5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

It's me again about "Service Engine Soon".......

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2002 | 10:22 PM

It's me again about "Service Engine Soon".......

I post up a thread last time about service engine soon light came on at dash, I took it to shop got it scanned and reseted so the display was gone. guy said it's nothing major it came on cuz of my intake(I got Stillen) he was saying that it's pulling in too much of cold air and the sensor(catalyst conv.) was confused or something and he said only way I'm not going to see that display again is to either switch back to my stock intake or jus ignore the display cuz if I don't switch back the intake it'll most likely come back on. I'm not sure if this is true or not.......
Old 02-05-2002 | 10:25 PM

doubt it's true. otherwise everyone else with a pop or cai would be having the same deal.
Old 02-05-2002 | 10:33 PM

Originally posted by serin
doubt it's true. otherwise everyone else with a pop or cai would be having the same deal.
Try resetting the ECU again. I had the check engine light come on and disconnected the battery for 10 minutes or so and it didn't go away. I disconnected it again overnight adn it went away and it hasn't come on since.
Old 02-05-2002 | 11:44 PM

Re: It's me again about "Service Engine Soon".......

Originally posted by Woo Cho
I post up a thread last time about service engine soon light came on at dash, I took it to shop got it scanned and reseted so the display was gone. guy said it's nothing major it came on cuz of my intake(I got Stillen) he was saying that it's pulling in too much of cold air and the sensor(catalyst conv.) was confused or something and he said only way I'm not going to see that display again is to either switch back to my stock intake or jus ignore the display cuz if I don't switch back the intake it'll most likely come back on. I'm not sure if this is true or not.......
Yes and No, depends on what other mods you have, if you have Y-Pipe and high flow Cat,chances are, you will see the light again. Oh, if you are Cali Emission, there is a TSB regarding Cat failure(error code 0420), the dealers have to re-flash your ECU in order to fix the problem.
Old 02-05-2002 | 11:58 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

C E L

I have had the check engine light on my car ever since I put the PR CAI on my car and I have not been able to get it to go away. I have not had any problems with my car and I have just driven with it on now for the last year or so. But as far as I know there is not very many people that have this problem but it is possible that you have one of the maximas that just doesn't want to accept what we want to give it.

Woo I say just deal with it, but go ahead and try the disconnecting the battery thing, sometimes that works for some people.

Blake
Old 02-06-2002 | 04:32 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: C E L

Originally posted by nvmymax2
I have had the check engine light on my car ever since I put the PR CAI on my car and I have not been able to get it to go away. I have not had any problems with my car and I have just driven with it on now for the last year or so. But as far as I know there is not very many people that have this problem but it is possible that you have one of the maximas that just doesn't want to accept what we want to give it.

Woo I say just deal with it, but go ahead and try the disconnecting the battery thing, sometimes that works for some people.

Blake
I had the same problem with my 2K1 Max. When I had the PR Cai, I got the CEL. I drove it around for a few months. I was also given the same diagnosis, there was too much cold air being pulled into the TB. Also, I noticed that the CEL started with the Bank1 O2 sensor running lean, then after a few months both Bank1 & Bank2 were running lean. So I took it out, put back my JWT and no more CEL. It's been perfect ever since. Been running with Y-pipe, full-cat back, RT Cat.. What I'm gonna try this weekend is take the upper tube of the PR Cai, remove my resonator connected to the TB. Use the PR Cai tube straight to the JWT. Should be louder
Old 02-06-2002 | 08:38 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: C E L

Originally posted by PCGuRu2K

I had the same problem with my 2K1 Max. When I had the PR Cai, I got the CEL. I drove it around for a few months. I was also given the same diagnosis, there was too much cold air being pulled into the TB. Also, I noticed that the CEL started with the Bank1 O2 sensor running lean, then after a few months both Bank1 & Bank2 were running lean. So I took it out, put back my JWT and no more CEL. It's been perfect ever since. Been running with Y-pipe, full-cat back, RT Cat.. What I'm gonna try this weekend is take the upper tube of the PR Cai, remove my resonator connected to the TB. Use the PR Cai tube straight to the JWT. Should be louder
Cool, let us know how it goes I might try it to see if it will make my CEL go away. I think that the only thing I didn't try was going back to my stock intake. Keep us updated.