5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Cattman Cat-Back Exhaust Now Available.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2002, 04:39 PM
Custommaxima.com

Cattman Cat-Back Exhaust Now Available.

The long wait for the new Cattman Stainless Steel Cat-Back exhaust is over. 5th gen models will be available Wednesday and ready to ship, while 4th gen models will be available in 3-4 weeks. This post is to announce the recent availability and also to offer a $25 discount on pre-orders. I will save $25 on shipping when it is sent directly from the manufacturer to you rather then shipping them all to me then turning it around and reshipping it back out. That savings will be passed onto you, but I need to be contacted and have the exhaust paid for it within 24 hours. The 5th gen normal retail price will be $600, meaning your discounted price on pre-orders will be $575. I am especially looking for a buyer in the Connecticut area so I may take pictures of the installation and record sound files of the exhausts tone. I have muffler shop connections locally that can give you a significant discount on installation. Email me ASAP if interested: Greg@CustomMaxima.com.
REMEMBER TO GET THE $25 DISCOUNT I NEED TO BE CONTACTED BEFORE WEDNESDAY AT 3PM.
Thanks,
Greg
www.CustomMaxima.com

Old 03-26-2002, 10:27 PM

Re: Cattman Cat-Back Exhaust Now Available.

Originally posted by Custommaxima.com
The long wait for the new Cattman Stainless Steel Cat-Back exhaust is over. 5th gen models will be available Wednesday and ready to ship, while 4th gen models will be available in 3-4 weeks. This post is to announce the recent availability and also to offer a $25 discount on pre-orders. I will save $25 on shipping when it is sent directly from the manufacturer to you rather then shipping them all to me then turning it around and reshipping it back out. That savings will be passed onto you, but I need to be contacted and have the exhaust paid for it within 24 hours. The 5th gen normal retail price will be $600, meaning your discounted price on pre-orders will be $575. I am especially looking for a buyer in the Connecticut area so I may take pictures of the installation and record sound files of the exhausts tone. I have muffler shop connections locally that can give you a significant discount on installation. Email me ASAP if interested: Greg@CustomMaxima.com.
REMEMBER TO GET THE $25 DISCOUNT I NEED TO BE CONTACTED BEFORE WEDNESDAY AT 3PM.
Thanks,
Greg
www.CustomMaxima.com

What about b-pipes?

for 5th gen maximas!!!

Old 03-26-2002, 11:53 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Re: Re: Cattman Cat-Back Exhaust Now Available.

BTW, same deal goes at Cattman Performance, 800.795.1513, except our deadline is 1:00pm Mountain Standard Time tomorrow. The opportunity for the modest discount came up suddenly; the fabricator completed them ahead of schedule and says they have to be shipped tomorrow, but offered to drop ship to any individual customers we could identify by noon.

The muffler and B-pipe can be shipped separately, but not from this initial pre-sale shipment we're trying to find buyers for right now because the fabricator has them all boxed up as complete sets. The separate components will be available from Cattman and Custom Maxima as soon as I receive them at my warehouse (which will be Friday or Monday).

The muffler and midpipe are interchangeable with stock (or anything that fits like stock). I would add to Greg's comments by mentioning that the key feature of this exhaust is that its designed to compliment aftermarket Y-pipes, rather than to be compromised by them.

The only other thing I would add to Greg's apt pitch is that these are twin tip mufflers, the all-stainless materials include both 304 and 400-series alloys, and that the fabrication is entirely done with TIG-welding. Haven't done my homework thoroughly enough to know for sure, but these may be the only Maxima exhausts available with TIG-welded strength. I would like to know if I'm wrong, but make sure you're right ;-) Using the GReddy system as an example, it is not TIG-welded, all the tubing and the mid-pipe resonator is mild steel, and there is no design provision for Y-pipes.

Anyway, we'll probably be accused of price-gouging because these cost so darned much to make. I know from my input from customers was that there is a demand for a top-quality all-stainless pipe that would sound good with a Y-pipe.

So we pulled out all the stops. This is a rare case of a US-made aftermarket import exhaust. The manufacturer is Stromung Exhaust in Huntington Beach, one of the best out there, and we cut no corners in materials or fabrication methods to bring out an exhaust that is without a question the best available for the Maxima. Fits all 2000+ Maximas, including the 2002s (thank you Nissan for the crossover).

The price we pay for this level of quality is rediculously high and these can't be marked down much or often, so try to take advantage of this brief sale with Cattman Performance or Custom Maxima.

If you miss the "12-hour sale", which it is as I write, we are both taking orders for the catback ($600) or the separate muffler ($350)or B=pipe (250) with shipping beginning next Monday or Tuesday.

Brian C. Catts
Cattman Performance

Originally posted by MaxTuner

What about b-pipes?

for 5th gen maximas!!!

Old 03-27-2002, 12:16 AM

does the catback replace the stock ypipe and bpipe?
Old 03-27-2002, 12:22 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by kit99bar
does the catback replace the stock ypipe and bpipe?
Just the B-Pipe and muffler.

Once I get some headers or a Y-Pipe I will probably buy this exhaust system
Old 03-27-2002, 05:21 AM

Re: Re: Re: Cattman Cat-Back Exhaust Now Available.

What about some pics for potential shoppers? Visual appeal is part of the decision process!

Tkx!

Originally posted by Cattman
BTW, same deal goes at Cattman Performance, 800.795.1513, except our deadline is 1:00pm Mountain Standard Time tomorrow. The opportunity for the modest discount came up suddenly; the fabricator completed them ahead of schedule and says they have to be shipped tomorrow, but offered to drop ship to any individual customers we could identify by noon.

The muffler and B-pipe can be shipped separately, but not from this initial pre-sale shipment we're trying to find buyers for right now because the fabricator has them all boxed up as complete sets. The separate components will be available from Cattman and Custom Maxima as soon as I receive them at my warehouse (which will be Friday or Monday).

The muffler and midpipe are interchangeable with stock (or anything that fits like stock). I would add to Greg's comments by mentioning that the key feature of this exhaust is that its designed to compliment aftermarket Y-pipes, rather than to be compromised by them.

The only other thing I would add to Greg's apt pitch is that these are twin tip mufflers, the all-stainless materials include both 304 and 400-series alloys, and that the fabrication is entirely done with TIG-welding. Haven't done my homework thoroughly enough to know for sure, but these may be the only Maxima exhausts available with TIG-welded strength. I would like to know if I'm wrong, but make sure you're right ;-) Using the GReddy system as an example, it is not TIG-welded, all the tubing and the mid-pipe resonator is mild steel, and there is no design provision for Y-pipes.

Anyway, we'll probably be accused of price-gouging because these cost so darned much to make. I know from my input from customers was that there is a demand for a top-quality all-stainless pipe that would sound good with a Y-pipe.

So we pulled out all the stops. This is a rare case of a US-made aftermarket import exhaust. The manufacturer is Stromung Exhaust in Huntington Beach, one of the best out there, and we cut no corners in materials or fabrication methods to bring out an exhaust that is without a question the best available for the Maxima. Fits all 2000+ Maximas, including the 2002s (thank you Nissan for the crossover).

The price we pay for this level of quality is rediculously high and these can't be marked down much or often, so try to take advantage of this brief sale with Cattman Performance or Custom Maxima.

If you miss the "12-hour sale", which it is as I write, we are both taking orders for the catback ($600) or the separate muffler ($350)or B=pipe (250) with shipping beginning next Monday or Tuesday.

Brian C. Catts
Cattman Performance

Old 03-27-2002, 07:33 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cattman Cat-Back Exhaust Now Available.

Couldn't agree more, and this will happen as soon as I actually get an exhaust system in my hands, but they're being made in LA and I haven't been able to get early photos.

Brian C. Catts
Cattman Performance

Originally posted by ohboiya
What about some pics for potential shoppers? Visual appeal is part of the decision process!

Tkx!

Old 03-27-2002, 08:05 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cattman Cat-Back Exhaust Now Available.

I'm enjoying my Cattman Catback very much. Thanks Brian

Originally posted by Cattman
Couldn't agree more, and this will happen as soon as I actually get an exhaust system in my hands, but they're being made in LA and I haven't been able to get early photos.

Brian C. Catts
Cattman Performance

Old 03-27-2002, 08:35 AM
Maxtor

Assuming someone has an aftermarket y-pipe already how would you describe the sound? How does it compare to the Greddy across the RPM band sound wise?

Sound clips would also help!

Old 03-27-2002, 08:43 AM

What does the 4th gen system look like? ANy pics?
Old 03-27-2002, 09:02 AM
Custommaxima.com

I will have lots of pictures and sound files as soon as I can find someone in Connecticut that is interested in it.

Old 03-27-2002, 09:14 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

The gen4 catbacks are being designed now, so no pictures (or sound files) yet.

Brian C. Catts
Cattman Performance

Originally posted by MaximaRacer
What does the 4th gen system look like? ANy pics?
Old 04-03-2002, 06:49 PM

will the 4th gen be dual tip?? cause i dont think the dual would look right with the one opening we have. So far looks goos from what i saw on the 5th gen version. I just hope its not up there with the Greddy system at around $550+...

Ant