5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Cloth to leather seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 11:09 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Cloth to leather seats

So i know theres a couple forums on this but none that give specifics. I wanna know what i need to do to swap out the old cloth seats. I want the heated seats living in the New England area. Ive read there is no relay nor did find one just a fuse. So my big question is, is the power seat plug gonna be a direct fit and is there gonna be a wire already installed and ran in the car. And what about the switch. How would i go about installing the switch for the heated seats. Any advise is greatly appreciated.
Old 02-15-2017, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Maxima 03
So i know theres a couple forums on this but none that give specifics. I wanna know what i need to do to swap out the old cloth seats. I want the heated seats living in the New England area. Ive read there is no relay nor did find one just a fuse. So my big question is, is the power seat plug gonna be a direct fit and is there gonna be a wire already installed and ran in the car. And what about the switch. How would i go about installing the switch for the heated seats. Any advise is greatly appreciated.
The covers where the switch would normally be mounted on the center console pop out with a screw driver. I did not see any extra witing for a heated seat when I removed mine, so you might a whole harness.
Old 02-15-2017, 03:18 PM

If you get the seats from a 2000 to 2003 Maxima of Infiniti i30/i35, it is almost plug and play. You will need to get the 2 switches for the heated seats that mount in the center console. All the other wiring should be in the car already, you just have to find where Nissan taped over the connectors.

The heated seats do not have a relay in the electrical circuit and there is only one fuse (#9) that supplies power to the heating pads.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:43 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks guys from the quick responses. Now what about the switches? When i pop the covers off is there gonna be a spot the plug the switches in? And DennisMik any idea on how to go about finding the connectors? Maybe under the rug?
Old 02-15-2017, 11:00 PM

The connectors for the switches are going to be inside the console. Take off the plate around the shift lever and hopefully you will see them. Otherwise take the console out, it comes out real easy.

Under each seat, the wires that come from the switches (2 wires per switch) are in the harness in a big connector, 18 wires on the driver's side, 12 wires on the passenger side.