5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2002, 03:15 PM

Bulbs

Hi Forum:

I am planning on getting my front light bulbs replaced. I was wondering where and how much it would cost to get my headlights, foglight and clear corner bulbs. I already have piaa bulbs in my rear clears. I need to get a pair for the front. I would like to have clear turn signal bulbs too.-- can you recommend a bulb that is not blue but gives the bright output for the turn signals, and a matching bulb for the headlight and foglights.

Thanks
Old 02-04-2002, 03:21 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Bulbs

Originally posted by CHODmanMAX
Hi Forum:

I am planning on getting my front light bulbs replaced. I was wondering where and how much it would cost to get my headlights, foglight and clear corner bulbs. I already have piaa bulbs in my rear clears. I need to get a pair for the front. I would like to have clear turn signal bulbs too.-- can you recommend a bulb that is not blue but gives the bright output for the turn signals, and a matching bulb for the headlight and foglights.

Thanks
You can search for hundreds of threads on this topic, but here is my recommendation.

Front clears are good with Polarg M-series if you are looking for an amber color when lit. I think the turn signals look best with the Polarg G-series (again, primarily focussed on Amber when lit). Headlights and foglights look good with Raybrig White Thunder in the headlamp and Raybrig Magnum White in the fogs.
Old 02-04-2002, 03:39 PM

Re: Re: Bulbs

Originally posted by MichaelAE

You can search for hundreds of threads on this topic, but here is my recommendation.

Front clears are good with Polarg M-series if you are looking for an amber color when lit. I think the turn signals look best with the Polarg G-series (again, primarily focussed on Amber when lit). Headlights and foglights look good with Raybrig White Thunder in the headlamp and Raybrig Magnum White in the fogs.
I want the bluish hid hue at night, no too ricer, but nice, and a clear look during the day
Old 02-04-2002, 03:59 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Bulbs

Originally posted by CHODmanMAX
I want the bluish hid hue at night, no too ricer, but nice, and a clear look during the day
In the headlights, I assume you mean. The White Thunder, I think, do a great job of giving you that bluish hue without a clearly illegal blue color (less blue than the Audi HIDs, which are way too blue for my tastes).

The Magnum's are good fogs because they are less blue than the White Thunders and if you get blue down there, you're going to lose a lot of the actual value of fog lights.