5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Sat in Pre-Production G35 today

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2002, 05:48 PM

Sat in Pre-Production G35 today

Sport model with black leather/NAV/spoiler&bodykit/... it was loaded

Quality is very nice (even for preme)

It's a bit tight for those who are big (6'3" ~245lbs not fat )
Back seat becomes useless for the person sitting behind tall driver, but the reclining rear seats help alot.

Rims look very nice in person.

Car has a presence, hard to explain but some may get what I mean

Rear is pretty damn sexy.

Well the whole car is pretty damn sexy.

Sweet tone

Little more wheel gap than what I would like, but not bad, it may be more noticable on a lighter car.

Car does seem to sit low, that's a good thing (bodykit helps)

Overvall feelings.
Car will have to preform pretty damn good for me to jump out of my MAX into it. After sitting in it and then in my MAX, I could feel the space difference, and the quality is on par. If the space issue will turn car into a coupe because of the back seat, then I will just buy a coupe to start with. I forgot where I read it but it doesn't have a LSD(could be wrong), to me that's a big deal. If getting a loaded G35 gets too close to a 3 Series I would just buy a 3 Series even with the power difference. OH, Acura, Lexus, Audi, Volvo, Benz, are in serious trouble this car can go toe to toe with any of them. Again as a Max owner, this car will have to convincingly out perform the Max to make me "jump" (break lease, take a loss ....). I want to see the next max or the other new Infiniti. The Alty is also a competitor (the last one I sat in: the interior was very nice and tight)
Old 02-13-2002, 06:22 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

hmmm...i thought the rear looked too much like a square 3 series...but that's my only complaint..
Old 02-13-2002, 07:54 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

so where is the PIC?
Old 02-13-2002, 08:15 PM

Here are some pics from autoweek...
Rear
Side
In Action
Another Rear
Auto Magic
Rear Lights
Old 02-13-2002, 08:28 PM

Re: Sat in Pre-Production G35 today

Originally posted by jbgoodmax
Sport model with black leather/NAV/spoiler&bodykit/... it was loaded

Quality is very nice (even for preme)

It's a bit tight for those who are big (6'3" ~245lbs not fat )
Back seat becomes useless for the person sitting behind tall driver, but the reclining rear seats help alot.

Rims look very nice in person.

Car has a presence, hard to explain but some may get what I mean

Rear is pretty damn sexy.

Well the whole car is pretty damn sexy.

Amen my Max brother, you are preaching to the choir. The G35 comes up to about $35k fully loaded. The 330CI can be obtained though priceline .com, fully laoded $39k. I am not in love with my Max, but would love to get a next gen when it comes out. I have read numerous articles in different that it is supposed to compete in E430 territory. I think for the $$$, even with our cars defects, we have gotten a heck of a bang for the buck. I would not dream of buying a Max @ $35+. The reason Japanese cars became so popular is because they offered a lot of features for less $$$ than German manufacturers. I hope that 350Z blows my mind away when I see it at the auto show here in Dallas in a couple of weeks. Just my $.02

Sweet tone

Little more wheel gap than what I would like, but not bad, it may be more noticable on a lighter car.

Car does seem to sit low, that's a good thing (bodykit helps)

Overvall feelings.
Car will have to preform pretty damn good for me to jump out of my MAX into it. After sitting in it and then in my MAX, I could feel the space difference, and the quality is on par. If the space issue will turn car into a coupe because of the back seat, then I will just buy a coupe to start with. I forgot where I read it but it doesn't have a LSD(could be wrong), to me that's a big deal. If getting a loaded G35 gets too close to a 3 Series I would just buy a 3 Series even with the power difference. OH, Acura, Lexus, Audi, Volvo, Benz, are in serious trouble this car can go toe to toe with any of them. Again as a Max owner, this car will have to convincingly out perform the Max to make me "jump" (break lease, take a loss ....). I want to see the next max or the other new Infiniti. The Alty is also a competitor (the last one I sat in: the interior was very nice and tight)
Old 02-13-2002, 08:31 PM

It looks okay to me, I mean how bad can a Nissan/Infiniti get anyways? but I am not a big fan of the stying, so I would still have to say the MAX is better......I also learned that the max is better performing than I thought it is a few days ago, I think i'll stick to the MAXIMUM of MAX.
Old 02-14-2002, 05:54 PM

Just not moved

Originally posted by 2M0A0X2
It looks okay to me, I mean how bad can a Nissan/Infiniti get anyways? but I am not a big fan of the stying, so I would still have to say the MAX is better......I also learned that the max is better performing than I thought it is a few days ago, I think i'll stick to the MAXIMUM of MAX.
For $35,750 MSRP (loaded), It's a steal compared to other car's in it's class with similar options. But stack it next to a Max or Alty at about 200 over invoice, it's hard to pay the extra $, well the I35 even comes into the picture at this point. I know some people will say the service and warranty .... but nevertheless the Max has always been hard to beat in the # for # and $ for $ comparisions with cars who are supposed to be upscale.

I did some pricing:
Audi A4 6sp Q: $38,900 with less power
Audi S4: ~$44K with similar eq. and less power
C320: ~$46,600 K with similar eq and less power.
330i: ~$44,500 with similar eq less power.

Max 2002 6-sp: ~$27,000 not MSRP Damn, gotta love the MAx