5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Why all the hate?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 03:47 PM

Why all the hate?

I always thought the Maxima community was a fairly tight, group of enthusiasts representing a niche section in the car world. These aren't Mustangs, Hondas or other super popular vehicles. Its fair to say that most Max owners are not enthusiasts. Thats part of what drew me towards these cars. However, today I saw this:
The most powerful Maxima out there. Now these guys have built and tuned the most powerful car in the group. They are at the top of their game and what do they have to say about it? "Suck our d*^k" Really? My initial thought was, Im happy my windows are tinted because I dont wanna be seen driving a car for a$$holes. My second thought was, did the community do this? Was so much hate projected at Moncef and Jeremy that it turned them into these arrogant ******? At the top of the Max game and you tell us to suck your d**k? Wheres the comradery? Is our community really this divided, shallow, immature and hateful...? Please give me your insights and opinions.
Old 01-24-2019, 04:19 PM

so are you on your period or i don't understand the problem?
is this a personal thing between you and the guys in the vid?
Old 01-24-2019, 04:53 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Donkeypunch
so are you on your period or i don't understand the problem?
is this a personal thing between you and the guys in the vid?
I think hes just wondering out loud why people are being so toxic to one another, which is fine to ask. Personally i think thats just how the internet works, its toxic af and probably always will be. As far as the video goes, thats what happens when you take a “community” that exists almost soley online and transpose it into the real world. Yeah i think its childish and lame when youre trying to represent a brand/business. But the “im the best & fck the rest” mentality is just part of the internet, everyone likes to talk smack, especially when they got something like that video to back their words up. Also i think theres been a big dik waving contest dragging on for years and years between different tuners/shops involved with these cars, i dont have facebook or participate in any other maxima forum so i dont know what its all about and i definitely have zero interest in learning lol, but its safe to say the “suck my dik” commentary is directed at his haters. At the end of the day, who cares, its just a bunch of drama. Dont let one dude with a big mouth (deservedly or not) spoil the fun for you, theres still the rest of us always there to help.

Last edited by Slamrod; 01-24-2019 at 04:58 PM.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:00 PM

I know zero people in the community. Ive bought things off a few people, thats about it. I dont have a facebook or any other means of social media. I guess I live under a rock.
Hehe im not on my period. I guess I just had the wrong idea of the reality here. (If you can call the internet a reality) For some reason I thought all the Maxima people were bro's with each other. Overall I just wanted to get a better idea of what the Maxima community is like. Not really complaining or taking sides. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 01-24-2019, 10:42 PM
Bad *** Newb

Originally Posted by NotYou
I always thought the Maxima community was a fairly tight, group of enthusiasts representing a niche section in the car world. These aren't Mustangs, Hondas or other super popular vehicles. Its fair to say that most Max owners are not enthusiasts. Thats part of what drew me towards these cars. However, today I saw this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF6X5V1q1XI The most powerful Maxima out there. Now these guys have built and tuned the most powerful car in the group. They are at the top of their game and what do they have to say about it? "Suck our d*^k" Really? My initial thought was, Im happy my windows are tinted because I dont wanna be seen driving a car for a$$holes. My second thought was, did the community do this? Was so much hate projected at Moncef and Jeremy that it turned them into these arrogant ******? At the top of the Max game and you tell us to suck your d**k? Wheres the comradery? Is our community really this divided, shallow, immature and hateful...? Please give me your insights and opinions.
You haven't been on facebook much, eh?
Old 01-25-2019, 04:56 AM

He built a fast fukin car...he can kinda say whatever he wants. Doesn't mean I'm gonna suck his dik, but I respect his right to be arrogant right there.
Old 01-25-2019, 06:12 AM

the maxima community is incredible, and not much else like it. don't let one side line view out of context change your perception.