5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Pro Blend Transmission Treatment

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2002 | 08:38 AM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

Pro Blend Transmission Treatment

I am wondering if anyone has experience with pro blend tranmission treatment. They claim lower operating temp, better shifting and less wear due to increased friction. I am always skeptical of these kind of products but red line water wetter worked great for me so I want to see if anyone has used this product? I dont have a tranny cooler and thought it might be worth it. It also says it doesnt have any silicone, moly or teflon so any feedback on it would be appreciated.
Old 02-06-2002 | 08:45 AM

I am very confused

under your profile you have a tranny cooler listed, but your post states you do not, which is it?

You mentioned you have used Redline's water wetter, have you tried their tranny fluid. I did at 30K and was happy with the results. The tranny fluid change is listed under the how to section.
Old 02-06-2002 | 08:53 AM

I agree. Why not just switch to Redline and then have fully synthetic fluid rather than just adding something to regular fluid? So far most of us with the Redline have had good results.
Old 02-06-2002 | 09:02 AM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

i do have a tranny cooler but its sitting in my closet. i just listed right after i bought it. ive only got 9k miles on it right now so im not looking to drain and fill yet, just looking for something to hold me over til then.
Old 02-06-2002 | 10:11 AM

I assume you have an ATX, although some of the other folks seem to refer to MTX. I haven't tried the Pro Blend, but I am currently using Lubegard ATX additive. The two products seem to be trying to do the same thing. Before trying the Lubegard, I had read a number of posts (on other boards) recommending it. It does make the trans shift quicker and smoother. It takes a day of driving to fully do its thing.
Old 02-06-2002 | 10:28 AM

Re: Pro Blend Transmission Treatment

Originally posted by sloppymax
I am wondering if anyone has experience with pro blend tranmission treatment. They claim lower operating temp, better shifting and less wear due to increased friction. I am always skeptical of these kind of products but red line water wetter worked great for me so I want to see if anyone has used this product? I dont have a tranny cooler and thought it might be worth it. It also says it doesnt have any silicone, moly or teflon so any feedback on it would be appreciated.
You CAN'T go wrong with Pro Blend. I first began using it over 15 years ago when I started to make some serious N2O power on my drag bikes. What they claim it will do isn't BS, I've used it in enough engines and transmissions which had subsequently internal inspection to have confirmed the value of their products. Pro Blend will be going in my Maxima (engine and transmission) when I get around to the first oil change.

While there are lotsa 'snake oils' out there Pro Blend is NOT one of them.

BTW, I live in Canada and have no affiliation what-so-ever with Pro Blend. I pay full price for it but buy it by the case so it's a little cheaper and I always have some around.
Old 02-06-2002 | 10:38 AM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

thats good to hear, im going to go ahead and drop it in and change to some kind of synthetic atf when its time.
Old 02-06-2002 | 10:47 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

I used Lube Guard last month, and it did make a noticable difference. I recommend it.