5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Dealership Wrecked my car!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2002, 10:16 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Dealership Wrecked my car!!!!!

I took the car in today because the clutch is still messed up from their service and they didnt fix the Recall item when it was there. I get a call after I get home asking me to come back in and show them the clutch problem, and oh yeah, we damaged your car, but we will fix it.

I went there and the guy acted like it was no big deal and wanted me to show him the clutch issue, I went off, I was like no, what the hell happened to my car.

Basically they drove into another car, or someone in the garage backed into the car. The hood is bent in and the grill and bumper are scratched and bumped. I told them the service maanger needs to call me after his morning meeting and I want new Items from the factory on my car, I will not accept them sending it to a repair shop, I want a new Hood, Bumper, and Grill. I am sooooo Pi$$ed!!!
Old 03-25-2002, 10:24 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Re: Dealership Wrecked my car!!!!!

Originally posted by dblrr900
I took the car in today because the clutch is still messed up from their service and they didnt fix the Recall item when it was there. I get a call after I get home asking me to come back in and show them the clutch problem, and oh yeah, we damaged your car, but we will fix it.

I went there and the guy acted like it was no big deal and wanted me to show him the clutch issue, I went off, I was like no, what the hell happened to my car.

Basically they drove into another car, or someone in the garage backed into the car. The hood is bent in and the grill and bumper are scratched and bumped. I told them the service maanger needs to call me after his morning meeting and I want new Items from the factory on my car, I will not accept them sending it to a repair shop, I want a new Hood, Bumper, and Grill. I am sooooo Pi$$ed!!!
Stick to your guns. Best of luck to ya. They messed up just trim parts in my car and it was a fight to get them to replace with new not used!
Old 03-25-2002, 10:31 AM

Goddddddddddddddddddddddamn

I wouldve required the Police to remove me from the property if that happened.

Dixit
Old 03-25-2002, 10:37 AM

Be sure and demand a free loaner until they fix it. Otherwise they may drag their a$$ in getting it repaired.
Old 03-25-2002, 11:27 AM

Pardon my Language!!! But That's some real "F**KED UP SH*T"
..and oh yeah,we damaged your car..
I still don't beleive this.
Good Luck Dude!!
Old 03-25-2002, 11:27 AM

don't let them slide with anything--sorry to hear
Old 03-25-2002, 11:31 AM
I'm needing a caw

I suggest you seek your own repair shop rather then the dealer's suggestion. They don't really have a good incentive to provide top notch work. I would get in the phone book and call around for a body shop that caters to Mercedes,Porsche, Audi etc... They typically perform at a notch or two higher than the typical body shop.
Old 03-25-2002, 12:07 PM
Boost.....

Do you think for legal....warranty....whatever purposes..you should call the police for a "Formal Report"?

I dont know.....
Old 03-25-2002, 12:48 PM
jjs

I would say yes to that!

Even if they don't 'write anyone up for it', there is the requirement in most police departments to document all calls, whether or not they result in prosecution or arrest.
Old 03-25-2002, 01:40 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

I agree with Jeff. Nissan will try to take short cuts, so find a shop.

Good luck!
Old 03-25-2002, 02:03 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I would definently get a police report just in case the dealership drags their feet. I think I would probably notify my insurance company too, so they can make sure it is fixed properly.

and also, BE CAREFUL IF THEY MAKE YOU SIGN ANYTHING!!!
Old 03-25-2002, 02:22 PM

same thing happened to my wife's car. The dealership said they would fix, etc. However, they were going to fix it by hammering out the dents, etc. Told them to go take a hike, called my insurance company and then had the car towed to another dealership. My insurance company paid for everything and then recouped all costs from the dealers company. End result - got all new parts, hood, bumper, light, etc. Don't let them touch it - they'll do a half assed job cause they are paying for it.
Old 03-25-2002, 03:05 PM

make sure you get reimbursed for "loss of value" as a result of an incident. And yeah, it would make sense to take your car to be fixed someplace else. Give them the highest estimate, but take your ride to your shop, and put the difference in your pocket.
Old 03-25-2002, 03:11 PM
TCm

THAT SUCKS! It's even getting me mad just hearing about it! It's hearing stuff like this that makes me even more uneasy about dealers.
Old 03-25-2002, 04:13 PM

Thanks for the posts guys. Here is where I stand.

First off, the Tranny. Now after ****in with it last time they are replacing the clutch, flywheel, ets. Damn near everything they can to make me happy. That all somes in tomorrow.

As for the damage, I talked to the service Manager. I am a little peeved with it all still, but he told me he is having the car taken to NT Autobody here in the DC area. He stated that they are the highest rated shop in the area, I looked, yeah they are rated high. I told him I wanted a new hood, he said, that could be done, but the paint will still have to be applied here as the hood won't come from Nissan with paint. I think that may not be true, but I don't work for Nissan so I can't say for sure. I know some of you guys do, anyone know if the hood would come with Factory paint???

My biggest issue is the Paint. The dent looks like a baseball hit it after a line drive, right in the front lip of the hood. They are going to replace the grill with a new one and I think they will prolly do the same with the bumper, dunno, may be able to be repaired.

I had to hit the gym today and lose some steam. I feel better about it all now. At this point I am powerless without a lawyer (that I don't feel like messing with). The Service Manager is very responsive and wants to fix the car the BEST it can be fixed, and I do believe that. I may still demand a new hood from them just because, but I really care more about the paint job over the metal.

This day is crapp. I think I will go cry now

Thanks for the support guys!
Old 03-25-2002, 04:40 PM

you're welcome. Why are you concerned about the paint? If this is a good bodyshop, they will match your paint. You're looking at the complete repainting of the front end, look at the good side of it, paint chips are gone! Don't accept your car, do not sign any papers unless you're satisifed with everything.

btw just out of curiosity which dealership is that? I'm in Baltimore.
Old 03-25-2002, 07:34 PM

Thanks for the posts guys. Here is where I stand.

First off, the Tranny. Now after ****in with it last time they are replacing the clutch, flywheel, ets. Damn near everything they can to make me happy. That all somes in tomorrow.

As for the damage, I talked to the service Manager. I am a little peeved with it all still, but he told me he is having the car taken to NT Autobody here in the DC area. He stated that they are the highest rated shop in the area, I looked, yeah they are rated high. I told him I wanted a new hood, he said, that could be done, but the paint will still have to be applied here as the hood won't come from Nissan with paint. I think that may not be true, but I don't work for Nissan so I can't say for sure. I know some of you guys do, anyone know if the hood would come with Factory paint???

My biggest issue is the Paint. The dent looks like a baseball hit it after a line drive, right in the front lip of the hood. They are going to replace the grill with a new one and I think they will prolly do the same with the bumper, dunno, may be able to be repaired.

I had to hit the gym today and lose some steam. I feel better about it all now. At this point I am powerless without a lawyer (that I don't feel like messing with). The Service Manager is very responsive and wants to fix the car the BEST it can be fixed, and I do believe that. I may still demand a new hood from them just because, but I really care more about the paint job over the metal.

This day is crapp. I think I will go cry now

Thanks for the support guys!
Hoods do not come pre-painted so it will have to be painted to match which with the car being a 02 it should be perfect. the grill and bumper cover should also be new with a perfect paint match. As far as the other rants about a accident (which does suck! but _hit happens) it could happen ANYwhere. At least it sounds like the sm wants to make things right and to YOUR satisfaction at this point. This is a mark of a quality type organization who values your business. I have had to make that phone call in the past to inform a customer that we have damaged his/her vehicle (a broken mirror in the car wash just today) and it to sucks, but like all other bad things that happen it's how we (dealers) recover and handle the situation. It does not matter if it happens to a 02/03 or a 92 we must make things right by the customer NOT what we (the dealer) thinks is right! This does not make it any easier on you i know, and it certainly does not mean that it's right, but hopefully they will make it right for you. Oh yeah, make sure you get a loaner that also meets your expectations. Good luck!!!

SS
Old 03-25-2002, 08:25 PM

make sure u report this to yer insurance company. nissan may f*$k with you but they wont f@#k with an insurance company
Old 03-25-2002, 10:22 PM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

******* that sucks!!!!!

I hope it works out for you though...

NT Autobody here in the DC area. He stated that they are the highest rated shop in the area, I looked, yeah they are rated high.
Speaking of bodyshops, where did you find info on body shop ratings? I'm going to need to get some work done on my Max too and would like a similar resource. I'm also in the DC area (up on I-270 in MD, Germantown area )
Old 03-26-2002, 05:32 AM

Originally posted by Y2KMaxGXE-R
you're welcome. Why are you concerned about the paint? If this is a good bodyshop, they will match your paint. You're looking at the complete repainting of the front end, look at the good side of it, paint chips are gone! Don't accept your car, do not sign any papers unless you're satisifed with everything.

btw just out of curiosity which dealership is that? I'm in Baltimore.
Most guys can fix the metal, the paint is what people mess up. And it is easy to tell if a car has been touched up or if they blended the paint. I just want my car to still look new, granted they have the paint chip problems but my hood was clean fron chips, the chips I have are on the fenders. Anyhoo.

The dealership is in Alexandria, VA. Passport Nissan. I agree with SS, it seems they want to make it right, and I did come to the realization that it is going to happen. I will let you all know how it works out.
Old 03-26-2002, 05:34 AM

Originally posted by SteVTEC
******* that sucks!!!!!

I hope it works out for you though...

Speaking of bodyshops, where did you find info on body shop ratings? I'm going to need to get some work done on my Max too and would like a similar resource. I'm also in the DC area (up on I-270 in MD, Germantown area )
I did a search on Google for Auto Body and got a few links. There are some associations for this area and others, here are a coulpe links.

http://www.wmaba.com/shoplocator.html

http://autopedia.com/html/HotLinks_AutoBody.html

http://www.collision-insight.com
Old 03-26-2002, 06:07 AM

After the car is repaired to your satisfaction you should demand compensation from the dealer for the depreciation that will result from the body work. Replacing the hood is a dead giveaway to future buyers of your car that your car was in a front end accident. And, of course, the worst will be assumed. The factory hood has 3 information labels plus a flame retardant lining embossed with ' Maxima '. To my knowledge the replacement hood will not have the factory info labels. There's cut outs for 2 of these labels which makes their absense even more noticeable. Indicators like absense of these labels are the first thing that dealers and savvy buyers will look for when examining your car for any evidence of accidents in the car's history.
Good luck.
Old 03-26-2002, 07:23 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

sorry to hear that. sounds like one of them freak accidents you hear about but hope nevers to you. let us know how it works out.
Old 03-26-2002, 08:30 AM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
I suggest you seek your own repair shop rather then the dealer's suggestion. They don't really have a good incentive to provide top notch work. I would get in the phone book and call around for a body shop that caters to Mercedes,Porsche, Audi etc... They typically perform at a notch or two higher than the typical body shop.
is that true...?
Old 03-29-2002, 07:13 PM

Well I got the car back today and it looks like Shiet. There is a bubble in the paint in the edge of the hood. That will chip off in a month and rust in 3 months. There is also all these itty bitty scratches on the driver side fender like where someone was leaning over the car to work on it. I am going into the dealership on Monday and I am going to wage war. Remember that movie "Cadallac Man"? Where the guy went into the dealership and held everyone hostage, well you all are going to hear about me on the news if they don't get this straight.

I plan on demading a new hood from the factory then when it gets in sending it to the paint shop, and it will get painted until it is right. Then when I am happy I am going to take this one off and shove it up their A$$.

Other than that I got a new grill and the whole front bumper is repainted, which looks real good and all the rock chips are gone now. The new clutch feels good compared to the messed up one they had. Now I just gotta be soft with it for the next 500+ to make sure it gets a good break-in.

On a side note, there is this guy with a GTI down the road from me. Well I heard him hit it today and it sounds lile someone got some boost for Christmas. I am going to have to spy on him and see if he is worth an east-side challenge.
Old 03-29-2002, 07:54 PM

dood im sorry to hear about that sh*t i had a simular prob with my girlfriend i had my car 2 weeks and she backed it up in to a fire hydrant but the only damage was a hole in my rear bumper and quite a few scratches
Old 03-29-2002, 08:28 PM

What dealership in the DC area? Im about to buy my Maxima and want to avoid them for sure.
Old 03-29-2002, 09:01 PM
lcf

i suggest you get an attorney. true, getting an attorney will cost money. but heh, shameless plug, im an associate of a company which provides legal services to individuals in situations like yours.

to summarize, there are 2 plans. the standard and the extended plans. the standard covers you and your significent other (does not have to be spouse). the extended plan will cover your whole immediate family. the sweet part about the legal plan is that you are covered for almost anything you can think of.
  • the standard plan is $16 a month (we draft from your checking or savings accnt)
  • the extended plan is $26 a month (checking or savings again)
whats so cool about it?

MEMBERS ARE PROVIDED WITH LEGAL SERVICES AT NO CHARGE!! (except the monthly fee which is why youre a member! ) yes, our attorneys will do anything for you unless it is drug or alcohol related. if then, they will give you at least a 25% discount off of what the typical retainer would be for the job.

who are these attorneys?

our company only works with A/V rated lawfirms. (what does that rating mean? check out this link: http://www.martindale.com/xp/Martind...categories.xml) they are private lawfirms as well as provider lawfirms which go to work for our members.

i dont know you and you dont know me, but i advise you to do this: become a member of prepaid legal, inc. immediately contact your provider attorney. inform them of the incident and give the reins to them. as soon as everything is resolved, cancel the service, of course, unless youre so taken aback with the service and speed, that you decide to keep it. there is no penalty fee for cancelling your membership at ANY TIME!!

to become a member, its the usual monthly fee + a $10 processing fee. so depending on which plan you get, your first months fee will be either $26 or $36. for more information check out my website. its a little cheesy but i made it a long time ago.

and oh, a im a member myself. i love the service. ive used it to get myself out of several speeding tickets. however, currently my license is suspended from a ticket from a different state and its resurrected itself to bite me in the ****. im being charged with a misdemeanor. BUT, my attorney and i are going to court on april 3rd. if i had hired this guy privately, i'd be shelling out a few hundred dollars. with the service, i only pay $16 a month and my girlfriend and i are protected. ive also used the service to get my security deposit back from an evil landlord at my previous apt. ive used the service to resolve an issue with an outrageous nextel cell phone bill. they told me i had free incoming minutes but apparently i didnt... it was a disaster. but my lawyers all resolved everything for me. i couldnt be happier..... ONLY $16 A MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!

oh god, im ashamed of myself, haha. if you feel offended that i used this thread to plug my business i apologize. i hope everything works out for you! good luck!

ccc
http://lcf.digitalrice.com

and if you do decide to become a member, let me know please and i'll take care of you! cheers.
Old 03-30-2002, 06:34 AM

Re: Re: Dealership Wrecked my car!!!!!

Originally posted by lcf
i suggest you get an attorney. true, getting an attorney will cost money. but heh, shameless plug, im an associate of a company which provides legal services to individuals in situations like yours.

to summarize, there are 2 plans. the standard and the extended plans. the standard covers you and your significent other (does not have to be spouse). the extended plan will cover your whole immediate family. the sweet part about the legal plan is that you are covered for almost anything you can think of.
  • the standard plan is $16 a month (we draft from your checking or savings accnt)
  • the extended plan is $26 a month (checking or savings again)
whats so cool about it?

MEMBERS ARE PROVIDED WITH LEGAL SERVICES AT NO CHARGE!! (except the monthly fee which is why youre a member! ) yes, our attorneys will do anything for you unless it is drug or alcohol related. if then, they will give you at least a 25% discount off of what the typical retainer would be for the job.

who are these attorneys?

our company only works with A/V rated lawfirms. (what does that rating mean? check out this link: http://www.martindale.com/xp/Martind...categories.xml) they are private lawfirms as well as provider lawfirms which go to work for our members.

i dont know you and you dont know me, but i advise you to do this: become a member of prepaid legal, inc. immediately contact your provider attorney. inform them of the incident and give the reins to them. as soon as everything is resolved, cancel the service, of course, unless youre so taken aback with the service and speed, that you decide to keep it. there is no penalty fee for cancelling your membership at ANY TIME!!

to become a member, its the usual monthly fee + a $10 processing fee. so depending on which plan you get, your first months fee will be either $26 or $36. for more information check out my website. its a little cheesy but i made it a long time ago.

and oh, a im a member myself. i love the service. ive used it to get myself out of several speeding tickets. however, currently my license is suspended from a ticket from a different state and its resurrected itself to bite me in the ****. im being charged with a misdemeanor. BUT, my attorney and i are going to court on april 3rd. if i had hired this guy privately, i'd be shelling out a few hundred dollars. with the service, i only pay $16 a month and my girlfriend and i are protected. ive also used the service to get my security deposit back from an evil landlord at my previous apt. ive used the service to resolve an issue with an outrageous nextel cell phone bill. they told me i had free incoming minutes but apparently i didnt... it was a disaster. but my lawyers all resolved everything for me. i couldnt be happier..... ONLY $16 A MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!

oh god, im ashamed of myself, haha. if you feel offended that i used this thread to plug my business i apologize. i hope everything works out for you! good luck!

ccc
http://lcf.digitalrice.com

and if you do decide to become a member, let me know please and i'll take care of you! cheers.
That is cool dood. No problem here with you advising the group of these type of deals. I am interested in that type of service. I think I would use it for this and definitely would like to know I have counsel if I ever need it. Shoot me an email with all the info.

dblrr900@yahoo.com

unbe- The dealership was Passport Nissan in Alexandria. I didn't buy from them either, I went there 4 times and no one wanted to talk to me. One time three guys were huddled together talking about ****!! I bought my car at Rosenthal Nissan in Tysons Corner. That was a mistake too, they like to play the game too much.

One guy here bought his car up in MD, right off the beltway, and he said he had a great experience. I can't remember who it was though.
Old 03-31-2002, 09:50 AM
lcf

Re: Re: Re: Dealership Wrecked my car!!!!!

That is cool dood. No problem here with you advising the group of these type of deals. I am interested in that type of service. I think I would use it for this and definitely would like to know I have counsel if I ever need it. Shoot me an email with all the info.

dblrr900@yahoo.com

unbe- The dealership was Passport Nissan in Alexandria. I didn't buy from them either, I went there 4 times and no one wanted to talk to me. One time three guys were huddled together talking about ****!! I bought my car at Rosenthal Nissan in Tysons Corner. That was a mistake too, they like to play the game too much.

One guy here bought his car up in MD, right off the beltway, and he said he had a great experience. I can't remember who it was though.
email sent.
Old 03-31-2002, 03:12 PM

this is what you do......
tell them to do the following:
- give you an ae kit......(even though it doesn't fit a 2k2)..... (just to **** em off)

- Give me a SC

- Give me a new intake

- Give me a new grill, installed on FACTORY PARTS

- Give me a Clear Bra

- Install a NEW ALARM

- Give me 5 grand

Tell them that even if you fix it, it still won't be the same as before....so if they don't listen to you by fulfilling all the above points, then tell them to give you a BRAND NEW 2k2, OR ELSE, call the cops.....

then, tell them that you have told half the maxima owners that are in the states and Canada how crappy the dealership is, and show them not to mess with you.....then, phone the next day to tell them to transfer your service file to another dealership......and don't do it talking to the service guy, talk to the sales manager...that will really **** em off.......a MAX is not MAX if the dealersip blows
Old 04-01-2002, 05:19 AM

what dealer did this to your car?

i live in d.c. and i take my car to passport in marlow heights, maryland. do you live around d.c.?
sorry to hear about your bad luck. keep ya head up, something good is bound to come out of this. so just wait for it to come. peace.
Old 04-01-2002, 07:30 AM

dont forget to take pictures!

i dunno if anyone mentioned this yet cuz i didnt not read all the posting, but from personal experience i suggest you take pictures ASAP.That way you will have proof if the come out with some B/S#1t excuse, like that was already there ...... well u get the point!!
Hope you get it all fixed and done nicely. GOOD LUCK
Old 04-01-2002, 06:58 PM

Re: what dealer did this to your car?

Originally posted by kjpierce
i live in d.c. and i take my car to passport in marlow heights, maryland. do you live around d.c.?
sorry to hear about your bad luck. keep ya head up, something good is bound to come out of this. so just wait for it to come. peace.
The dealership is in Alexandria, VA.

Well All has been worked out. I went in today and talked with the Service Manager. We discussed all the issues I had on my plate, and we took a look over the car and things. I am happy, and he comped me some service and other stuff to cover the loss of value. All in all, S.H.I.T. happens, and they did things quickly and proffesionaly to fix the car and get me rolling. The paint is OK, and the little scratches on the side are going to be fixed by them as well.

The best perk is that I worked out a promise that I get the sweetest deal of the year when me and the lady come in this fall to get her G35 . The dealership is supposed to pick up Infiniti any time now. I also asked about the NISMO line and he said they were told it was coming and that is all they told them, he said the publis knows more about that then they do. He said that the line is def. coming, but they don't know what is coming for parts.