5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

One Less Max

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2002, 05:16 PM

One Less Max

I had a very bad afternoon with my 01SE Anniversary edition; I was involved in a side collision at an intersection. The lady that hit me was going in excessive forty miles an hour, both doors are crushed in and the roof and floor pan are buckled, the side air bag and steel reinforcing rail in the doors saved my ***. The firemen were asking around as to who the driver was and I was standing next to them, they couldn’t believe I was ok, they kept looking at the car and me and back to the car, I explained the side impact air bag was between me and the door and my face and the glass. They believe the car is totaled, as is the car that hit me, she went to the hospital (no seat belt or air bag). I am severely bummed about my ride but I’ll buy another as soon as they give me the word, I believe if I was driving a lesser car I could be being fitted for a cast right now or worse.
Old 03-28-2002, 05:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'm glad you're OK. Time to start looking around for a 2K2 6-speed!
Old 03-28-2002, 05:20 PM
Mauja He Mauja

sorry to hear that . praise the lord that u are safe. now GIDDY UP and get another one ASAP
Old 03-28-2002, 05:24 PM

Amen, thank you for sharing that piece of information and placing a new-found confidence in our cars, but more importantly it's great to hear that you're okay
Old 03-28-2002, 05:25 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

I think you need a car like mine ! Nice to see youre OK !
Old 03-28-2002, 05:34 PM
lcf

i want someone to total my car too!!
Old 03-28-2002, 05:45 PM
Mauja He Mauja

[B]i want someone to total my car too!!

bring it on
Old 03-28-2002, 05:45 PM

Originally posted by lcf
i want someone to total my car too!!
back with you on this one.
Old 03-28-2002, 06:05 PM

Thanks for the support guys, careful what you wish for, I was broken hearted looking at it while waiting for the flatbed to arrive. I did enjoy that car, the cop that stayed with me waiting for my ride said it was only transportation; I don’t see it that way. My boss picked me up and let me take home his 01 SE AE black, automajic, although I drove it home like an old lady. Oh and get this, we had two cars sitting in the middle of a busy road at five PM waiting for the wreckers to move them, one of the tow trucks gets into an accident on the way, great day.
Old 03-28-2002, 06:20 PM
Very sound, Mike

sorry to hear the news

but most importantly, i'm glad to see you're okay. for some reason reading news on one of the Org peeps being in an accident feels like i just had a family member experience it...

We are the Org.
Old 03-28-2002, 07:07 PM

Re: One Less Max

I never placed much faith in side air bags... but stories like this make me wonder... glad to hear that you're ok... the car is replaceable, you are not!!!

Sue that SOB, and get yourself a new 2k2!! :-)

-Tom Z.

Originally posted by Proceedbob
I had a very bad afternoon with my 01SE Anniversary edition; I was involved in a side collision at an intersection. The lady that hit me was going in excessive forty miles an hour, both doors are crushed in and the roof and floor pan are buckled, the side air bag and steel reinforcing rail in the doors saved my ***. The firemen were asking around as to who the driver was and I was standing next to them, they couldn’t believe I was ok, they kept looking at the car and me and back to the car, I explained the side impact air bag was between me and the door and my face and the glass. They believe the car is totaled, as is the car that hit me, she went to the hospital (no seat belt or air bag). I am severely bummed about my ride but I’ll buy another as soon as they give me the word, I believe if I was driving a lesser car I could be being fitted for a cast right now or worse.
Old 03-28-2002, 11:58 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Divine intervention I tell you... saved your butt and enabled you to get a newer Max...

Seriously, accidents are a pain... the initial crash and then all of the other crap that you have to deal with after it. I feel you pain brother...
Old 03-29-2002, 12:20 AM

Damn......very sorry to hear that, glad ur ok. I know u might feel bad now, but look on the bright side, maybe u want a benz or bimmer now!!=)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Proceedbob
[B]I had a very bad afternoon with my 01SE Anniversary edition; I was involved in a side collision at an intersection. The lady that hit me was going in excessive forty miles an hour, both doors are crushed in and the roof and floor pan are buckled, the side air bag and steel reinforcing rail in the doors saved my ***. The firemen were asking around as to who the driver was and I was standing next to them, they couldn’t believe I was ok, they kept looking at the car and me and back to the car, I ..........
Old 03-29-2002, 05:41 AM

glad to hear u are ok, sorry to hear about the car
Old 03-29-2002, 08:14 AM

Originally posted by HyperBlack
Amen, thank you for sharing that piece of information and placing a new-found confidence in our cars, but more importantly it's great to hear that you're okay
Sorry to hear about your accident; glad you're okay. The Maxima saved my friend's brother's life as well.. he got hit by a lady who merged into the left lane from the right side and his car flipped over 4 times and landed upside down, the car was totalled, but he only suffered some neck pain. Wear your seatbelts guys... you never know what kind of idiots are on the road.
Old 03-29-2002, 09:29 AM

Make sure you get fair price from the insurance company. They always try to jip you. Make sure they knew it was an AE and not just a plain SE.
Old 03-29-2002, 09:47 AM

I am sprry to hear about you car, but as always, at least you weren't hurt. I never though side airbags were that big of a deal. After reading this, I think that will definately be a requirement on the next car I choose.

Thanks for sharing! SoundMike-What's going on brother? You're right about the family comment. We feel your pain as well...

Did she have insurance? I'm going through the hassle of getting money from a guy who decided to T-Bone my car with no insurance...It's been over a year and so far, $75.

Later,

Trevor
Old 03-29-2002, 01:36 PM

Massachusetts has no fault insurance and your respective insurance company pays your claim, that’s sometimes a good thing. My agent said the retail on the car is 24-25k according to her yellow (?) book, so I should be covered if it’s totaled, although they (body shop) thinks they will wish to repair the car unless the damage exceeds seventy five percent of it’s value. Not sure I want it back. Again thanks for the support.

Bob
Old 03-29-2002, 02:06 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Glad to hear your ok.

I personally would not want the car back after going through that type of accident. I hope they claim this as a total loss. This way you could upgrade to a 2K2 or even a G35. I think you deserve it after all this.