5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Finally, getting our PROPS

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2002, 07:45 AM

Finally, getting our PROPS

First and foremost I would like to thank Motor Trend (Thank you Motor Trend)for giving us a fair right up; it's about time a "real" magazine stepped and did this!

We all know that the Altima is taking over the spot where the Maxima has clearly dominated and doing great but please try not to mention their name so much especially when it concerns the MAX!!! lol j/k

Russ, I know you will respond so TIA.

Here's the link, enjoy:
MAX
Old 03-08-2002, 08:47 AM

I have the MT mag that the little 1/2 page article is in, and would like to note that there is also a 3 page Altima ad AND a 7 picture, 3 page Altima article in the same magazine. In the Altima article, they get 6.28 for 0-60 while they "estimate" 6.4 for the Max (which we all know is not true). So it seems MT is "mentioning" the Alty's name and giving it the "PROPS". Thanks for the link to the article but I'm not gonna settle for a mediocre report on my max, the only props I need are gonna come from me and those in my rearview.
Don't take this as a flame, the Maxima article by itself is probably one of the more favorable ones written.
Old 03-08-2002, 09:32 AM
It's chrome alright...

Re: Finally, getting our PROPS

Again, not to flame, but I don't see much that's favorable about that article. I felt it was more of the same "a little sportier, but why are they making it" we've been hearing since the Altima got bigger.

Originally posted by QUE2K2GLE
First and foremost I would like to thank Motor Trend (Thank you Motor Trend)for giving us a fair right up; it's about time a "real" magazine stepped and did this!

We all know that the Altima is taking over the spot where the Maxima has clearly dominated and doing great but please try not to mention their name so much especially when it concerns the MAX!!! lol j/k

Russ, I know you will respond so TIA.

Here's the link, enjoy:
MAX
Old 03-08-2002, 10:04 AM

that article seemed to be a half-hearted compliment to the maxima.

"Bottom line: For those who don't flock to the latest automotive fashion, and are willing to trade off a bit of comfort for better-than-average performance, the Maxima may be the bargain of '02"

did they forget how crappy the inside of the altima is? that article kind of annoys me. the only good thing they said was "better-than-average performance" but it was preceeded by a "con" in their book.
Old 03-08-2002, 10:24 AM

Re: Re: Finally, getting our PROPS

Originally posted by 2k2wannabe
Again, not to flame, but I don't see much that's favorable about that article. I felt it was more of the same "a little sportier, but why are they making it" we've been hearing since the Altima got

It seems like that's the way Nissan intended it. I'm happy about the fact that the Altima is getting all the attention, in a weird sort of way. If it (Altima) were a flop then that would effect Nissan as a whole IMHO. The objective IMHO was to put the Max on the back burner to free up room for the Altima. Its an added bonus to Nissan that the Max is selling the way it is; this I believe was unintended and unexpected, hence the "delays" on some orders. (Same w/altima)

Revised the entire outlook on 02 & 03.

Consumers, especially past owners of the Max know the truth of the matter and the cars differences/similarities. Why are they making it? I don't think that they could support two all new vehicles "same cless at the same time. They are stretching the New releases out. Part of the NRP 180. 12 New models in 02'

Spec V, Altima, Q45, March, G35, 350Z, etc.
Old 03-08-2002, 10:26 AM

What do they mean by "long Legs"? Is that in reference to not reving as high and power not available at the top of the revband? Would an intake help this at all or is that just how the car/engine is desined?
Old 03-08-2002, 10:54 AM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Finally, getting our PROPS

Old 03-08-2002, 11:32 AM

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac
when are you changing to "RussCL'SaManiac" (Russell's a maniac)?

Old 03-08-2002, 11:57 AM

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac
Dude, you don't go out often do you ? I've seen your name on every freaking car forum on the net, I thought you're a car enthusiast with taste, but you drive a freaking Acura CL (the most boring design to ever come out from Japan) with a slush box .... booooooooring
Old 03-09-2002, 07:52 PM

Re: Re: Re: Finally, getting our PROPS

Originally posted by madmax2k1

Dude, you don't go out often do you ? I've seen your name on every freaking car forum on the net, I thought you're a car enthusiast with taste, but you drive a freaking Acura CL (the most boring design to ever come out from Japan) with a slush box .... booooooooring
haha.....if u saw him in every forum, that means u go to lotz of forums and don't go out much either.....
Old 03-09-2002, 10:48 PM

Re: Re: Re: Finally, getting our PROPS

Originally posted by mattattax

when are you changing to "RussCL'SaManiac" (Russell's a maniac)?

That is hysterical!