5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

klasse and california water blade

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2002, 08:08 AM
jun

klasse and california water blade

just curious about this following products, klasse all in one, klasse high gloss sealant glaze and california water blade...anybody use this products?
Old 02-27-2002, 08:42 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I use the water blade...

...and it's VERY ODD at first!

It does NOT like curves very much, so you either have to use your fingers to make the blade conform to the shape of the surface you're squeegee-ing.

Also, I drape a towel over my shoulder...after one sweep of the water blade, I wipe the wet edge of the blade off on the towel. Otherwise, water still on the blade will fall back on the car. When you've bladed everything you can on the car, go back over it with a towel or Absorber. You WILL still have some waterspots (like on my BLACK Max) but I actually let them dry off and then go over them with Meguiars Quick Detailer to remove the leftover mineral ring on the paint.

All in all...it's a very good product. I wouldn't have it if I had a jellybean car lihe a Kia, Hyundai, or Eclipse, but it works well on 80% of the Max's surfaces.
Old 02-27-2002, 09:40 AM

i just got my klasse AIO and SG last week. i did the initial detail i think on sunday. that included, a wash with dawn, then a pass over the car with some mother's clay bar, and then a wash with meguirs gold class. then i dried the car, with my absorber, and then i put on the AIO, and wiped it off with a microfiber towel. then i put on the first coat of SG, let it dry for about an hour, and wiped it off with another MF.

it looked awesome. then it rained the next day. and then next day after. and when the sun came out... i was damn surprised at how clean the car still was compared to when i used to wax with meguirs professional line.

yesterday in between classes, i washed the car and put down another layer of SG. let it dry for 30 minutes and then wiped it off. supposedly the best look with klasse is when several, like 5 coats, of SG are applied with about at least 24 hours curing time in between.

and the good thing about klasse is that, the 2 bottles should last a long time, as you should not have to use AIO too often, and SG requires the smallest amount. i used about 5 drops of the SG for the entire hood.

i recommend klasse.

now onto the cali water blade. it's a nice product, but i can't seem to completely dry the car with it. after i applied my klasse to the max, all i do is take a blower (the thing for the lawn) and blow dry the car, best thing i've done. and it is almost completely dry. i don't like wiping stuff over the car cause it might cause swirls.

i think i might be turning **** about the whole keeping the car clean thing.
Old 02-27-2002, 10:03 AM

Dont know about the Klasse products, but I use the California Water blade and it is awesome. Cuts down drying time significantly.

GC
Old 02-27-2002, 10:07 AM
swallac2

I bought the water blade a couple of weeks after getting the car. This car spots up easier then any car I have ever had. In anycase like the guy above said, it doesn't like curves. After one sweep I just shake the thing to get the water off the blade and then go again. It has just about cut my drying time in half, and much less in teh way of spots. I just keep a towel with me and go behind for whatever it misses, work better then have to shammy(spelling) the car and go over it 2 or 3 times.

It's a bit pricey (20 bucks) but worth every penny!!

Old 02-27-2002, 10:14 AM

i think the waterblade is awesome with the windows though.
Old 02-27-2002, 10:15 AM
Very sound, Mike

heres another vote for the blade! drying up the car in less time with half the effort is a real plus!

not to mention, the faster you dry it the lesser chances of having spots all over the place.
Old 02-27-2002, 10:31 AM
Kal

The blade is worth its 20 dollars. Sure it doesnt completely dry the car but it cuts down the drying time alot. i'll use the blade first then go over the car again with some towels and its been nice everytime.
Old 02-27-2002, 10:53 AM

I got the water blade abotu 1 month ago... this is a must have product... either you live somewhere very hot so you need to dry the car up really fast.. or you live somewhere cold(like me..) where you need to dry the car up before your hand freezed.... it doesn't like the curve much... but what I did is just try to get as much as off first.. then just towel dry whatever water left on the car... it might seem odd to use first because it makes that sqeeking sound.... but so far so good.. no scratches or anything
Old 02-27-2002, 12:05 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I have to emphasize Max2000's comment: when it's COLD (like here in Ohio) the waterblade is a Godsend. I wash my car every Saturday and I would hate to have to hold on to an ice-cold wet towel. Plus, when it's REALLY cold, your car would be ice in no time...the waterblade gets rid of the water quickly, before it has a chance to freeze.

I got mine from Advance Auto Parts in the fall for $10...I remember seeing it on an infomercial when it first came out for $20, but it's very cheap around here! JUST BE SURE TO REMOVE ALL FOREIGN OBJECTS FROM THE PAINT'S SURFACE BEFORE USING THE BLADE! We all take good care of our cars so that shouldn't be a problem.
Old 02-27-2002, 12:23 PM
jjs

Where did you get the stuff from?

Originally posted by victor
i just got my klasse AIO and SG last week. i did the initial detail i think on sunday. that included, a wash with dawn, then a pass over the car with some mother's clay bar, and then a wash with meguirs gold class. then i dried the car, with my absorber, and then i put on the AIO, and wiped it off with a microfiber towel. then i put on the first coat of SG, let it dry for about an hour, and wiped it off with another MF.

it looked awesome. then it rained the next day. and then next day after. and when the sun came out... i was damn surprised at how clean the car still was compared to when i used to wax with meguirs professional line.

yesterday in between classes, i washed the car and put down another layer of SG. let it dry for 30 minutes and then wiped it off. supposedly the best look with klasse is when several, like 5 coats, of SG are applied with about at least 24 hours curing time in between.

and the good thing about klasse is that, the 2 bottles should last a long time, as you should not have to use AIO too often, and SG requires the smallest amount. i used about 5 drops of the SG for the entire hood.

i recommend klasse.

now onto the cali water blade. it's a nice product, but i can't seem to completely dry the car with it. after i applied my klasse to the max, all i do is take a blower (the thing for the lawn) and blow dry the car, best thing i've done. and it is almost completely dry. i don't like wiping stuff over the car cause it might cause swirls.

i think i might be turning **** about the whole keeping the car clean thing.
Over the counter parts store or mail order? From whom?

Thanks!
Old 02-27-2002, 02:30 PM
OG and counting...

Klasse and Water Blade

CWB (California Water Blade):

I have been using my Water Blade for the past few months and I am happy I got it because it saves me a whole lot of drying time. However, you must bear in mind that the material they use is so efficient in its job that one foreign object can render your paint job FUBARed. I wholeheartedly recommend cleaning the blade before using and if it's been dropped on the ground. I got mine at AutoZone. You can get them at almost any parts store.

Klasse:

You can get Klasse at www.properautocare.com, www.tacscar.com, and www.autodetail.com. I currently use Klasse with a Pinnacle Souveran topper and it looks very lovely. The key to success with Klasse is adequate paint preparation. I did the same thing as one poster on this thread with the exception of using 3M Swirl Mark Remover for Dark Cars. On my '94, I applied Klasse All in One 2x and Sealant Glaze 2x. The more you apply the sealant glaze, the deeper the shine is. If you desire to top it off with a carnuba, I would recommend Souveran (Best Shine), P21s, One Grand Blitz (better durability), and even Meguiar's #26. As proof, here is a thread containing pics of my '94 with Klasse http://www.autopia-carport.com/forum...turday+Project
Old 02-27-2002, 06:16 PM
jun

thanks for all the feedback guys for this products. i'm gonna order them this weekend and hopefully be here by next week and will give updates as soon i use it
Old 02-27-2002, 08:38 PM

I got mine at Autozone... 20 bucks...
Old 02-27-2002, 09:04 PM

i got my klasse two part in a group buy over in the autopia forum, which prinzII, has put a link to on his post, the link with his car. i think i ended up paying 40 total, but i threw in a microfiber towel. i'm not sure if the deal is still going though.