5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Using just the PR Cai Upper tube (vacumm pipe piece) to connect JWT??

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2002 | 07:01 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Using just the PR Cai Upper tube (vacumm pipe piece) to connect JWT??

Since I have a PR CAI that I took out and replaced with a JWT (Don't ask, I have CEL issues). I was thinking of using the upper tube to connect the vacumm hoses to the pipe. Getting rid of that resontor piece that then sticking it straight to the JWT.. Do you think that will yield higher gains? Sound?
Old 02-04-2002 | 08:32 PM
PhatGuy

Re: Using just the PR Cai Upper tube (vacumm pipe piece) to connect JWT??

Originally posted by PCGuRu2K
Since I have a PR CAI that I took out and replaced with a JWT (Don't ask, I have CEL issues). I was thinking of using the upper tube to connect the vacumm hoses to the pipe. Getting rid of that resontor piece that then sticking it straight to the JWT.. Do you think that will yield higher gains? Sound?
Hmmm I think Russ might have done this but could be wrong. I know someone has.... Would be similar to the FrankenCar but with a velocity(?) stack filter.
Old 02-04-2002 | 10:36 PM

Hey, I have exaclty the same issues as you and I am thinking buying Stillen intake to put it with PR upper tube.
So what's your most update with the CEL light? Did you change your O2 sensors?

Mine did not throw that code anymore, last time it was Cat failure..
Old 02-05-2002 | 02:58 AM

Re: Re: Using just the PR Cai Upper tube (vacumm pipe piece) to connect JWT??

Originally posted by MaxTuner

Hey, I have exaclty the same issues as you and I am thinking buying Stillen intake to put it with PR upper tube.
So what's your most update with the CEL light? Did you change your O2 sensors?

Mine did not throw that code anymore, last time it was Cat failure..
I took out the Cai and everything was back to normal.. Put back my JWT and it's running like when I first got the car.. Since I still have the PR Cai tubes lying around I figured I might as well make use of it.
Old 02-05-2002 | 06:20 AM

i bet it would sound pretty damn good but not sure about performance gains.

give it a try and tell us how it sounds!!
Old 02-05-2002 | 08:45 AM

Originally posted by acMAX
i bet it would sound pretty damn good but not sure about performance gains.

give it a try and tell us how it sounds!!
I'm gonna try this setup probably on Sat sometime over the weekend. I have a 4 day weekend this. I'm off on Mondays, and this Tues is Chinese New Year's
Old 02-05-2002 | 11:48 PM

I'm gonna try this setup probably on Sat sometime over the weekend. I have a 4 day weekend this. I'm off on Mondays, and this Tues is Chinese New Year's
So did you replace your O2 sensors?

Are you still having CEL problem?
Old 02-06-2002 | 12:32 AM

That's the setup I have on my car. It works perfectly. There may be a slight gain, but mostly it just removes that ugly resonator. It's also MUCH louder than the JWT with the resonator; between 6000-6500 in 2nd it's deafening. And it sounds like a true CAI.