5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

2000 5 speed exhaust missing need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 06:47 PM

this is all i have left of my exhaust rest got ripped off whats was after this?? any cats? and how can i fix this any ideas need help plz...i jus ordered catbacl exhaust wanting to know what i need

2000 5 speed exhaust missing need help-forumrunner_20140717_204658.jpg
Old 07-17-2014, 07:17 PM

Ripped off as in stolen or ripped off as in drove over something that pulled the system off?
Old 07-18-2014, 03:37 AM

as in hit and ripped it off dont ask me how that happened lol but it did
Old 07-18-2014, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by bweibking
as in hit and ripped it off dont ask me how that happened lol but it did
LOL how did it happen? I really want to know this! You must tell us what happened, DO IT!

Looks like the thing ripped off right at the flex section (after Ypipe), meaning you need a new flex section, cat (high-flow cat or test pipe), and catback.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:45 AM

lol i hit a beaver big bastard ****ed everything up including.my front bumper....damn any ideas on fixing flex pipe or jus welding it.to the pre cat. ..and all my damn wires gone looks like i might have a junk yard trip... any links to test pipes? will they chsnge how the car runs? without a cat its running like **** now
Old 07-18-2014, 06:48 AM

lol i hit a beaver big bastard ****ed everything up including.my front bumper....damn any ideas on fixing flex pipe or jus welding it.to the pre cat. ..and all my damn wires gone looks like i might have a junk yard trip... any links to test pipes? will they chsnge how the car runs? without a cat its running like **** now

BEAVER? hahahahaha how can that be true? big bastard LOL man...I'm not laughing at you BTW, but the beaver thing is too much and quite unusual LOL...

Your pre-cats are before the Ypipe, you ripped the exhaust off after Ypipe. Is your Ypipe still fine or was it damaged also?

Looks like you need a new flex pipe because yours is ripped in half, there is no fixing it.

^ See the stock Ypipe on the bottom? Yours ripped off right at that flex section. Now you can cut the messed up piece off, and use new flex pipe or just use straight pipe like the aftermarket Ypipe at the top.

As for cat vs. test pipe, visit this thread http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...test-pipe.html

BTW your car is probably running like **** because you're missing most of the exhaust, not because of having no cat.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by D.Stillwell
BTW your car is probably running like **** because you're missing most of the exhaust, not because of having no cat.
IDK..my exhaust is missing too and only the cops don't like it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR5q6OsaJlM
I like how the OP made his own turndown pipe.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:52 AM

BEAVER? hahahahaha how can that be true? big bastard LOL man...I'm not laughing at you BTW, but the beaver thing is too much and quite unusual LOL...

Your pre-cats are before the Ypipe, you ripped the exhaust off after Ypipe. Is your Ypipe still fine or was it damaged also?

Looks like you need a new flex pipe because yours is ripped in half, there is no fixing it.

^ See the stock Ypipe on the bottom? Yours ripped off right at that flex section. Now you can cut the messed up piece off, and use new flex pipe or just use straight pipe like the aftermarket Ypipe at the top.

As for cat vs. test pipe, visit this thread http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...test-pipe.html

you y pipe posted is ca right? i also though about ordering jus a whole new y pipe or going to junk yard and get the piece i need and welding it on my y pipe cause only thing.messed up is the flex pipe and what ever was behind it. ...looks like it ripped.my wires out to cause if there was a cat back there with 02 senor there isnt now
Old 07-18-2014, 09:11 AM

Where can i find that straight y pipe i need that on my max
Old 07-18-2014, 09:12 AM

you y pipe posted is ca right? i also though about ordering jus a whole new y pipe or going to junk yard and get the piece i need and welding it on my y pipe cause only thing.messed up is the flex pipe and what ever was behind it. ...looks like it ripped.my wires out to cause if there was a cat back there with 02 senor there isnt now
I am located in CT and my y pipe looks just like that you shouldn't have another o2 back there but i might be wrong
Old 07-18-2014, 01:50 PM

this is the y pipe i need

2000 5 speed exhaust missing need help-forumrunner_20140718_155038.jpg