5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Berk Tuning Intake

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2002, 07:02 PM

Berk Tuning Intake

Does anyone have dyno results on a 2K2 or 2000+ with their intake? I sent them an e-mail a few days ago asking for results along with the availabilty on a 2K2 and I haven't gotten a response. Also their site seems be down half the time at night.

Jeff
Old 02-15-2002, 02:00 AM

Re: Berk Tuning Intake

Originally posted by jefferdy1
Does anyone have dyno results on a 2K2 or 2000+ with their intake? I sent them an e-mail a few days ago asking for results along with the availabilty on a 2K2 and I haven't gotten a response. Also their site seems be down half the time at night.

Jeff
i don't think there's a dyno specifically with the berk tech intake. i've got mine in and i can tell you that i certainly feel a difference, tho very slight. there's a nice bit of a little sumtin extra at wot and a bit better throttle response at lower rpm. probably same for all pop chargers tho.
the consensus seems to be that the berk offers the 'excellent tone, not obnoxious sound' that some of us are looking for. there's louder ones on the market, but i would think that performance differences between all the intakes (except the prcai) is only 2-3 hp, if that.
Old 02-16-2002, 09:07 AM

Re: Re: Berk Tuning Intake

Originally posted by serin
there's louder ones on the market, but i would think that performance differences between all the intakes (except the prcai) is only 2-3 hp, if that.
Hi Serin, because of the nice weather over here, I want to install the Berk Tech Intake today, I was wondering if there is any good pics of the installation, cuz while checking in the engine bay I saw some tubing that is hooked up to the original air box and I'm wondering were it goes after the removal of stock air box ?

Thanks for helping

André or better known as doublea
Old 02-16-2002, 09:57 AM

Re: Re: Berk Tuning Intake

Originally posted by serin

i don't think there's a dyno specifically with the berk tech intake. i've got mine in and i can tell you that i certainly feel a difference, tho very slight. there's a nice bit of a little sumtin extra at wot and a bit better throttle response at lower rpm. probably same for all pop chargers tho.
the consensus seems to be that the berk offers the 'excellent tone, not obnoxious sound' that some of us are looking for. there's louder ones on the market, but i would think that performance differences between all the intakes (except the prcai) is only 2-3 hp, if that.
I agree, I think it probably gave 2-3hp. I have more torque steer in first and second now, and I chirp third every time....I talked to one guy on the org, I dont remember his name, and he said his car dynoed from baseline, with the Stillen style filter(conical) gave him 6 peak horsepower, and the Maxima right next to him had the K&N like ours(cylindrical) and it gained 8 peak horsepower from baseline. That sounds like a lot, but he wouldn't have had any reason to lie to me.
Old 02-17-2002, 10:03 PM

Re: Re: Re: Berk Tuning Intake

Originally posted by doublea

Hi Serin, because of the nice weather over here, I want to install the Berk Tech Intake today, I was wondering if there is any good pics of the installation, cuz while checking in the engine bay I saw some tubing that is hooked up to the original air box and I'm wondering were it goes after the removal of stock air box ?

Thanks for helping

André or better known as doublea
um, good question. i don't know of any pictures specific to the berk installation, but the placement of all the tubing, etc is the same for all the intakes. i just used the zip tie that bryan provides to secure the tubing to the airbox brackets. once you get in there you'll see what i mean. everything you'll need is included so don't worry too much about it.