5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Nissan Trying to Improve Dealerships ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2002, 10:40 PM

Nissan Trying to Improve Dealerships ???

Well after my recent visit to the dealer to get my car checked out, Nissan North America sent me a questionare asking how my experience was at the dealer. After reading all the bad experiences with Nissan dealers and experiencing the bad service a couple times myself it looks like Nissan is tryin to do something bout it.
Old 03-10-2002, 11:06 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

they always send those out..

I started ripping for bad service and the questionaires stopped coming.
Old 03-11-2002, 04:48 AM

Re: Nissan Trying to Improve Dealerships ???

Originally posted by Max2K
Well after my recent visit to the dealer to get my car checked out, Nissan North America sent me a questionare asking how my experience was at the dealer. After reading all the bad experiences with Nissan dealers and experiencing the bad service a couple times myself it looks like Nissan is tryin to do something bout it.
I've been getting the questionaires after every service appointment. Nissan is definitely keeping track of your comments. I ripped one of the local dealers a couple of months ago. Then, following another visit to a different dealer, the questionaire I got from Nissan made direct reference to the fact that I was not happy with my previous service.

It's a good thing.
Old 03-11-2002, 08:34 AM

i ripped one up and sent them that in the mail
Old 03-11-2002, 08:42 AM

My service dealer told me I would be getting a survey. He asked that if I was going to put anything other than "very satisfied" that I call him first to try to resolve the issue beforing marking the survey card or to come down and he would help me fill it out. YEAH RIGHT!! I have owned about 7 cars in the last 10 years, this is my first Nissan. Love the car hate the service/dealership. Never seen a place so "uncustomer" oriented. Oh well, I did get a survey, I did fill it out, I did mark it honestly ( "unsatisfied") and I did not call them when I did it (I did however make a copy of it and send it to them) Not a word from ANYONE yet. By the way bought the car in Nov. first experience with service was 3 days later and it was NOT a happy one. My complaints continue to be ignored by them and Nissan. Oh well..........
Old 03-11-2002, 11:21 AM

I hate Nissan Service.......no I detest Nissan Service......I f*cking abhor Nissan service.....I want to kill people at Nissan Service (Bayridge and Staten Island).

F*CK NISSAN SERVICE!!

piece of sh*t cocksucking worthless f*cking sons of f*cking ***** m*therf*ckers!!!

those are just a few things that come to mind when Nissan service is mentioned.....
Old 03-11-2002, 11:50 AM

so..

how do you *really* feel.. dont hold back now...
Old 03-11-2002, 01:50 PM
swallac2

Wow, I couldn't have been treated better. I took my car to Tischer Nissan in Laurel, Md. They comp'ed the oil change (I never bought the car there) then had free soda, juice, coffee, and donuts in the waiting room. I have never been treated like that, by Pontiac or Honda. I think Honda was the worst, my car always had finger prints and grease marks everytime it came out of there. Then I always felt like the Honda people were being falsly nice, like nice to my face, crappy behind my back. My first Nissan experience was great though, granted I didn't have anything to fix. When I went to Carmax, before I even openned my mouth I felt like I was "bothering" them just by being there. I need to have a couple of things fixed next time though, I'll have to see how it goes.

Old 03-11-2002, 02:28 PM

Originally posted by joee1
My service dealer told me I would be getting a survey. He asked that if I was going to put anything other than "very satisfied" that I call him first to try to resolve the issue beforing marking the survey card or to come down and he would help me fill it out. YEAH RIGHT!! I have owned about 7 cars in the last 10 years, this is my first Nissan. Love the car hate the service/dealership. Never seen a place so "uncustomer" oriented. Oh well, I did get a survey, I did fill it out, I did mark it honestly ( "unsatisfied") and I did not call them when I did it (I did however make a copy of it and send it to them) Not a word from ANYONE yet. By the way bought the car in Nov. first experience with service was 3 days later and it was NOT a happy one. My complaints continue to be ignored by them and Nissan. Oh well..........
the reason they told u to call if u marked anything other than "very satisfied" is bc they supposively get and ear full when the report goes to nissan! i know the salesmen get a extra 100 bucks if u mark very satisfied all the way down not sure about service though!

will
Old 03-11-2002, 03:21 PM

BayRidge Nissan????

Are you insane to go there?
They are complete A**holes.
i went there a few yrs ago to look at Accords with my friend (whose buying) 1st question they ask = "How much do you make?"
we look young, but please! we just walked out. They are known for HORRIBLE service & sales ppl are racist. if you are rich you wouldn't go buy a Honda!

Simply overall nasty sales ppl in bklyn, especially around bayridge.
Much better to buy from a dealer in the suburbs.
Old 03-11-2002, 04:02 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by swallac2
Wow, I couldn't have been treated better. I took my car to Tischer Nissan in Laurel, Md. They comp'ed the oil change (I never bought the car there) then had free soda, juice, coffee, and donuts in the waiting room. I have never been treated like that, by Pontiac or Honda. I think Honda was the worst, my car always had finger prints and grease marks everytime it came out of there. Then I always felt like the Honda people were being falsly nice, like nice to my face, crappy behind my back. My first Nissan experience was great though, granted I didn't have anything to fix. When I went to Carmax, before I even openned my mouth I felt like I was "bothering" them just by being there. I need to have a couple of things fixed next time though, I'll have to see how it goes.
oooo, maybe I need to start driving to Laurel. Actually I go to Passport in Alexandria, VA. They are pretty nice, and quick. The service guy said that my intake is cool and shouldn't be an issue.

Unfortunately I bought my car at Rosenthal Nissan in Tyson's Corner. NEVER GO THERE!!! They are IDIOTS!! I called the Service Department, because they owe me 2 years of free service, to ask about the 2k2 recall, the Huck Finn Wanna be on the Phone PI$$ed me off so bad I hung up and I will never go back there. Don't even get me started with my buying experience there.

Saddly the only reason I didn't buy my car at Passport was because I went there 4 times to see the new MAX and the doods never talked to me. Like a dood in a T-shirt and shorts doesn't have the money. I guess they should have gotten off their **** and stopped talking about ****. OK that is enough from me.
Old 03-11-2002, 04:21 PM
swallac2

Originally posted by dblrr900

oooo, maybe I need to start driving to Laurel. Actually I go to Passport in Alexandria, VA. They are pretty nice, and quick. The service guy said that my intake is cool and shouldn't be an issue.

Unfortunately I bought my car at Rosenthal Nissan in Tyson's Corner. NEVER GO THERE!!! They are IDIOTS!! I called the Service Department, because they owe me 2 years of free service, to ask about the 2k2 recall, the Huck Finn Wanna be on the Phone PI$$ed me off so bad I hung up and I will never go back there. Don't even get me started with my buying experience there.

Saddly the only reason I didn't buy my car at Passport was because I went there 4 times to see the new MAX and the doods never talked to me. Like a dood in a T-shirt and shorts doesn't have the money. I guess they should have gotten off their **** and stopped talking about ****. OK that is enough from me.
I got no help at a Chevy dealer looking at Trailblazers. I went inside openned every door, looked at the interior, no one budged. Walked outside, looked at the sticker of all 11 Trailblazers on the lot, still nothing. Then a guy walked out, past me, then finally turned and asked if I needed help. I told him I did, 10 mins ago and that they could keep their truck. Hmm and sales are down ya say, huh?

Old 03-11-2002, 08:10 PM

Guys, I work at a Dealership (Toyota) as a Assistant Service Manager and let me tell you this. Every Manufacture does service surveys differently. I will say that if I help you with service, you get a survey (and I do everything to exceed your expectations as I normally do) and I get slammed on a survey you can bet that I WILL ensure that you NEVER (i get a bonus for every 100% return) get a survey again. Believe it or not most dealers WANT to fix your cars, but we have to be able to also. This means that we have verify the concern and make a repair. My advice, show them the problem and if it's normal they should be able to prove (test drive a like car) that it is. When you get that survey call the Service Manager and ask him what you do with it if your problem still exsists tell him you don't to send it in until you can make it 100%. I bet they will help (I would) if they really care. The service survey is the dealers report card, make them (us) work to earn the good grades we will all win.

SS

"I may not be as talented as Michael Jordan but I am just as old!"
Old 03-12-2002, 06:36 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Originally posted by ssiperko
Guys, I work at a Dealership (Toyota) as a Assistant Service Manager and let me tell you this. Every Manufacture does service surveys differently. I will say that if I help you with service, you get a survey (and I do everything to exceed your expectations as I normally do) and I get slammed on a survey you can bet that I WILL ensure that you NEVER (i get a bonus for every 100% return) get a survey again. Believe it or not most dealers WANT to fix your cars, but we have to be able to also. This means that we have verify the concern and make a repair. My advice, show them the problem and if it's normal they should be able to prove (test drive a like car) that it is. When you get that survey call the Service Manager and ask him what you do with it if your problem still exsists tell him you don't to send it in until you can make it 100%. I bet they will help (I would) if they really care. The service survey is the dealers report card, make them (us) work to earn the good grades we will all win.

SS

So what would you do in the situation that your tech damages a customers vehicle? Not once, not twice but THREE times? I went in for some interior work and they scratched my door, messed up my radio face, and this time messed up my shift **** (AE version) and scratched my shift bezel. The previous two items have been taken car of. The SM is working with me on this last one, but its not really directly his fault. Its the tech fault. But, I still have to drive 10 miles outta my way (20 round trip) to have it "inspected" and then parts ordered. Why should I have to argue to get my car back the way it was give to you? I.E. if you broke the parts...tell me they are on order....don't let me find them and get ticked off!

He has asked me not to hammer him on the report, which I will not because I said I would not, but I am having a hard time not doing it. If I give good marks, I am perpetuating bad service. I am thinking of just not sending it in. He does not get hammered and I don't have to lie.
Old 03-12-2002, 07:12 AM

yeah...

I *always* take some sort of damage to my car when in for service. Except the last time. I said "look, every Nissan dealer seems to want to scratch my car, track grease in, ect. Lets do a walk around, rental car style" SM was cool about it and not a scratch. A little grease on my steering wheel leather but I got that off quickly.
Old 03-12-2002, 07:28 AM

Originally posted by WILLSE

the reason they told u to call if u marked anything other than "very satisfied" is bc they supposively get and ear full when the report goes to nissan! i know the salesmen get a extra 100 bucks if u mark very satisfied all the way down not sure about service though!

will
That's why they were so nice to me just after I bought my 2k1 last year. They suggest (strongly suggest) to put very satisfied on the survey. OK, the salesman was VERY ok with me, and took care as much as a salesperson can. OK, the car was in perfect condition at delivery. OK the first time I went for service was above average... But on the next service, I felt I was just another regular customer, not worthing more than the guy who came in with is rusty '89 sentra.

I'm also a salesperson, and if I would only be 10% as crappy as Nissan's service peoples, I would be fired on the spot by my boss.

Many (not all, but many) after sales people don't know, or are not proprely trained to handle customers like us. They can handle mechanical problems, but forget about human problems (u know, human relation, customer service, smiling, being nice, polite, .....)

The problem is not with Nissan, it's with all the automotive industry...

But again, it's my POV!!!

Old 03-12-2002, 04:19 PM
swallac2

Re: yeah...

Originally posted by TimW
I *always* take some sort of damage to my car when in for service. Except the last time. I said "look, every Nissan dealer seems to want to scratch my car, track grease in, ect. Lets do a walk around, rental car style" SM was cool about it and not a scratch. A little grease on my steering wheel leather but I got that off quickly.
I was surprised, Tischer even put plastic over the steering wheel. The car was in perfect shape when I go *** back.

Old 03-12-2002, 07:55 PM

If we damage your car we will fix it! But you are right, a "walk around" should be performed to protect not only the customer but the service center. I cannot tell you how many times I have informed a customer of a scratch/ding/dent and be told "I didn't even it see that" knowing damn well at the time I deliver it back to them that I would have been told that it happened in my shop. As for trim scratches ect I make sure that the tech who did it (when it happens cuz it will) knows and they DO NOT get paid to install the new part that store has to pay for! I kinda disagree about customer handling skills though. A good dealer will ensure that his service staff is very well trained from top to bottom, not just the guys who fix the car but the guys who fix the customers too. I am not a former tech (I could be but choose not to) and don't pretend to be. My job is to get as much information from the customer to help fix the problem be it the car the customer or both. I HAVE to listen and communicate properly with not only the customer but the tech's. I feel it is my job to sell the next car not only service this one. If your service rep does not do that look till you find one! I earn very good money and every customer I talk to pays me to treat them well, that's my point of view at least. I am not in this business to get a 30,000 mile maint. service from you every time you come in, I'm here to take care of all your service needs from day 1 on car 1 and as long I service the brand you buy.

I have been in the car business over 25yrs and have worked in many areas (except sale)and am a assistant service manager at a Toyota dealer in northern IL.

SS

Old 03-13-2002, 03:00 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by acMAX
I hate Nissan Service.......no I detest Nissan Service......I f*cking abhor Nissan service.....I want to kill people at Nissan Service (Bayridge and Staten Island).

F*CK NISSAN SERVICE!!

piece of sh*t cocksucking worthless f*cking sons of f*cking ***** m*therf*ckers!!!

those are just a few things that come to mind when Nissan service is mentioned.....
Yeah, but how do you really feel???