Please tell us whether you have the manual or auto climate controls in your car. Parts are different and diagnostics are different.

For all we know (or don't know), you could have the wrong part for your control system.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by DennisMik
Please tell us whether you have the manual or auto climate controls in your car. Parts are different and diagnostics are different.

For all we know (or don't know), you could have the wrong part for your control system.
It's manual thanks so much for the help I was able to find another blower in the junkyard for 20.00 works like a charm!
Old 06-07-2014, 07:31 AM

Now the ABS light is on so I have to spend yet another beautiful day off chasing Maxima zen. WTF with this car?!? I suppose it probably didn't like being touched when the struts were replaced a couple of weeks ago... I'm assuming of course but it's the same general area. I'm getting an oil change here in about an hour and tire rotation, they're going to take a look. Thanks again guys!
** Left rear sensor is bad 200 bucks parts and labor.

Last edited by 2001M20; 06-07-2014 at 10:26 AM.